...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery? - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #46
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby
Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?

From what I could see, it is indeed fake. The page where I saw it even wrote "What it might look like."
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #47
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
From what I could see, it is indeed fake. The page where I saw it even wrote "What it might look like."
There was a different one running around in facebook a few hours ago stating that the new livery was accidentally unveiled.
bahamut_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #48
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Many shouted "Lufthansa leave the crane as tail logo"!!!, the crane still is in its place even if the livery will be awful.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2018, 07:15 AM   #49
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Airliners.net forum guys posting that LH new livery will indeed be that boring UTA-like crap.

here's the thread.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #50
Brexit is a lie

Anglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobbyAnglojet is a legend of the hobby

This image shows the lightly modified typeface.
Attached Thumbnails
...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?-dlh2018.jpg  

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:02 PM   #51
Only I didn't say Fudge..

United930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast icon

Okay, lets say for the moment that this image is indeed that of the new livery. Seriously...is it really that bad? Is the loss of the yellow crane in favor of a silver one really worth getting all bent out of shape for (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes any new livery).

I mentioned this before; if Lufthansa feels it MUST make some changes to its style, this one looks rather nice. It is still simple, professional, elegant and respectful of its predecessor. This supposedly new livery reminds me of the approach Cathay Pacific took with their new look...which everyone praised.

If this does indeed get revealed as the new livery, it's worth remembering that it could have been much, much, MUCH worse. The day will come when my beloved United Airlines will see the need to revamp its imagery and I can only hope that whatever design that may be I will be able to say "it's a good thing they followed Lufthansa's example".
United930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:12 PM   #52
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Elegant, something not so different from the old Lufthansa livery; but before to judge, as already said, i have to see this livery worn by the real airplane.

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #53
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Several airline blogs listing this as confirmed. I cannot verify as I am at school right now and for some reason a lot of these sites are blocked. If this is indeed it, it sucks plain and simple.

"Freedom is Merely Privilege Extended Unless Enjoyed by One and All"
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 03:43 PM   #54
Take Me Back

Speedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 48 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by United930 View Post
Okay, lets say for the moment that this image is indeed that of the new livery. Seriously...is it really that bad? Is the loss of the yellow crane in favor of a silver one really worth getting all bent out of shape for (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes any new livery).

I mentioned this before; if Lufthansa feels it MUST make some changes to its style, this one looks rather nice. It is still simple, professional, elegant and respectful of its predecessor. This supposedly new livery reminds me of the approach Cathay Pacific took with their new look...which everyone praised.

If this does indeed get revealed as the new livery, it's worth remembering that it could have been much, much, MUCH worse. The day will come when my beloved United Airlines will see the need to revamp its imagery and I can only hope that whatever design that may be I will be able to say "it's a good thing they followed Lufthansa's example".
My problem with this is that it feels like there is no color balance. It's just so incredibly white. A colored underbelly would have made it look a lot more balanced. Also, I may be wrong but are Lufthansa doing away with names for aircraft? If so that is incredibly tragic. I wish airlines would keep a nautical culture, instead of adopting a greyhound culture.

Old 02-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #55
Take Me Back

Something like this would have been classy. The reason I am so attached to the Yellow is because it has always been the color that symbolized Lufthansa, along with blue. Taking yellow out of the Lufthansa livery would be like taking red out of Virgin. If Lufthansa replaced the yellow rather than just elimited it, I would have been perfectly fine. I was a bit against the new Alaska livery as it felt so ridiculously different to Alaska's old identity, but just yesterday I saw an Alaska plane with the new livery flying over my town and thought: "That livery looks smart". Change is not always bad, but change needs to be done right. (On a side note, writing this mini essay is how I spent time that was supposed to be used researching Malaysia, one of the worst documented countries I have ever found, I am going to fail in life lol)

Old 02-01-2018, 04:09 PM   #56
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post

Several airline blogs listing this as confirmed. I cannot verify as I am at school right now and for some reason a lot of these sites are blocked. If this is indeed it, it sucks plain and simple.
Confirmed, Inflight Magazine says it as well.

You dont need a designer spending millions for this....when flying Lufthansa next time, I will say I dont like it if we get a Chance. Will be flying the next 4 weeks about 10 times with them and I am surprised how much they listen to their FTL's or Senators. Maybe we see an Air India effect. The yellow always gave that Branding a bit of warmth in the otherwise quite cold livery.

Last edited by Speedbird 001; 02-01-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 04:52 PM   #57
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by United930 View Post

It's bad in my opinion because the previous one was not only already elegant and classy, but also a simple design. They made it even more simple now... and it feels cheap. This is not a livery which people will remember.
It looks like a copycat of UTA, Royal Airlines, Joon, Airbus House Colors... see? No inspiration at all.
The yellow at the tail was very striking against the blue background. Now the silver makes it still look elegant, yes, but now rather dull.

The absence of the grey belly and engines leave the plane too white... hmmm, just like almost every other airline out there. If you line up Air France, China Eastern, Lufthansa, Finnair, Japan Airlines, etc without seeing the tails, you'll only see a bunch of white planes with just different titles and nothing else. This is too generic, too booooring!
Old 02-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #58
First Officer

bahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dogbahamut_zero is a top dog

Hmmm, just like with Ale, I want to reserve my judgment when D-ABYA rolls out on the 7th which is a few days from now.

I do agree that computer rendition is rather boring since they used two cool colors and it is still the same typeface.
Old 02-01-2018, 07:36 PM   #59
Only I didn't say Fudge..

United930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast iconUnited930 is a diecast icon

Ah well, fair enough. You guys like it the way it was ...and so do I. One thing is certain...you're all going to have to get used to it!

Can't wait for Herpa to fast track a model of it!

I have found this interesting. When American, Southwest, Alaska and even Etihad changed their liveries I was opposed...yet just about everyone here loved the new look.
United930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:13 PM   #60
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
It's bad in my opinion because the previous one was not only already elegant and classy, but also a simple design. They made it even more simple now... and it feels cheap. This is not a livery which people will remember.
It looks like a copycat of UTA, Royal Airlines, Joon, Airbus House Colors... see? No inspiration at all.
The yellow at the tail was very striking against the blue background. Now the silver makes it still look elegant, yes, but now rather dull.

The absence of the grey belly and engines leave the plane too white... hmmm, just like almost every other airline out there. If you line up Air France, China Eastern, Lufthansa, Finnair, Japan Airlines, etc without seeing the tails, you'll only see a bunch of white planes with just different titles and nothing else. This is too generic, too booooring!

OMG! I researched those airlines you mentioned. They all looked the same.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: