Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   1:1 Civil Aviation (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/)
-   -   ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery? (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/131441-if-lufthansa-would-decide-change-livery.html)

Flight fan 01-26-2018 12:42 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
From what I could see, it is indeed fake. The page where I saw it even wrote "What it might look like."

bahamut_zero 01-26-2018 01:36 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight fan (Post 1079730)
From what I could see, it is indeed fake. The page where I saw it even wrote "What it might look like."

There was a different one running around in facebook a few hours ago stating that the new livery was accidentally unveiled.

Charter 01-26-2018 02:46 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Many shouted "Lufthansa leave the crane as tail logo"!!!, the crane still is in its place even if the livery will be awful.

LeoMuse747 02-01-2018 07:15 AM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Airliners.net forum guys posting that LH new livery will indeed be that boring UTA-like crap.

http://abload.de/img/lhliv184wryz.jpg

here's the thread.

Anglojet 02-01-2018 11:25 AM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
1 Attachment(s)
This image shows the lightly modified typeface.

United930 02-01-2018 02:02 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Okay, lets say for the moment that this image is indeed that of the new livery. Seriously...is it really that bad? Is the loss of the yellow crane in favor of a silver one really worth getting all bent out of shape for (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes any new livery).

I mentioned this before; if Lufthansa feels it MUST make some changes to its style, this one looks rather nice. It is still simple, professional, elegant and respectful of its predecessor. This supposedly new livery reminds me of the approach Cathay Pacific took with their new look...which everyone praised.

If this does indeed get revealed as the new livery, it's worth remembering that it could have been much, much, MUCH worse. The day will come when my beloved United Airlines will see the need to revamp its imagery and I can only hope that whatever design that may be I will be able to say "it's a good thing they followed Lufthansa's example".

Charter 02-01-2018 02:12 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Elegant, something not so different from the old Lufthansa livery; but before to judge, as already said, i have to see this livery worn by the real airplane.

Speedbird 48 02-01-2018 03:39 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
https://www.flightglobal.com/assets/...x?itemid=72811

Several airline blogs listing this as confirmed. I cannot verify as I am at school right now and for some reason a lot of these sites are blocked. If this is indeed it, it sucks plain and simple.

Speedbird 48 02-01-2018 03:43 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by United930 (Post 1081417)
Okay, lets say for the moment that this image is indeed that of the new livery. Seriously...is it really that bad? Is the loss of the yellow crane in favor of a silver one really worth getting all bent out of shape for (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes any new livery).

I mentioned this before; if Lufthansa feels it MUST make some changes to its style, this one looks rather nice. It is still simple, professional, elegant and respectful of its predecessor. This supposedly new livery reminds me of the approach Cathay Pacific took with their new look...which everyone praised.

If this does indeed get revealed as the new livery, it's worth remembering that it could have been much, much, MUCH worse. The day will come when my beloved United Airlines will see the need to revamp its imagery and I can only hope that whatever design that may be I will be able to say "it's a good thing they followed Lufthansa's example".

My problem with this is that it feels like there is no color balance. It's just so incredibly white. A colored underbelly would have made it look a lot more balanced. Also, I may be wrong but are Lufthansa doing away with names for aircraft? If so that is incredibly tragic. I wish airlines would keep a nautical culture, instead of adopting a greyhound culture.

Speedbird 48 02-01-2018 03:49 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
https://library.avsim.net/sendfile.p...ImageID=289978

Something like this would have been classy. The reason I am so attached to the Yellow is because it has always been the color that symbolized Lufthansa, along with blue. Taking yellow out of the Lufthansa livery would be like taking red out of Virgin. If Lufthansa replaced the yellow rather than just elimited it, I would have been perfectly fine. I was a bit against the new Alaska livery as it felt so ridiculously different to Alaska's old identity, but just yesterday I saw an Alaska plane with the new livery flying over my town and thought: "That livery looks smart". Change is not always bad, but change needs to be done right. (On a side note, writing this mini essay is how I spent time that was supposed to be used researching Malaysia, one of the worst documented countries I have ever found, I am going to fail in life lol)

Speedbird 001 02-01-2018 04:09 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 (Post 1081521)
https://www.flightglobal.com/assets/...x?itemid=72811

Several airline blogs listing this as confirmed. I cannot verify as I am at school right now and for some reason a lot of these sites are blocked. If this is indeed it, it sucks plain and simple.

Confirmed, Inflight Magazine says it as well. :thumbdown:

You dont need a designer spending millions for this....when flying Lufthansa next time, I will say I dont like it if we get a Chance. Will be flying the next 4 weeks about 10 times with them and I am surprised how much they listen to their FTL's or Senators. Maybe we see an Air India effect. The yellow always gave that Branding a bit of warmth in the otherwise quite cold livery.

LeoMuse747 02-01-2018 04:52 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by United930 (Post 1081417)
Okay, lets say for the moment that this image is indeed that of the new livery. Seriously...is it really that bad? Is the loss of the yellow crane in favor of a silver one really worth getting all bent out of shape for (and this coming from someone who generally dislikes any new livery).

I mentioned this before; if Lufthansa feels it MUST make some changes to its style, this one looks rather nice. It is still simple, professional, elegant and respectful of its predecessor. This supposedly new livery reminds me of the approach Cathay Pacific took with their new look...which everyone praised.

If this does indeed get revealed as the new livery, it's worth remembering that it could have been much, much, MUCH worse. The day will come when my beloved United Airlines will see the need to revamp its imagery and I can only hope that whatever design that may be I will be able to say "it's a good thing they followed Lufthansa's example".

It's bad in my opinion because the previous one was not only already elegant and classy, but also a simple design. They made it even more simple now... and it feels cheap. This is not a livery which people will remember.
It looks like a copycat of UTA, Royal Airlines, Joon, Airbus House Colors... see? No inspiration at all.
The yellow at the tail was very striking against the blue background. Now the silver makes it still look elegant, yes, but now rather dull.

The absence of the grey belly and engines leave the plane too white... hmmm, just like almost every other airline out there. If you line up Air France, China Eastern, Lufthansa, Finnair, Japan Airlines, etc without seeing the tails, you'll only see a bunch of white planes with just different titles and nothing else. This is too generic, too booooring! :yawn:

bahamut_zero 02-01-2018 05:40 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Hmmm, just like with Ale, I want to reserve my judgment when D-ABYA rolls out on the 7th which is a few days from now.

I do agree that computer rendition is rather boring since they used two cool colors and it is still the same typeface.

United930 02-01-2018 07:36 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Ah well, fair enough. You guys like it the way it was ...and so do I. One thing is certain...you're all going to have to get used to it! :confused:

Can't wait for Herpa to fast track a model of it!

I have found this interesting. When American, Southwest, Alaska and even Etihad changed their liveries I was opposed...yet just about everyone here loved the new look.

bahamut_zero 02-01-2018 09:13 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 (Post 1081593)
It's bad in my opinion because the previous one was not only already elegant and classy, but also a simple design. They made it even more simple now... and it feels cheap. This is not a livery which people will remember.
It looks like a copycat of UTA, Royal Airlines, Joon, Airbus House Colors... see? No inspiration at all.
The yellow at the tail was very striking against the blue background. Now the silver makes it still look elegant, yes, but now rather dull.

The absence of the grey belly and engines leave the plane too white... hmmm, just like almost every other airline out there. If you line up Air France, China Eastern, Lufthansa, Finnair, Japan Airlines, etc without seeing the tails, you'll only see a bunch of white planes with just different titles and nothing else. This is too generic, too booooring! :yawn:


OMG! I researched those airlines you mentioned. They all looked the same.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2