Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   1:1 Civil Aviation (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/)
-   -   ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery? (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/131441-if-lufthansa-would-decide-change-livery.html)

Charter 01-22-2018 02:28 PM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?

Let's see how the real airplane will look like. We speculated about Alitalia, American Airlines, Etihad new liveries, for example, then they all looked amazing. Maybe also this Lufthansa livery will be ok...

Flight fan 01-22-2018 03:15 PM

I'm have to say I disagree with you there, Charter. The Alitalia is just kind of 'meh.' AA has grown on me, but not a whole lot. Etihad? Geez, that's even worse than JAL! :(

LeoMuse747 01-22-2018 07:20 PM

I have to agree with Charter, since I like all three liveries metioned... even if I think these airlines didn't need new liveries :lol:

Speedbird 48 01-22-2018 08:04 PM

Why did they do away with the yellow? That color has been there with them for ages. And it is the color most people associate with Germany nowadays.

Speedbird 48 01-22-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solicitor82 (Post 1078266)
I second that my friend...remember when Japan Airlines changed their elegant red sun livery to the dull current colours? I hope LH donít go that route...

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/ol...img/800win.jpg

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/aircraft/744d/img/800_600.jpg

A combination of these two would have been a dream :(

Anglojet 01-23-2018 09:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone at LH managed to grab a quick photo.

LeoMuse747 01-23-2018 09:43 AM

Huge dislike!

bahamut_zero 01-23-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 (Post 1078530)

the tsurumaru one is the classiest one compared to their current livery which is meh.

Looks based on the pics, it is just an update with the tail, unless they go on full qantas on this one.

FlyingFan1 01-23-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anglojet (Post 1078634)

Makes sense with the hidden tail of their 9th A350. But what about the front of the aircraft?

Speedbird 48 01-23-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Is there a place to vomit nearby?

American787 01-23-2018 08:00 PM

Quote:

Looks to me that someone did a quick photoshop of an A350 from an inflight magazine or something using the tail picture from the factory. You can clearly see blue splotches on the tail and the wing root has obvious grey paint left over from the now old livery. Don’t be “vomiting” yet; let’s wait for an official Lufthansa announcement before we get our hopes up (or down).

American787

AustralianMd-11 01-23-2018 10:24 PM

Might as well leave them in the Airbus colours, look pretty much the same if these photos are in fact the new livery. To be honest, I kind of like it, it radiates a business/premium feel by removing the yellow and darkening the blue. I am sure many of you disagree because a lot of you guys are Europe based and you likely have memories with the blue and yellow livery and reminisce those times, I however never remember seeing a Lufthansa aircraft in the flesh other than the 748 that came to Sydney a couple of years ago, which was amazing. I do not see why Lufthansa is changing their livery. Usually this is because of a change in leadership or and emerging from ashes or something of the like but Lufthansa as far as I can see has nothing too important in the books until the 77X is introduced in the early 20's. I will be traveling on them when I go to Europe in June and by then there should be a couple of a/c in the new livery so I might make a judgment between the two then but for now, I welcome the change.

bahamut_zero 01-24-2018 07:01 AM

I guess we'll just have to play the waiting game and just specukate.

Speedbird 001 01-24-2018 07:11 AM

It looks like it is what we saw....getting regular mails due to my Frequent Flyer Membership from LH.
I noticed in today's mail in the Background style of mails have changed.
They show blue and silver, no more yellow. I wish this is only a co-incidence, but fear it is not....

This livery, if it comes, is just plain boring. If choosing silver and dark blue, which is nice....you could have made a lot more out of it. This is simply meaningless.

bahamut_zero 01-26-2018 12:36 PM

There was a picture going on around Facebook about a picture of D-ABYA being accidentally shown with the livery that was shown here with the Qantas-ish tail.
Although a lot of people I know was reputing that it was a fake.