Wings900 Discussion Forums

Wings900 Discussion Forums (https://www.wings900.com/vb/)
-   1:1 Civil Aviation (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/)
-   -   ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery? (https://www.wings900.com/vb/1-1-civil-aviation/131441-if-lufthansa-would-decide-change-livery.html)

Collector787 01-18-2018 10:12 AM

Re: ...and if Lufthansa would decide to change livery?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faucett Peru (Post 1077026)
There is also a discussion about this topic at airliners.net

On a brazilian site a new livery was spotted, that might be close to the new livery.

I hope it is not :eek:

https://caixapretadasolange.blogspot...-preta_17.html

scroll down to see the ? new livery ?

A picture of the new businessclass looks like it could be actually like this:
https://s14-eu5.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/...f784212caf4adb

I don‘t like this new livery, but there is written:

Two aircraft, the Boeing 747-8 D-ABYA and an A321 D-AISQ with the new paint (white fuselage and silver color replacing yellow) will be presented (as below, with 99% certainty)})

levideson102 01-18-2018 01:08 PM

Sad to see this change (if its true). I really liked the Gray/Yellow colour combination, its how you identified the brand. But seeing the economy on the A350 being blue/silver, it is highly likely.

bahamut_zero 01-18-2018 03:20 PM

Based on the pictures, it looks Qantas inspired.

I just wished that there are some other colors like the yellow. But I'm keeping my hopes up since ABYA will be the one who will first carry that new livery.

United930 01-18-2018 06:18 PM

If Lufthansa MUST change their livery, the silver and blue is the least offensive to my eye.

The yellow should be retained but silver and blue is the lesser of many evils. I also wouldn't be opposed to adding that livery to my display since it will be a 747-8. We will see soon enough! :sweatdrop:

bahamut_zero 01-18-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by United930 (Post 1077170)
If Lufthansa MUST change their livery, the silver and blue is the least offensive to my eye.

The yellow should be retained but silver and blue is the lesser of many evils. I also wouldn't be opposed to adding that livery to my display since it will be a 747-8. We will see soon enough! :sweatdrop:

Same here. Sooner or later it will be on the whole fleet. :) But there should be a hint of yellow in the new livery.
I do agree that I will wait for the 1:400 version of it since it is Brandenburg

LeoMuse747 01-18-2018 09:35 PM

Well... we'll only know for sure if someone leak photos of the real plane or if we wait until the 747-8 be rolled out at FCO.

None of all these concepts look OK for Lufthansa IMHO, and they shouldn't even change their scheme. It's classy, it's totally classy, it's absolutely classy.
One of the most serious, elegant and low-profile liveries of the sky. Fits perfectly to one of the most important flag carriers of the world.

This livery presented at this Brazilian blog is absolutely boring, tasteless, too simple. Reminds me of Joon or maybe Airbus House Colors. Simply disgusting.

I guess we have to hold our breathes till February.

solicitor82 01-18-2018 09:58 PM

If it a,isn’t broke why fix it, I really think the current one is very elegant specially on B747-8, wonder why they’re changing it, change for the sake of change is pointless...

Charter 01-19-2018 06:20 AM

Lufthansa can't wear its airplanes with a "stupid" livery because since 1988 they have (had) a livery that is a real heritage, the same for other iconic airlines like British Airways.
I hope Brazilian website, giving the image of new Lufthansa livery as 99% true, is not right!

Anglojet 01-21-2018 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A350 with the new tail spotted in Toulouse (left) Possible finished design (right)

Speedbird 48 01-21-2018 09:28 PM

Tell me this won't happen

solicitor82 01-21-2018 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 (Post 1078250)
Tell me this won't happen

I second that my friend...remember when Japan Airlines changed their elegant red sun livery to the dull current colours? I hope LH don’t go that route...

Flight fan 01-22-2018 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That seems to confirm an image I saw on Facebook a few days ago.

solicitor82 01-22-2018 12:45 PM

Looks like a dark blue version of the Qantas livery from a distrancd unless my eyes are deceiving me, LOL

DutchCollector 01-22-2018 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flight fan (Post 1078346)
That seems to confirm an image I saw on Facebook a few days ago.

Apparently the font will also change, so the titles are incorrect.. Interesting developments, let's hope they don't screw it up...

LeoMuse747 01-22-2018 01:55 PM

February 07th... Rollout of new Lufthansa livery and probably will be the week of Herpa new releases! My goodness, my poor heart might not be ready!