News of civil aviation world. - Page 70 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #1036
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: News of civil aviation world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by United930 View Post
Our minds are quite alike Charter...I didn't like that livery either. I don't understand why the history of SF always seems to begin with the psychadelic, turbulent 60s hippie craze. To true SF natives (my parents, grandparents and in-laws) the 60s in SF were becoming more and more dangerous and chaotic. They don't have fond memories of their city during that time and yet, the cliche with liveries like this is that it was all free love, poetry and communal bliss.

My family often relate to me that SF was an amazing place to grow up UNTIL the 1960s. There is indeed so much history here but the historical "powers that be" (whoever they are) have dicided that SF history begins with the Haight Ashbury and the emergence of the beatnik counterculture. I have made it something of a hobby to join walking tours in various neighborhoods and the things one can learn are astonishing!

Oddly enough, "SF History Days" is an annual event that is gaining incredible momentum (given that I nearly didn't even get in this year because of the crowds) because the secret has come out that much attention is focused on every aspect of the City's past...and it's not all about the 1960s! One very interesting thing we learned about is a WPA scale model of the City built in the 1930s that is hyper accurate down to each building at the time. Each branch of the public library put a section of this model on display and we found the portion that displayed the house we live in...turns out the builders of the house owned quite an expensive plot of land! But there it was...our house (built 1904)...represented on this model!

Anyway, this has nothing to do with aviation news, but that Swiss SF livery clearly sparked some thoughts. I could go on...but I won't!
Swiss A340-300 "San Francisco" seems the bad evolution of Braniff DC-8 painted by USA artist Alexander Calder and Condor B757-200 painted by USA artist James Rizzi
(both from New York).

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 03:20 PM   #1037
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: World airports news.

Washington "Dulles" airport (USA) welcomes the first Alitalia flight on May 2nd.
Alitalia started to fly to IAD five times a week with the A330-200.

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria...R.I.P.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:27 PM   #1038
The Dark Side

New logo jet for Brussels Airlines, a tribute to painter Pieter Bruegel

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-03-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:34 PM   #1039
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
JAL-Japan Airlines is preparing to Tokyo 2020 XXXII Olympic Games with a new airline and livery.
The new airline is named ZIPAIR, it will be a low cost airline with JAL high quality service; in 2020 will start flights with a B787-8, Tokyo - Bangkok and Tokyo - Seoul the first two routes.

Japan Airlines Prepares for the Olympics with New Airline and Livery

Honestly speaking i did not understand if JAL will completely change livery of it will be just a refresh.
I am sure there will be many special liveries especially wearing the widebodies, but i did not understand about a complete change of their livery.

This is how new Japanese low cost ZIP Air looks like:

A very anonymous livery, nothing of appealing.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2019, 03:37 PM   #1040
The Dark Side

Quote:

From Almaty, Kazakstan, on May 1st a new airline will start operations: FlyAristan, using A320s.

The airline started flights from Almaty to six domestic destinations.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2019, 03:40 PM   #1041
The Dark Side

While almost everyone seems focused on the three B747-400's, i am attracted by the 4th British Airways "Heritage livery" airplane, the A319.
I think she is really wonderful, a little masterpiece; i hope Herpa will realize her in 1:500 scale.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-03-2019, 03:44 PM   #1042
The Dark Side

Fiji Airways announced they will add two A350-900s for international routes to USA and Australia.
I can only imagine the beauty of an A350 in Fiji Airways livery, especially for a spotter!

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #1043
The Dark Side

JAL first A350-900, it will become JA01XJ

Enter Air, Polish leisure airline, buys 49% of Germania Flug, the Swiss brand of German failed Germania.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #1044
The Dark Side

Quote:
Air Dolomiti new "non-livery". Regional subsidiary of Lufthansa, operating a full E195's fleet, refreshed the livery removing the blue strips on the fuselage.

Let me return on Air Dolomiti and its new livery:
part of Lufthansa Group, flying since 1991, has a fleet of 14 E195. The E195 are transferred from Lufthansa CityLine, one of them I-ADJS wears "25th Anniversary" special livery, while I-ADJV wears Star Alliance livery.

This was Air Dolomiti old livery (beautiful)

changed in a more anonymous non-livery at the start of 2019, according to Lufthansa policy of clearly saving money removing every "colour" except the airline name and a tail logo (they removed even the different shade of green on the tail fin!).

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 05-06-2019 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:05 PM   #1045
The Dark Side

Quote:

Maybe the new Herpa Lufthansa model in 1:500...

Lufthansa added a political advertising on this A320 D-AIZG about the European elections of next May 26th

Just to confirm the photo is not a fake...
This is a Lufthansa campaign especially focused on all German people no more voting for something they don't believe in.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2019, 03:14 PM   #1046
The Dark Side

FlyBosnia performed the inaugural flight on May 2nd, Sarajevo - Kuwait City with an A319.
Second flight on May 2nd and the airline will start scheduled service June 4th.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...1dUHDmNAIwo1f7

Qatar Airways on April 30th performed the last ever commercial flight of the A340-600, Bangkok - Doha (flight QR835).

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #1047
The Dark Side

Last days i read about two missed tragedies:

1) in the first days of February 2019, a JAL B787 (JA870J) flight JL740 coming from Dehli International Airport skidded off the icy runway at Tokyo "Narita" during landing (200 passengers on board), no serious injuries.
https://youtu.be/eZRuKj-WRjg

2) Air India A320neo VT-EXL, 136 on board, arriving at Male' International Airport landing on the under construction runway: tyres were deflated and the aircraft was towed away to the parking bay.
No injuries even for this accident.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #1048
The Dark Side

Virgin Atlantic will start South America routes in 2020: the first route will be London "Heathrow" - Sao Paulo "Guarulhos" operated by the B787-9.

The Austrian Airlines A320 OE-LBO, painted in a special retro livery, is a tribute to the first A310 delivered to the Austrian airline in 1983 and used for Vienna - New York and Vienna - Tokyo routes.

Spirit Airlines painted the A321WL N662NK in a special livery dedicated to Disney's "Dumbo" movie.
"Dumbo jet" is the nice name of the airplane.

Mongolian airline Genghis Khan Airlines has received the first COMAC ARJ21

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #1049
The Dark Side

A dedicated post for the retirement of yet another Queen of the Sky:
Lion Air ended B747-400 operations with the phasing out of PH-LHG.
Long haul fleet will be composed by A330-900neo's.

Charter airlines lover

Old 05-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #1050
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobbyWingslover is a legend of the hobby

Quote:

Qatar Airways on April 30th performed the last ever commercial flight of the A340-
LH still has A346's in operation...

Quote:
A dedicated post for the retirement of yet another Queen of the Sky:
Lion Air ended B747-400 operations with the phasing out of PH-LHG.
Long haul fleet will be composed by A330-900neo's.
[/IMG]
AFAIK their 744 was only used for Hajj flights.

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: