News of civil aviation world. - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #46
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Robin Hood Doncaster/Sheffield News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
Flybe commenced operations at DSA today with the first flights departing to Paris CDG, Newquay, Amsterdam and Faro. The based aircraft are G-FBEJ (which has received the new purple livery and bicycle decals to mark the Tour de Yorkshire 2016) and G-FBEF (still in the old white livery).

The event tied in with Flybe announcing Dusseldorf is to be added to the route network from October 31st, while Berlin goes from 4x weekly to daily for the winter season.
E-195? I wonder when FlyBe will start to think to bigger airplanes for its routes...

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #47
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
E-195? I wonder when FlyBe will start to think to bigger airplanes for its routes...
E195's Charter, yes. They may have to look at something bigger; apparently demand for seats is greater than they expected. There would be a risk though for Flybe looking at A320 or B737 family aircraft I think.
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #48
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

G-FBEJ is sporting a new version of the Flybe purple livery with 'Welcome to Yorkshire' logos and bicycle motifs to promote the upcoming 'Tour de Yorkshire' for which Doncaster/Sheffield has been named the official airport ahead of Leeds Bradford.

At Berlin TXL on 28th March arrival from DSA.

...and at Schipol arriving from DSA on 24th March.

Last edited by bskc8th; 03-28-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #49
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Like that,like that a lot....

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #50
Captain

G-FBEF has now rotated out of DSA and been swapped with G-FBEH (old colours) that was previously flying from Norwich.
Old 03-30-2016, 05:00 AM   #51
Captain

***Geneva Route Announcement***

Even more excellent news from Flybe today as the airline announced the addition of services to Geneva commencing in November 2016. Flights to Geneva are already available as an Air France codeshare via Paris CDG (with the CDG-GVA leg operated by HOP!) but this direct link will shave potentially hours off the travel time.

It is unknown as yet what the frequency and timing of this service will be.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM   #52
Captain

***Correction to Geneva route announcement dated 30.3.16***

Further to the Geneva route announcement, the new winter destination is in fact Chambery, not Geneva. Geneva flights are still available via Paris year-round on an Air France/Flybe codeshare.

The Dusseldorf service announced earlier this week will operate 4x weekly, with Berlin increasing to daily. Faro and Newquay will be dropped from the winter timetable to make way for the 2 new destinations.
Old 05-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #53
Captain

It's been a while since any news update on this DSA thread, but that doesn't mean there is nothing to share!

Flybe are currently pushing their Paris flights ahead of Euro 2016 and yields on the route have apparently been impressive thus far, as has Berlin and Amsterdam. Jersey also seems to be doing very well.

Wizz are continuing to show active interest in Doncaster and recently added Sofia to their route network, commencing flights 23rd December 2016. On top of this Thomson will be flying to Dubrovnik from May 2017.

Amazon are continuing their trial period of air freight from DSA, with an ASL Airlines France B737-400F rotating between Kassel, Wroclaw and Doncaster each day with the exception of Sunday. The three airports are all close to major Amazon distribution centres.

DAT ATR-72-200 OY-RUG has visited twice in recent days on the Aer Lingus shuttle to Dublin.

Western Global Airlines ex-Finnair MD11 N513SN visited on the 15th May, as did Eastern Airlines EMB145 G-CHMR.

On the 16th West Atlantic B737-400F G-JMCZ visited, still wearing the colours of former owners MNG Airlines and Solinair.

More cargo action followed with a brace of Antonovs on the 18th; An26 LZ-FLA of Bright Flight was joined by Antonov Design Bureau AN124 UR-82072, though the latter met with mishap when he joined taxiway Alpha instead of backtracking down the runway to the apron. The mini crisis was soon rectified.

G-OSRA, one of the two T2 Aviation B727's has been training over the area today, as has Easyjet A319 G-EZAZ. EZY A319's are almost everyday visitors and arrive from Gatwick early morning to commence touch-and-go training. Jet2.com have also sent a 737 and two 757's to train in the last month.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #54
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Going to be starting my PPL there soon, you'll have to keep tabs on the C172 going ham.
Old 05-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #55
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Some news just in...

Electric Canberra to be returned to flight. Read more here: https://mxm.mxmfb.com/rsps/m/3dm1dwe...1hkxbGCKYQ2GEc

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #56
Captain

Some more interesting visitors in the past few days:

23/5/16 - UR-CEZ An12BP Cavok Air & N408MC B747-400F Atlas Air
24/5/16 - OK-TVM Travel Service B737-800 operating for Thomson
Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 PM   #57
Captain

28/5/16 - JY-JIC Jordanian IL-76MF
1/6/16 - TC-MCG MNG Cargo Airlines A300-600F - departed to Tripoli

The airport also has a new GA business called Hummingbird Helis who will be operating from one of the ex-RAF hangars using a Robinson R22 to train 'copter pilots.

A new airside bus has also been delivered, a Wright-Fusion bodied Volvo B7L 'bendibus' from PeoplesBus.com in Liverpool. It started life with Dublin Bus in Ireland in the early 00's.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #58
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobbyMYT DC-10 is a legend of the hobby

Any way of finding out when the AN-225 is there next? I haven't seen it for a few years and wouldn't mind trying to catch it again.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #59
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

With the new bus addition, I assume we may have extra flights positioned near the hangars sometime in the future?

With regards to the AN-225, it all depends on the cargo. AN-124s haven't made an appearance in a while, but I am sure we will see it again sometime... it's just knowing when.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 06:30 AM   #60
Captain

Agreed chaps. MYT, the FODSA website is usually the best for finding out when the AN-225 is due (FODSA.co.uk).

I wondered when I saw the picture of the bus why they would feel the need to spend out on it. After all, that Merc single-decker they have at the moment has never been used as far as I'm aware so why the need to spend out on a pretty flash 'new' bus with increased seating capacity?

I hope that there is something in the pipeline that means they need the capacity (EZY return?)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: