News of civil aviation world. - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 PM   #16
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Re: Robin Hood Doncaster/Sheffield News Thread

Yes, and not forget Sheffield, a beautiful city where many Italians study in its universities. I know that many flights for Manchester with Jet2.com from Rome FCO are full of students for Sheffield.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2015, 04:26 AM   #17
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Yes, and not forget Sheffield, a beautiful city where many Italians study in its universities. I know that many flights for Manchester with Jet2.com from Rome FCO are full of students for Sheffield.
That's interesting Charter, I never knew that! DSA's problem has always been attracting foreign pax (aside from the large eastern European market served by Wizz). Resting Jet2 away from Leeds-Bradford would be a huge challenge though. A shame; my father worked in the RAF and was based at Finningley until 1996 with one of the chaps who went on to found Jet2. If he'd taken the job offered him back in 2003 when Jet2 started up perhaps he could have influenced them to create a base at DSA! Ah well...hindsight and all that...
bskc8th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 06:08 AM   #18
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

I think that just Jet2.com or Monarch could start flights to Robin Hood Airport from Rome FCO, if an when the ask for tourism, job and university will arrive at a good level.
Positive rep. well deserved and added for this thread. I would like to see more threads like this about airports around the world.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2015, 05:13 AM   #19
Captain

bskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobbybskc8th is a legend of the hobby

***OFFICIAL FLYBE ROUTE ANNOUNCEMENT***

Slight differences from original forecast routes, Aberdeen and Dusseldorf are not on the flight list, instead Newquay features.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #20
Captain

So with the Flybe announcement official and having done some digging on the airport and Flybe websites, this is the provisional (very provisional) Flybe timetable for Summer 2016.

MONDAY
DEPARTURES

07:05 Paris CDG
07:30 Berlin Tegel
11:30 Amsterdam
12:55 Jersey
15:20 Malaga
16:35 Paris CDG

ARRIVALS

11:00 Paris CDG
13:05 Berlin Tegel
15:55 Jersey
16:35 Amsterdam
21:05 Paris CDG
22:05 Malaga

TUESDAY
DEPARTURES

08:10 Newquay
15:30 Alicante

ARRIVALS

11:00 Newquay
21:55 Alicante

WEDNESDAY
DEPARTURES

ARRIVALS

THURSDAY
DEPARTURES

15:20 Faro

ARRIVALS

23:15 Faro

FRIDAY
DEPARTURES

ARRIVALS

SATURDAY
DEPARTURES

16:30 Faro

ARRIVALS

23:15 Faro

SUNDAY
DEPARTURES

08:30 Berlin Tegel
13:40 Jersey
13:35 Amsterdam
17:10 Paris CDG

ARRIVALS

16:20 Amsterdam

This gives us a frequency of services at:

13x weekly to Paris CDG (BE4401 & BE4409)
7x weekly to Amsterdam (BE4413)
7x weekly to Jersey (BE4433)
4x weekly to Berlin Tegel (BE4421)
3x weekly to Newquay (BE4441)
3x weekly to Alicante (BE????)
3x weekly to Malaga (BE????)
2x weekly to Faro (BE4447)

Last edited by bskc8th; 11-10-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #21
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

I see they are recruiting now on Robin Hood Airport website. I hope we don't recruit too many though. The more hours the better in my opinion (for me at least). Schedules are looking good. Nightshifts should be a bit more interesting if they have more of us on.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:56 AM   #22
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

I have no idea how on earth Doncaster-Newquay will work at 3 weekly with a E195. I can't see it lasting long.
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #23
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
I have no idea how on earth Doncaster-Newquay will work at 3 weekly with a E195. I can't see it lasting long.
It struck me as an odd one too. I would have thought a daily Q400 might work, but 3x weekly with a E195 seems hit and miss. Still, it is Yorkshire's only direct service to Cornwall which might help. For flights to Newquay our current choice is Newcastle or Manchester, which isn't really any choice at all.

Similarly Berlin from DSA is Yorkshire's only service to the German capital.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #24
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
It struck me as an odd one too. I would have thought a daily Q400 might work, but 3x weekly with a E195 seems hit and miss. Still, it is Yorkshire's only direct service to Cornwall which might help. For flights to Newquay our current choice is Newcastle or Manchester, which isn't really any choice at all.

Similarly Berlin from DSA is Yorkshire's only service to the German capital.
May as well drive to cornwall with that sort of distance to the nearet airport .
I wish flybe would expand its services at Newcastle, a flight to TXL would be very welcome.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #25
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
May as well drive to cornwall with that sort of distance to the nearet airport .
I wish flybe would expand its services at Newcastle, a flight to TXL would be very welcome.
Exactly Kestrel, NCL is perfect for the 'real' North East but for us Yorkies it means a lengthy detour round the North York Moors and by that time you could have been 2 hours closer to Newquay anyway haha!

As far as I can tell, DSA and BHX are the only Flybe bases that currently have direct service to Berlin.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:06 AM   #26
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskc8th View Post
Exactly Kestrel, NCL is perfect for the 'real' North East but for us Yorkies it means a lengthy detour round the North York Moors and by that time you could have been 2 hours closer to Newquay anyway haha!

As far as I can tell, DSA and BHX are the only Flybe bases that currently have direct service to Berlin.
You are correct, BHX and DSA are the only ones. At NCL we have a Eurowings flight to Dusseldorf with the A320 and CRJ-900 but to get to Berlin you may aswell just fly to the more convenient Amsterdam to connect to Berlin.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #27
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
You are correct, BHX and DSA are the only ones. At NCL we have a Eurowings flight to Dusseldorf with the A320 and CRJ-900 but to get to Berlin you may aswell just fly to the more convenient Amsterdam to connect to Berlin.
I've been looking at 'likely lads' for DSA judging from trends at other UK airports. I can see Blue Air making a move with perhaps Bacau or Iasi. Air Malta is also a possibility with a seasonal Luqa flight.

Being a bit more far-fetched now; we have no Ryanair or Easyjet presence at DSA. How about Norwegian getting in here first?
Old 12-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #28
Captain

***Flybe Latest News***

Flybe have added additional destinations to their website as choices from Doncaster/Sheffield:

Geneva
Lyon
Munich
Nuremberg
Zurich

These are not direct destinations, but codeshare flights with Air France/HOP that will allow passengers to transfer from the morning Paris CDG flight onto outgoing flights to these German, French and Swiss destinations.

Additionally, facilities at the airport have received a much-needed addition in the form of a Subway restaurant landside in the main check-in area.

Interesting visitors recently included:

F-GIXB B737-300F Europe Airpost - 28th Nov
ER-BAM B747-400F Aerotrans - 26th Nov
SP-ENX B737-800/W Enter Air 26th Nov & 1st Dec
HA-TAG Saab 340F Fleet Air Intl 19th Nov
HA-TAD Saab 340F Fleet Air Intl 5th Nov
RA-76950 IL-76TD Volga Dnepr 9th Nov

***PROVISIONAL SUMMER 2016 DESTINATIONS***

Aer Lingus - New York JFK, Chicago, Boston, Toronto - through tickets via Dublin
Aer Lingus Regional - Dublin
BH Air - Burgas
Flybe - Alicante, Amsterdam, Berlin, Faro, Jersey, Malaga, Newquay, Paris, Geneva, Zurich, Nuremberg, Munich, Lyon - through tickets via Paris
Thomas Cook Airlines - Dalaman, Enfidha, Palma de Mallorca
Thomson Airways - Alicante, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Malaga, Paphos, Sharm-el-Sheikh (suspended), Tenerife-South, Antalya, Bourgas, Corfu, Dalaman, Enfidha, Faro, Heraklion, Ibiza, Kos, Larnaca, Mahon, Palma de Mallorca, Reus, Rhodes, Turin, Zakynthos
Wizz Air - Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Gdansk, Katowice, Kosice, Lublin, Poznan, Riga, Vilnius, Warsaw-Chopin, Wroclaw

Last edited by bskc8th; 12-02-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 AM   #29
ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

I believe these are the official timetables for DSA Summer 2016.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #30
Captain

My my, that's looking healthy!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: