News of civil aviation world. - Page 139 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:08 AM   #2071
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: News of civil aviation world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
Malta Air is actually a joint venture between the Government of Malta and Ryanair. So it seems their Gov want to join in tooÖ

Ryanair getting paid for passengers is no worse that the European state carriers all getting bailouts from their Governments. Look at Alitalia. 60 years and only one year of profit. Itís completely anti-competitive that it has survived so long with help from the Italian state.
You are not seeing the point I make. Ryanair is taking all the "cost savings" on the back of their employees and the airports, which are dependant on them. That is the point.

I have no problem that my government bails out Lufthansa, not at all.

Alitalia is a completely different topic. And you simply cant compare a Ryanair to those carriers. This is completely apples and pears..
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #2072
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandborgAirport View Post
In the EU at least we are protected regardless of who you fly with. Itís not true that full service airlines will look after you. Iíve had cancellations and delays with BA and SAS and both did nothing. They told me to book my own hotel and claim the money back. In fact when SAS cancelled my flight, the refused to rebook me saying that it was special circumstances and then they took six months to refund the money last year (I only got it back after contacting Amex and putting a charge back in place). That was how they treated a gold card holder.

Ryanair on the other hand Iíve never had a delay or cancelation and Iíve flown with them probably 40 times in past 5 years.

The only airline which has ever impressed me with delays and cancellations is Swiss. They cancelled my ZRH-LCY flight and transfer me without delay to a ZRH-GVA-LHR service and gave me £70 to pay for taxi from LHR to my house. I was super impressed and it left a lasting impression that means I would usually chose Swiss if I have the choice.
The same like you say it is not true, I could say it's true...I guess everyone has it's experiences, even with your favourite airline. But then again, I also had many moments where my Senator saved my butt and it was surely better being onboard LH than on board Ryanair.

At least with my ticket prices I have the impression I at least dont pay a "rip off employees" company.
Old 08-02-2021, 09:13 AM   #2073
Senior Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalista View Post
Starting from the fact that you are right, and as an Italian I can't wait for you to close this leech ...
it must be said that since 2002 it has become a slot machine with no future. (except the one he is traveling in now ... with constant help)

It is rumored that Ryanair is interested in buying the old Alitalia division ... and taking the code ... if it succeeds, from next year the code AZ and the name ALITALIA could belong to FR.
Italy had it in it's own hands. I am pretty sure that, if Italy would have sold Alitalia to Lufthansa, it would have been successful again. But if employees are against it, you are having no base at all to carry on your efforts.

Old 08-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #2074
Puddle Jumper

tropicalista is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Italy had it in it's own hands. I am pretty sure that, if Italy would have sold Alitalia to Lufthansa, it would have been successful again. But if employees are against it, you are having no base at all to carry on your efforts.
The truth is that with Alitalia we have always looked for the motive on which to point the finger... First it was Malpensa, then the employees, then the unions, then a strategic company... the truth I think there are interests in keeping it invites that no one knows. But now after 20 years, the people are getting tired too. and start asking for its closure! How will it end? Bho! Personally I hope it closes, like all private companies that if they have no business... they close/fail.
tropicalista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #2075
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

jetBlue A321LR inaugural flight JFK - LHR

New York JFK
https://youtu.be/KA8C-IZQUsk

Londra LHR
https://youtu.be/SFcgrtKhCPs

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!

Last edited by Charter; 08-12-2021 at 02:57 PM.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:44 PM   #2076
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

The review in Economy looked great, especially the food!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/onboar...don-inaugural/

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:17 AM   #2077
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

First B787-9 for Norse Atlantic Airways (LN-LNO) spotted at Shannon

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines, CSA...R.I.P.
Old 08-16-2021, 12:21 PM   #2078
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Looks really good IMHO!

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 02:03 PM   #2079
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

Nothing groundbreaking, but looks decent

I would prefer if they used the full "Norse Atlantic" name instead of just "Norse".
Old 08-16-2021, 02:08 PM   #2080
The Dark Side

A new special livery for Emirates for the UAE 50 years

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 08-16-2021 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:27 PM   #2081
The Dark Side

Envoy Air E170 "American Eagle Heritage livery"

JAL A350-900 "Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games livery"

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 08-23-2021 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2021, 02:32 PM   #2082
The Dark Side

Lufthansa Cargo says "goodbye" to the MD-11F: the last one, D-ALCC, will soon leave the fleet, composed by 9 B777F so far.
Since 1998 Lufthansa Cargo used 19 MF-11Fs.

Lufthansa Cargo made this announcement on social media:
"Within the next months, we will say goodbye to the MD-11F in our Lufthansa Cargo fleet. Over the years a total of 19 different powerful workhorses have flown for us".

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-24-2021, 07:24 AM   #2083
The Dark Side

Two beautiful liveries:

Samoa Airways B737-9 (the airline deleted the order and the model will go to Alaska Airlines)

the second Buzz B737-8 MAX

Charter airlines lover

Old 08-30-2021, 04:31 PM   #2084
Senior Captain

Never thought I would write this, as I am not a big fan of the 777.
This time, sad to see them go, especially the all blacks.

https://www.airlinerwatch.com/2021/0...ts-boeing.html
Old 08-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #2085
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Jet2 have ordered 36 A321 NEO's.

https://www.airbus.com/newsroom/pres...-customer.html
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: