News of civil aviation world. - Page 131 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #1951
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMuse747 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Icelandair Is planning to replace its B757s fleet with the A321LR
https://simpleflying.com/icelandair-...7-replacement/
Great job, Boeing! Basically all major 757 operators going for the A321. Great damn job!
In fact i really don't understand how It Is possible for an important manufacturer like Boeing, not to plan a replacement for an important and iconic airplane like the B757!
Icelandair has also six B737 MAX8 but with a different range:
B757-200 7.200 km
A321LR 7.500
B737 MAX8 6.500 km
The A321LR is the natural replacement.

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 09:24 PM   #1952
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby
Re: News of civil aviation world.

Indeed, very boring name and livery...
Old 01-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #1953
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby
Yesterday has been a sad day for all airplanes enthusiasts: Volotea performed the last B717 flight. The farewell has seen several airports in Italy.
https://simpleflying.com/volotea-boe...-last-flights/

Charter airlines lover

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany, Niki-Laudamotion, JetTime, Montenegro Airlines...R.I.P.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:53 PM   #1954
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Nice to see, but it will not turn back the clock unfortunately...

https://www.airlinerwatch.com/2021/0...rlinerwatch%29
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:24 PM   #1955
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

I'm surprised large 747-400 operators like Kalitta and China Airlines haven't placed any orders whatsoever..

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 05:46 PM   #1956
Selfie with bros

LeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobbyLeoMuse747 is a legend of the hobby

All good things come to an end. Great to see Atlas Air still sticking to the Jumbo at the end!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
I'm surprised large 747-400 operators like Kalitta and China Airlines haven't placed any orders whatsoever..
I was expecting EVA Air Cargo and China Airlines Cargo to take some, too bad they opte for the Boeing 777F.
Old 01-14-2021, 11:21 AM   #1957
The Dark Side

Austrian Airlines will retire the first B767W in March 2021
https://simpleflying.com/austrian-ai...irement-march/

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-21-2021, 02:25 PM   #1958
The Dark Side

Dalla Nigeria, Green Africa Airways inizierÓ i primi voli entro Aprile 2021 con aerei in leasing; cancellato il precedente ordine di 50 B737 MAX8, ha firmato un MOU per 50 A220-300 che verrano consegnati a fine 2021.

Green Africa Airways is getting ready to start operations

Green Africa Airways (Lagos) now intends to launch operations in the first quarter of 2021. As previously reported, the upstart signed a memorandum of understanding with Airbus for 50 Airbus A220-3…
worldairlinenews.com

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #1959
The Dark Side

REX-Regional Express took delivery of two B737-800WL

https://worldairlinenews.com/2021/01...rt-on-march-1/

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-31-2021, 09:54 AM   #1960
The Dark Side

Air Transat announced to suspend all flights from last Friday until April 2021.
The only activity is for Canadian citizens repatriation using the 7 A321 in operation.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...ions-1.5894213

Charter airlines lover

Old 01-31-2021, 05:56 PM   #1961
Senior Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Lufthansa is doing their longest flight in history tonight.
Hamburg to Mount Pleasant, Falklands. 13.500 klms nonstop with an A350.
They exchange crews for a german antarctic research vessel. You can follow it on FR24.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 01:03 PM   #1962
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Lufthansa is doing their longest flight in history tonight.
Hamburg to Mount Pleasant, Falklands. 13.500 klms nonstop with an A350.
They exchange crews for a german antarctic research vessel. You can follow it on FR24.
Beautiful news and, i imagine, a great flight for the pilots and crew.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-01-2021, 01:14 PM   #1963
The Dark Side

Wonderful initiative of Qatar Airways Cargo

Qatar Airways commits to fly wild animals back to where they belong, at no cost

https://youtu.be/nMO0S-d9cqc

The world’s leading cargo carrier commits to fly wild animals back to where they belong, at no cost. Chapter 2 is part of WeQare, the carrier’s sustainability program.
Qatar Airways Cargo announces Chapter 2 of its sustainability program WeQare: Rewild the Planet. The cargo carrier is committed to preserving wildlife and endangered animals and has pledged to transport these animals back to their natural habitat free of charge.
Guillaume Halleux, Qatar Airways Chief Officer Cargo said, “We are concerned about the legacy we leave for the future generation. As the world’s leading cargo carrier, we strongly believe in giving back to the community and protecting our environment. We all know that animals have an important role to play in preserving ecological balance which in turn ensures existence and stability of the environment. Through Chapter 2 – Rewild the Planet, we want to encourage this preservation and that is why we are offering free transport to bring wild animals back to where they belong.”
The airline has released a series of striking advertisements and a special video to commemorate the announcement and importance of Chapter 2. Through them, Qatar Airways Cargo aims to raise awareness of such issues among its customers and air cargo stakeholders.
All the chapters of WeQare are based on the core pillars of sustainability – environment, society, economy and culture and the program has the backing and support of the employees of Qatar Airways Cargo.
The cargo carrier believes that such positive actions will have a ripple effect and inspire people to put sustainability on top of their agenda. Qatar Airways Cargo will launch more chapters in the coming months, all of which are directly linked to the everyday activities of the carrier. Through such innovative programs, Qatar Airways Cargo is leading the way for a more sustainable and socially responsible air cargo industry and playing an active role in building tomorrow’s world.
As an inaugural signatory to the Buckingham Palace Declaration in March 2016 and a founding member of the United for Wildlife Transport Taskforce, Qatar Airways has a zero tolerance policy towards the illegal trade of endangered wildlife. The cargo carrier’s initiative to bringing wildlife back to their natural habitat is consistent with the airline’s commitment to fight wildlife trafficking and illegal trade of wild animals.

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-06-2021, 11:33 AM   #1964
The Dark Side

Sad, sad news: Air Canada Rouge suspends all operations indefinitely.
https://www.cp24.com/news/air-canada...yees-1.5295768

Charter airlines lover

Old 02-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #1965
The Dark Side

LAN Argentina ceased all operations after 15 years (the airline wasn't flying since June 2020).

https://simpleflying.com/lan-argenti...es-operations/

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: