News of civil aviation world. - Page 104 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > 1:1 Civil Aviation

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-14-2020, 11:36 AM   #1546
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby
Re: News of civil aviation world.

Going back to the real topic of the thread...anyone heard that KLM is retiring ALL their Boeing 747's definetely end of March 2020 for ever.

Retirement pushed Forward by a year due to Corona. Sad News.
Speedbird 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2020, 11:39 AM   #1547
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
Going back to the real topic of the thread...anyone heard that KLM is retiring ALL their Boeing 747's definetely end of March 2020 for ever.

Retirement pushed Forward by a year due to Corona. Sad News.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true, and to see other airlines follow suit.
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:45 AM   #1548
Captain

Speedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobbySpeedbird 001 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if it was true, and to see other airlines follow suit.
It obviously seems to have been confirmed by KLM and the affected Crews are to be informed.

Old 03-14-2020, 11:52 AM   #1549
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 001 View Post
It obviously seems to have been confirmed by KLM and the affected Crews are to be informed.
Not a good day but it seem this virus is giving airline the opportunity to scrap the old gas guzzling jets.

It wouldn't surprise me to see BA and Lufthansa announce similar plans in the not too distant future.
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:59 AM   #1550
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
Not a good day but it seem this virus is giving airline the opportunity to scrap the old gas guzzling jets.

It wouldn't surprise me to see BA and Lufthansa announce similar plans in the not too distant future.
Yes, very likely. With the Travel Ban for europeans hitting the most profitable routes for BA, I cant imagine they will Keep flying as normal.

Lufthansa and Group has already announced 50% cut in flights.

Crap….I have Shares from Lufthansa and Carnival Cruise Lines....all in all my pot of Shares went down by 75% in total value
Old 03-14-2020, 01:56 PM   #1551
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Which are the B747-400 operators so far? Wamos Air and...?

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #1552
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Which are the B747-400 operators so far? Wamos Air and...?
Qantas, British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Virgin, Iraqi, Wamos….think Korean and Asiana also still flying one or the other. Then we have These 1 or 2 Air India ones which are sometimes used for Hadj or other flights. Dont know if they are still airworthy though.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:49 AM   #1553
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I have a feeling that Hong Kong Airlines will not survive and may soon be part of history...it was already close to bankrupt before the COVID-19 and now they're grounding almost all of its flights! Not a great fan of this airline but still sad to see it going...
Old 03-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #1554
RJ First Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar

Let's count on what aircraft types this COVID-19 has brought away...
KLM B747-400, American Airlines B767-300 and B757-200, Virgin Atlantic A340-600 (which already had its last flight on 7 Mar), Singapore Airlines B777-200ER...any more to come?
Old 03-17-2020, 08:12 AM   #1555
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

Presumably BA and Iberia will accelerate the retirement of respectively 747-400s and A340-600s

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #1556
The Dark Side

Charter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobbyCharter is a legend of the hobby

Beautiful!

Charter airlines lover
I desperately want...all charter airlines still missing!

Primera, Monarch, airberlin, XL Airways France, Germania, Small Planet, WOW, Aigle Azur, Sterling, Thomas Cook, Adria, Air Italy/Meridiana, Level, FlyBe, SunExpress Germany...R.I.P.
The sky is not the same without you!
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #1557
Admin

DutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobbyDutchCollector is a legend of the hobby

That looks sweet indeed

My Amsterdam Schiphol in 1:500: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-air...l-airport.html
DutchCollector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:39 PM   #1558
Captain

This is how I wanted Condor to look like when they implemented the new sunny heart livery. Sunny Heart didnt give me anything, but I liked the Colours as such and thought it was a big mistake to dithc the Bird. You know, us Germans dont like fundamental changes and I think many People thought same. Why ditch something, what was so well established in the german leisure market.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #1559
Wings of Wool

sheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributorsheepxs is a good contributor

With all the talking about the virus....did anyone get this?

Air Tahiti Nui performs record flight in wake of Corona crisis

On Monday morning (16 March) at 05:59, a special flight landed at the Aéroport de Paris-Charles-de-Gaulle. A Boeing 787-9 from Air Tahiti Nui arrived from Papeete, Tahiti. This in itself is not unusual. But it was a non-stop flight.

15,715 kilometers without a stop

https://www.aerotelegraph.com/en/air...-corona-crisis
Old 03-27-2020, 03:46 PM   #1560
Captain

Next bad news.....Air Transat is advancing kicking their A310s and Delta their MD88s
Too bad, had planned taking the A310 still, but travel bans make it impossible.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: