Updating/Adding new models.. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > Wings900.com Sites Issues and Help section.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
RJ Captain

john.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radar
Updating/Adding new models..

Does anyone actually act on requests for adding new models, I have requested 3 over the last 12 months including all the details and photographs but still missing from the database !!
john.r.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
Puddle Jumper

AeroPro is flying under the radar
Re: Updating/Adding new models..

No this system is broken and after 3+ years of broken promises to fix stuff the admins here have done nothing. You're better off going over to DiMA and using that database. Its far superior and up to date: Diecast Model Aircraft (DiMA)
AeroPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
RJ Captain

john.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radarjohn.r.smith is flying under the radar

Thanks, I had a feeling it was not updating, DiMA is ok but I find slow and not as easy to navigate as wings900, but as its not working this also is not easy to navigate... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroPro View Post
No this system is broken and after 3+ years of broken promises to fix stuff the admins here have done nothing. You're better off going over to DiMA and using that database. Its far superior and up to date: Diecast Model Aircraft (DiMA)
john.r.smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #4
RJ Second Officer

vs-Admin is flying under the radarvs-Admin is flying under the radar

I'm looking for the old ticket for this, and I'm not finding one. Do you remember where it was originally reported?

Sorry if we dropped the ball on fixing this. Not our intention. I'm doing some digging at the moment.

In case we can't find the old info on this, I'll start again fresh. Maybe new eyes will help.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the Database, and I can't find a obvious place for me to approve new models. When you complete your entry, what happens? Does the site give you any message?

Kevin
vs-Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #5
Herpa Wings 1:500

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

I have requested a model yesterday and nothing happened. I guess those people just quit the forum and possible changed email and so are impossible to contact, even more impossible to know what happened about the models.
Edoardo94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #6
RJ Second Officer

Ya, this feels like fumbling for the door in the dark. Can you send me the link to your collection?

Kevin
Old 02-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #7
Puddle Jumper

AeroPro is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs-Admin View Post
I'm looking for the old ticket for this, and I'm not finding one. Do you remember where it was originally reported?

Sorry if we dropped the ball on fixing this. Not our intention. I'm doing some digging at the moment.

In case we can't find the old info on this, I'll start again fresh. Maybe new eyes will help.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the Database, and I can't find a obvious place for me to approve new models. When you complete your entry, what happens? Does the site give you any message?

Kevin
Where this was originally reported? try going through all the complaints on this site and DAC. Your database is nearly 3 years out of date now, your admin can't add models, apparently its being spammed. Its quite clear you guys don't have your act together.

years ago this site was such a valuable resources, its a far cry of what it used to be...
AeroPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
RJ Second Officer

I've cleared up 4/299 pages of spam in the database management. I just need someone to look over the models and approve them.

Lee

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: