Newcastle Airport Spotting - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Aviation Terminal > Spotting

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 05:31 PM   #46
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby
Re: Newcastle Airport Spotting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGliderPilot View Post
Just looked at the photos from Brooklands again, I don't have to imagine the noise of the BAC1-11 engines on take off, I experienced it! Using the rear stairs on those aircraft with the APU going was a thrill when I was a lad. I have also flown on a Viscount (British Air Ferries), VC10 (Royal Air Force) and Concorde (BA) but only on a sub-sonic flight from Heathrow to Glasgow. So sad to see these types rotting in museums.
Oh my wow! I am incredibly jelous, I look at videos and pics of the 70s, 80s and 90s aviation and I need to stop as it is making me feel down as all that seems to be buzzing about is A32x and 737, we dont even have any 757 operators at NCL anymore to my dispair. Altough we are getting a 5 times weekly summer seasonal 757 flight to Newark operated by United! The oldest think ive flown on is probablys a BHair Tu-154 in 2004. At sunderland aircraft mueseum we have the only intact Trident 1c and are working on ataching its wings back on, repainting it and fitting a realistic interior and cockpit.
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #47
757 Bloke

Kestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobbyKestrel is a legend of the hobby

A few weeks back I took one more return trip from NCL-LGW on Easyjet Prior to its ending.

I arrived at the airport at 18:40.

After passing through the speedy security I moved to the windows to do some spotting< please Excuse the horrendous photos, as it was pitch black.

SAS Crj-200 to Copenhagen. Unfortunately I missed the Wideroe that departed moments before I reached the window.

Jet2 'Holidays' 737-800 arrving from Gran Canaria

Jet2 737-800 arrving from Lanzarote

Thomson 737-800 from Lanzarote also

Eastern Saab 2000 from Stavanger

The Saab now pushes back to Aberdeen

Old 03-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #48
757 Bloke

Bmi Regional Erj-145 from Brussels

How Gorgeous is this aircraft!

Germanwings Advert

The reason our flight was delayed by one hour was Easyjet wanted the ams aircraft to be based at lgw the next day so they parked the lgw aircraft that had arrived ten mins early and delayed the flight by one hour while the ams aircraft arrived and cleaned. I was cross.

Full flight

Hello old friend! I flew this TCX A321SL to SSH in november

Arriving from Belfast

Legroom was ok (im 5.8ft)

Short and stubby A319

Big door!

Old 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #49
757 Bloke

Passing LHR now

Brighton or something

On the ground now, I wanted to walk across the bridge but for some reason we had to get busses to the main termial

One of my all time fav airframes Thomas Cook 757-300

The Easyjet A320 parked next to us

Old 03-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #50
757 Bloke

In central London now.
For the Forrest Gump fans (like myself )

Believe it or not, thats an ANA 777-300

Do I need to explain what this is

Old 03-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #51
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Great selection of photo's. I haven't seen a bmi regional for some time now. Always think of bmi baby and of course bmi British Midland.

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:35 PM   #52
757 Bloke

5 days passed too fast

I hate rain ruining my pics, but incase yous really cant see there is a Virgin 747-400, Monarch A330-200, British Airways 777-200, Monarch A321 and Thomson 757-200

On board now and behold the biggest behemoth of them all! I apolagise for rain.

BA A319

Easyjet A320 (BA 737-400 under the bridge to the right, I enjoyed my last encounter with them )

Turkish Airways 737-800 to Istanbul

My Hometown of Sunderland

Newcastle

I dont have any pics of NCL after arriving as there wasnt actauly anything to photograph
Old 03-04-2015, 04:12 PM   #53
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
Great selection of photo's. I haven't seen a bmi regional for some time now. Always think of bmi baby and of course bmi British Midland.
Thank you Adam, normally bmi regional use an all white aircraft so this one was the first I have seen in ages. It is most definitely a shame that the latter two airlines you mentioned have closed.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #54
VC-10 Fan

Harry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast iconHarry_Bird is a diecast icon

Great pictures, I dident know EK A380 served Gatwick?
Harry_Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:38 PM   #55
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry_Bird View Post
Great pictures, I dident know EK A380 served Gatwick?
Yeah since 2013 I think.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:50 PM   #56
757 Bloke

Today I was working at Newcastle airport and got some pics.

Klm E-190 to Amsterdam schipol

Hawker 4000

Lynx and Flybe Q400

Another Lynx

Cessna Navajo

Belive it or not thats an Easyjet A319 behind those trees

BAW A320 to Heathrow

Old 03-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #57
757 Bloke

I had some time to do some spotting today too!

Thomson 787 to Montego Bay I will upload the video of its take off on Youtube

Ryanair 738 special livery (the iphone camera isnt the best and the dust on the window didnt help)

Another Ba A320 arrives

To my suprise a C-130 did a flyby

Emirates 777-300ER arrives from Dubai

Back to Dubai

Easyjet A320 arrives from Faro

Flybe Q400

Old 03-24-2015, 03:14 PM   #58
757 Bloke

Again to my suprise an E-3 Sentry did 2 flyby! (videos will be uploaded to yt)

Nasty weather cell apoaching

Cityjet Avro from Paris CDG

I will hopefuly get more pics tommorow
Old 03-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #59
Master ATP Captain

ThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobbyThomsonAirways737 is a legend of the hobby

Great shots mate. I love the night flight photo's. The lights are stunning!

'He ain't heavy, he's my brother'
ThomsonAirways737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:22 PM   #60
757 Bloke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomsonAirways737 View Post
Great shots mate. I love the night flight photo's. The lights are stunning!
Thank you Adam, as much as it is prety its so boring!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: