Boeing BWB (1/144) Report - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Kits

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
Puddle Jumper

MC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributorMC84 is a good contributor
Boeing BWB (1/144) Report

The Next one is partly a real Model. The Original is the BWB (Blended Wing Body) X-48B. For more Information’s please click here:
NASA - The X-48B Blended Wing Body
NASA - Blended Wing Body Fact Sheet
NASA - NASA 360: A Look Ahead... X-48B
At this way, thanks to the NASA, they send me a lot of Information, only 60 Minutes after my Request.

The Modell:
This was released by Fantastic Plastic as a typical Table Top Kit (a few Parts, no Landing Gear) and Decals for a Military Version. But I want build a more Colorful, Civilian Plane.

It’s a full Resinkit, the weight of the Model is 0,8kg (1,76lb). The Kit has only 7 Parts, Fuselage, Wings, Engines and a Stand (not needed).

First Steps:
The First challenge is, the Gear bays. I’ve drilled holes in the fuselage and it cut out with a knife:

Now a can connect the Wings.

After the sanding, I’ve painted the Model in White. The top and bottom became a Red/Blue Livery like the X-48 Prototype.

Engines:
If you look at this picture, you can see Intake and Outake are almost identically.

I’ve used parts from a CF-6 to make a “Airliner Typical” Outake. Painting in Silver, Titan, Burnt Iron and Blue.

Gear:
To protect the paintwork I’ve taped the BWB, the Landing is a modified from a Airbus A380.

The nose gear comes from the Space Shuttle.

And now, the BWB stands on his own legs.

Additional Party are printed by Bert (CB Costumes) the doors are from the 747 Upper deck, I’ve added some Details.

The Final pictures:

Nice screenplay by Thomas Zeh.
MC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobbyALEXAKOS is a legend of the hobby
Re: Boeing BWB (1/144) Report

Loved the work you did and your photography skills are also splendid!
Thank you
ALEXAKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
PremiAir Customs

G-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast iconG-VFIZ is a diecast icon

This is really good man! Keep us all baffled with these creations!

Serving 1/400, 1/200 and 1/144 Customs Since 2009
G-VFIZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Line Service Technician

Southwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobbySouthwest&Blue is a legend of the hobby

I love the model and the pictures, but if that EVER became real, I don't know what I would do.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: