Cocoa Beach International Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
RJ Second Officer

FlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciated
Cocoa Beach International Airport

Hi Guys!

I'm waiting for the postman to arrive with a package before I continue work on SFO so decided with the weekend to create a small fictional airport diorama of one of my frequently visited destinations

May I present Cocoa Beach International Airport, Flordia!

CCA is a hub of Southwest Airlines (I'm hoping to start collecting special liveries!) The airport has 5 small gates capable of holding aircraft up the the size of 757 while 2 gates handle heaver international traffic, up to 747s as well as Gate 1 the only stand large enough to accommodate the A380. The airport has one cargo stand, C1 which is used for cargo deliveries to Cocoa and the space coast area as well as VIP flights.

The airport has a single runway, 10-28 and two taxiways; A which serves the Terminal and B which connects to the General aviation stand as well as the US coastguard's Ramp (Both yet to be build along with the threshold of Runway 28)

Airlines currently operating to the airport are:
Emirates
JAL
Air France
British Airways
Korean Air
Aeromexico
Air Canada
Alaska Airlines
Virgin Atlantic
Hawaiian Airlines
Delta

The airport authority is currently in negotiations with United, Singapore Airlines, KLM, and Virgin America each wishing to open up new routes to this increasingly popular destination!

Here are some photos of the airport! Sorry pictures aren't too great parents have taken the good camera on holiday so I'm stuck with the old one this week!

Overview of the airport

BA 744 prepares for the return flight to London Heathrow

JAL at Gate 1 following arrival from Tokyo

Southwest "Shamu" Prepares to push for JFK

Air Canada A320 recently arrived from Toronto

Aeromexico 767 arriving from Mexico City holds position while the Korean Air 744 pushes back

A look down the flight line

I hope you like the airport I am very pleased with the results and am looking forward to making the runway board Cheers

Connor
FlyboyPorkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
RJ Captain

Maverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributorMaverick231 is an excellent contributor
Re: Cocoa Beach International Airport

Looking pretty good mate, cant wait to see the other airport your creating.
Maverick231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor

Very nice airport! Some great traffic!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DELTA A321!!!!
DeltaA321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2014, 07:04 PM   #4
ATP Captain

uncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobbyuncle beat is a legend of the hobby

I like the inclusion of billboards featuring locally-relevant advertising (i.e. Disney World, Kennedy Space Center, etc.). It gives your airport a sense of place. Very nice! Pete
uncle beat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Gemstone Airport 1/400

ameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast icon

Well done on the airport so far! You have a nice variety of traffic.

Thanks for sharing,
Andy
ameger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:27 AM   #6
RJ Second Officer

kucing2013 is getting startedkucing2013 is getting startedkucing2013 is getting startedkucing2013 is getting startedkucing2013 is getting startedkucing2013 is getting started

that look great .. FlyboyPorkins ... like airport on an island .... i want to see sea ...
kucing2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
RJ Second Officer

FlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciatedFlyboyPorkins is appreciated

Hi Guys,

A small update from me at CCA! the local time is 14:40, it's a fairly quiet time for Cocoa, only dealing with 4 flights!

On Gate 1 We have the Emirates A380 having arrives 20 minutes earlier from Dubai

Virgin Atlantic flight 1123 rests on gate 3 departing back to LHR in about 15 minutes time

Virgin America offers VS Passengers a swift connection to SFO

Finally a southwest 737-500 recently arrived from Houston pulls onto gate 7 for the 40 minute turn around back to Houston.

Sorry photos are attachments having problems with photobucket!

Cheers

Connor
Attached Thumbnails
Cocoa Beach International Airport-10153408_10201155995576596_1122327163_n.jpg   Cocoa Beach International Airport-10168289_10201156000416717_1212949067_n.jpg   Cocoa Beach International Airport-10152767_10201155983496294_1241016326_n.jpg   Cocoa Beach International Airport-961274_10201155985216337_1786168290_n.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #8
Puddle Jumper

UALMan113 is getting startedUALMan113 is getting startedUALMan113 is getting startedUALMan113 is getting started

Wow, that's a great little tropical airport, I especially love the advertising signs, love the creativity. This is why I find myself spending more time on wings900 then on youtube now, most people on youtube have geminijets airports with no creativity, this is why I love wings900, people here have great sense of creativity!
3. Gemini Jets Post Merger United Express CRJ-700 1/400
UALMan113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:43 PM   #9
RJ Second Officer

Thank you for the positive encouragement! I couldn't resist the opportunity to do the local adverts to places I've seen or been to! I am working on an idea for the "welcome to Cocoa International" sign but that's staying a secret and will be in a future update! I'm trying to make this airport as realistic as possible in terms of flight handling having created a full departure board as well as gate allocation spread sheets, as my collection grows the airport will get much busier! I hope you'll stay tuned to my updates!

Cheers

Connor
Old 04-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
RJ Second Officer

Hi Guys!

Tonight I've gone from custom maker to Electrician! installing the first part of the Lighting system at Cocoa international. Here are some photos of a late night landing of an American Airlines 772 landing from London Gatwick:

So far I have only comleted the runway centerline and edge lighting as well as the last 300 meters of final approach barrets, to complete this as a category 2 lighting system, my final goal, I'm adding a row of green Threshold lights, to rows of red final approach barrets, the two cross bars at 150M and 300M and two rows of touchdown zone white barrets! On top of this I plan to illuminate the stands with white LEDs and add taxiway centreline lights with green LEDs

I hope you like the lighting!

Connor
Old 04-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #11
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor

Really Nice job lighting!! How long did it take you to do.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DELTA A321!!!!
DeltaA321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #12
Climbing with Delta

Delta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributorDelta_fan_29 is a good contributor

I love the lighting! Wish I could do one on my own but i'm not crafty enough to do it.

"Proud to be Atlantas hometown airline for more than 70 years."
Check out my collection!https://www.wings900.com/modeldatabas...ion-27556.html
Delta_fan_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 PM   #13
Gemstone Airport 1/400

ameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast iconameger is a diecast icon

Connor,
Well done on the lights. I could never do that at my airport, I don't have the patience, expertise, or space to do the whole system. I really do like your airports a lot!

Andy
ameger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #14
RJ Second Officer

Thanks for your support guys! I'm now away from home for a few days but was up until the small hours working on the lighting system! I now have the two cross bars, the green threshold line and all the LEDs for the red barrets are wired up ready to install which will take a couple of hours to complete, at this stage I would say 15-20 man hours have gone into the lighting system with the stripping and soldering of hundreds of wires and fixing god knows how many mistakes or faults! One of the green threshold lights is tripping the whole system as it stands so I need to fix that fault before installing the rest of the lighting! I'll post an update as soon as I'm back and get the fault fixed!

Connor
Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #15
RJ Second Officer

updated photo of the lighting system!

Enjoy!

Connor
Attached Thumbnails
Cocoa Beach International Airport-dscf3787.jpg  

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: