Nimbus International Airport - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

AC787 is flying under the radarAC787 is flying under the radarAC787 is flying under the radar
Wings900 Nimbus International Airport

Nimbus International Airport (IATA: YNI, ICAO: CYNI) is a new international airport based near Vancouver, Canada.

The airport is served by the following airlines:
  • American Airlines from Phoenix operating the Boeing 737-800
  • Delta Airlines from Los Angeles operating the Airbus A321-200
  • Air Canada from Toronto operating the Boeing 787-8
  • Northwest from Detroit and Minneapolis-St. Paul operating the Boeing 787-8
  • La Compagnie from Paris-CDG (with an intermediate stop at Montreal-Mirabel) operating the Boeing 757
  • Virgin Atlantic from London Heathrow operating the Boeing 787-9
  • Thai Airways from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi operating a mix of Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A340-600 aircraft
    Jin Air from Seoul and Jeju International operating the Boeing 777-200

Cargo airline BAX Global also has two DC-8 aircraft based at the airport. A Boeing 727 of Pan American World Airways is also based at the airport, for historical charter flights.

Jin Air is the most recent arrival at YNI, with their first foray into the transpacific market.

Northwest has also made a major move into the Canadian market with their new routes.
Northwest is offering the highest levels of service on their brand-new 787 aircraft. Passengers in both business, premium economy and economy have access to updated meals and IFE. Northwest has most recently added live inflight radio. Passengers in all classes can listen to radio stations worldwide, from local CBC radio to American channels such as WZAZ Chicago and more.

More images coming soon! Bonus points to whoever catches the Airplane! reference.
AC787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #2
Roaring into the clouds

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog
Re: Nimbus International Airport

Welcome to the Forum. Seems like you have a nice layout there! I really like the La Compagnie 757, wish we had one in 1:500! Consider using some GSE. It might be expensive, but it sure makes every diorama look even better!
Old 03-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #3
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Really cool models! The Jin Air 777 and La Compagnie 757 are beautiful
Although I personally don't like the mix of eras and the use of fantasy models... anyway, that's up to you.
You should add some GSE, it's pretty much necessary for every diorama.

Last edited by Leonardo Mello; 03-14-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Leonardo Mello is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #4
Senior Captain

Speedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dog

Fascinating airport! Interesting decision on La Compagnies part!

If it has RB211s I like it!
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
Earning My Wings

AC787 is flying under the radarAC787 is flying under the radarAC787 is flying under the radar

Thanks all for the replies. I do have a single GSE set, but obviously that's not enough for wide shots showing multiple gates. I'll have to buy some more. Really does miracles for realism.

Quote:
Although I personally don't like the mix of eras and the use of fantasy models... anyway, that's up to you.
Yes, I know that fantasy models can be quite.........controversial. I don't really mind them much myself, the way I see it they're a reminder of a better, less bland industry. To each his own I guess!
AC787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
King of the Geeks

Kitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast iconKitty Hawk 1903 is a diecast icon

I love the La Compagnie B757. Beautiful shade of blue.

David

Kitty Hawk 1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
Senior Captain

Speedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dogSpeedbird 48 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Although I personally don't like the mix of eras
Well, UPS did use DC-8s for a long time, so seeing DC-8s is not that off. Neither is seeing an enthusiasts charter! As Pan Am is defunct: Nothing stopped what I assume is an enthusiast charter company from using their ironic colors. So I don't think there is a mix of eras...

If it has RB211s I like it!
Speedbird 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 PM   #8
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbird 48 View Post
Well, UPS did use DC-8s for a long time, so seeing DC-8s is not that off. Neither is seeing an enthusiasts charter! As Pan Am is defunct: Nothing stopped what I assume is an enthusiast charter company from using their ironic colors. So I don't think there is a mix of eras...
What are you talking about, there is no DC-8 in his pictures.

Since there are no 727-100s flying in Pan Am colors nowadays (the ones just like this model only flew in a distant past), it's a mix of era. Well, the diorama is not mine, this is just my opinion.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: