KBCA-California Dreamin' - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > Model Airports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #1
RJ Second Officer

CBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciated
KBCA-California Dreamin'

I'd like to announce the near-completion of a new airport!

BCA, or Brisas International Airport at Carrie Fisher Field
logo

Brisas International is located in the city of Brisas, California (based on a combination of a few real cities). Brisas is a city of 150,000 about 350 miles south of the Bay Area and about 150 miles north of Los Angeles. The city is an up and coming resort destination for the region's jet set as well as a booming outgrowth of California's tech sector. Brisas boasts a gorgeous shoreline and beach scene, a charming old town and old Spanish mission, and easy access to natural areas such as several state forests and the Santa Ynez mountains. The area is known as the American Riviera due to its coastal geography and Mediterranean climate.

220px-Santabarbarastreetscene
250px-Aerial-SantaBarbaraCA10-28-08

More on the airport and its facilities coming soon!

Last edited by CBLSwizard; 02-16-2017 at 01:27 PM.
CBLSwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 01:38 PM   #2
Puddle Jumper

Budgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributorBudgie is a good contributor
Re: KBCA-California Dreamin'

If its anything like Boomtown, I'm excited to see it! What airline traffic will we see at Brisas?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #3
RJ Second Officer

CBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciatedCBLSwizard is appreciated
Re: KBCA-California Dreamin'

It will be simultaneously a lot like Boomtown and nothing like it. Brisas is a small- to medium-sized airport with a lot of local flavor. service is mostly domestic and regional with North American international traffic, though the airport authority recognized the potential supplemental income available from providing facilities for aircraft diverting from the larger airports in the area. Service is currently reduced for the winter low season.

PR NEWSWIRE
Southwest is California Strong at Brisas!The biggest carrier in the state of California currently operates 18 daily scheduled flights, mostly to West Coast and Midwest mega stations and point-to-point intrastate flying. Southwest also operates seasonal international flights to Mexico.
-2x Denver International DEN
-3x Las Vegas McCarran LAS
-3x Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX
-2x Dallas Love Field DAL
-1x Boomtown International BTX
-2x Oakland International OAK
-1x San Francisco International SFO
-1x Sacramento International SMF
-1x San Jose Norman Mineta SJC
-2x San Diego International SAN

alaska_airlines_2016_logo
Alaska is the second biggest carrier at Brisas with 7 daily departures. Like Southwest, Alaska has offered seasonal Mexico service. Alaska used to offer more destinations but the battle with Delta at SEA has placed pressure on resources that the Virgin America merger may soon alleviate.
-3x Seattle-Tacoma International SEA
-2x Portland International PDX
-1x San Jose Norman Mineta SJC
-1x Austin Bergstrom AUS

deltalogo
Always aggressively pursuing West Coast growth, Delta flies to three of its closest hubs from Brisas, and they have been teasing adding more capacity in the future.
-2x Seattle Tacoma SEA
-2x Salt Lake City SLC
-2x Minneapolis-St. Paul MSP

aalogo
American Airlines flies to Brisas from most of its major hubs, in spite of its proximity to LAX.
-2x Phoenix Sky Harbor PHX
-3x Dallas Fort Worth DFW
-1x Chicago Ohare ORD

United_Airlines_2010-logo-1024x768
United rounds out the largest domestic airlines in the US with modest regional jet service to nearby hubs. UA has taken a different strategy from AA, not wanting to poach traffic from its seventh-largest hub down the coast.
-2x San Francisco SFO
-2x Denver International DEN

Air-Canada-logo-copy3
Air Canada is Brisas' only international airline during the winter season with daily service to Vancouver.
-1x Vancouver International YVR

surf-air_416x416
Surf Air, California's growing monthly all-you-can-fly airline, operates its Pilatus PC-12's to Los Angeles Hawthorne, Truckee-Tahoe, Napa Valley, and Carlsbad from one of Brisas' FBO's.

Progress report:
For this airport I wanted to take a shot at designing most of my own buildings to be constructed from cardstock. I liked the buildings that I ordered online but they weren't quite right and, of course, I had to design around them. Most of the buildings have been completed and the foil is almost done, I'm just waiting for a few details. This airport will be smaller in area than my last but will be more detailed.

Last edited by CBLSwizard; 02-17-2017 at 11:56 AM.
CBLSwizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: