Aviation movies. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Aviation movies.

Ciao. Did you see "Edge of tomorrow" movie? It is a science fiction movie with Tom Cruise, and it is an interesting and original story, but i started this thread because the main base for the soldiers is London "Heathrow" Airport modified for military purposes. Nice to see the new control tower, the terminal 5, the not used airbridges, part of the runways, aprons and taxiways full of soldiers, kinds of helicopters/space ships, military tents.
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dog
Re: Edge of tomorrow

I saw that movie and loved it! But the "Heathrow" in the movie is just good special effects, right?

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:09 AM   #3
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

Maybe they have used some real images of the airport and then, with the computer, they added the tents and the helicopters.

Charter airlines lover

Old 10-05-2014, 04:43 AM   #4
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Maybe they have used some real images of the airport and then, with the computer, they added the tents and the helicopters.
That's exactly what I was thinking they probably did. It's amazing what can be done with special effects these days .

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
The Dark Side

Agree, it seems a real situation where an airport is used for a war. It is particularly interesting to see the new control tower surrounded by fighters and soldiers.

Charter airlines lover
Old 02-02-2015, 07:19 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Aviation movies.

Ciao to all. In this thread you can write your impressions and comments about the aviation movies.
I created this thread because i watched the great movie Flight (Robert Zemeckis) with Denzel Washington and i was really shocked by the story and by the images of the incident. They are really well done and everything seems real. But i have a question: can an airplane like the CRJ-900 (the airplane seems that) flies in inverted flight without breaking the wings and other parts of the fuselage?

Charter airlines lover
Old 02-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #7
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog
Re: Aviation movies.

Didn't we already have a thread like this a while back?

Anyway, the plane that goes inverted is not a CRJ, it's an MD-80 with winglets.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Didn't we already have a thread like this a while back?

Anyway, the plane that goes inverted is not a CRJ, it's an MD-80 with winglets.
I don't know i have searched for it but i did not find.
The nose seems a CRJ, but anyway can a passenger airplane makes that kind of maneuvers?

Charter airlines lover
Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #9
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog

Well, the DC-10 could. Just look up FedEx 705.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #10
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Well, the DC-10 could. Just look up FedEx 705.
Yeah but that was a pure miracle!

Btw, I just saw another nice airplane movie, Air Force One it's not always very realistic but it surely is an entertaining movie

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #11
Red Eagles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Yeah but that was a pure miracle!
Well, they pulled it of, didn't they?
Old 02-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #12
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

Flying I don't know, but a 707 prototype (B367-80) has made a roll during its tests flights. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDr54dlw6s

The Concorde made several one during its tests flights too. I think it's theorically possible on every airplanes, but it's just very risky. And I suppose that the computer system prevents from that.
At Boeing for exemple, there is order which is gave to tests pilots before the first flight : "No rolls please". (B777)

Last edited by Malefiska; 02-02-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Malefiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #13
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

As an aviation enthusiast I always look at what Hollywood does when airplanes are used in movies and I always need to remind myself, its a MOVIE for entrainment purposes so details and facts or the truth in some cases are usually over looked to keep the movie exciting and us entrained!
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
Jacob.

Qupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributorQupax is a good contributor

I remember watching a movie as a kid almost everyday called "cleared to land". No narration but just all types of planes in action. I used to love that movie as a kid!
NEW EP: Out this April on my Soundcloud!
Qupax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #15
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Ciao to all. In this thread you can write your impressions and comments about the aviation movies.
I created this thread because i watched the great movie Flight (Robert Zemeckis) with Denzel Washington and i was really shocked by the story and by the images of the incident. They are really well done and everything seems real. But i have a question: can an airplane like the CRJ-900 (the airplane seems that) flies in inverted flight without breaking the wings and other parts of the fuselage?
Yes, it can. Air works the same whether or not you're upside down or right side up. In fact, they even flew the B367-80 (more or less 707 prototype) in a barrel roll IRL. The only problem with inverted flight (ignoring some mechanical effects that are dependent on design) is that if the frame of reference is the plane itself, "up" gets redefined as towards the ground. Gravitational effects would also tend to point "up" as well, but that tends to be negligible in this case.

The plane was supposed to some kind of fictional thing based off the MD-80 or something. The real issue for the wings or fuselage to break would usually be caused by the roll rate being very high or the pilot pulling very hard past the limits of the plane itself.

Also, though this applies to piston powered planes, if the engine is carbureted, the engines will shut off if flown upside down for more than a brief second of time, since the fuel flow to the engine is cut off since fuel wouldn't be able to leave the carburetor.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: