Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-20-2014, 11:01 AM   #1
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor
Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

Hello all,

thank you for looking at this thread

for all members who feel that WINGS900 should be owned by the original owner please sign this petition at this website:

Petition WINGS900 OWNER CHANGE

if you have any thoughts about the petition feel free to leave them here

thanks
stephen

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DELTA A321!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
DeltaA321

DeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributorDeltaA321 is an excellent contributor
re: Petition to bring back the previous owners - Please Read

We have 3 signatures! Please support the forum by signing!

Old 07-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

That's not how it works, Stephen.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #4
DeltaA321

I know this isn't going to solve any immediate problems but this is to show the new owners how many people want the original owner to be running the show and I don't expect this to be finished today or tomorrow. But if you don't want to sign it you don't have to.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
How does it work then,personally i'd love to go back a few years (might even get some of the vet's back)...

1939 - 2011
Old 07-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #6
Earning My Wings

RogerMc is flying under the radar

Just signed. Looking forward to progress by taking a small step backwards first.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:59 PM   #7
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobbyFlight fan is a legend of the hobby

Signed! But at first i thought the original owners had already come back.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #8
banned

El_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dogEl_Capitan is a top dog

I didn't sign the petition, I like the current owner. :-)
Old 07-20-2014, 01:07 PM   #9
DeltaA321

Thank you everyone who has signed we have 8 signatures!

Old 07-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #10
DeltaA321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
Signed! But at first i thought the original owners had already come back.
Oh I realize that now the title is misleading... sorry if a mod can change it to include the word petition I would appreaciate it!

thanks
stephen

Old 07-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #11
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Capitan View Post
Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Honestly, I don't think Jim and Todd, (or if you mean the true Original Owner who started it in the W500 days, Andy Anderson) want much else to do with the site, especailly considering they are pretty busy with other endeavors that are more successful or have far more important things to attend to. I'm not sure what Jim's been up to since those days, but I have seen Todd pop up on here and DAC whenever people were voicing their displeasure, usually explaining why certain things are a mess. The old owners before the current ones (after the trio I think you're talking about, but before the current owners) also explained why the database had no airline logos like it used, explaining that Todd owns (or owned) the database that they're stored on and wanted to charge them more than they were willing to pay to use them (since the deal only included W900, DAC and I guess that 600 scale site, whose name escapes me right now.)

Of course, the 3rd owner from the 2002-2011 time-frame (who sold his share well before the other two), I think he'd be delighted to take things, since I'm sure he's not happy that people actually can show displeasure whenever he sends an angry, profanity laced letter full of ugly ethnic slurs and the like when a small misunderstand shows up between him and someone who bought stuff form his store. He usually silenced any criticism of him when he was in charge of here and DAC, while still allowing similar discussion of other retailers. That was one advantage of the ownership change, the censorship loosened up here a little.

Anyways, if you don't like things here, there are other sites too you can look at. 400SH, TnP, Airlinebuzz (all of which are usually manned by refugees of that former W900 owner.)
Old 07-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #12
DeltaA321

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
Yeah, it doesn't work like that. Honestly, I don't think Jim and Todd, (or if you mean the true Original Owner who started it in the W500 days, Andy Anderson) want much else to do with the site, especailly considering they are pretty busy with other endeavors that are more successful or have far more important things to attend to. I'm not sure what Jim's been up to since those days, but I have seen Todd pop up on here and DAC whenever people were voicing their displeasure, usually explaining why certain things are a mess. The old owners before the current ones (after the trio I think you're talking about, but before the current owners) also explained why the database had no airline logos like it used, explaining that Todd owns (or owned) the database that they're stored on and wanted to charge them more than they were willing to pay to use them (since the deal only included W900, DAC and I guess that 600 scale site, whose name escapes me right now.)

Of course, the 3rd owner from the 2002-2011 time-frame (who sold his share well before the other two), I think he'd be delighted to take things, since I'm sure he's not happy that people actually can show displeasure whenever he sends an angry, profanity laced letter full of ugly ethnic slurs and the like when a small misunderstand shows up between him and someone who bought stuff form his store. He usually silenced any criticism of him when he was in charge of here and DAC, while still allowing similar discussion of other retailers. That was one advantage of the ownership change, the censorship loosened up here a little.

Anyways, if you don't like things here, there are other sites too you can look at. 400SH, TnP, Airlinebuzz (all of which are usually manned by refugees of that former W900 owner.)
Well the reason I started this thread was because people wanted the petition and two people said they didn't know how to set it up and I said in a earlier post that I didn't think I should be in charge but no one else commented on it also I would agree with you but
Jim did say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight Director View Post
You're welcome AZDinker, you don't need to know what went into the site from a server perspective; and you shouldn't have to. I wanted to illustrate to everyone that the owners of this site and hobbydb don't really care for any of the users and have no intentions of making this place better.

Did you noticed the reviews are gone? did you notice the home page is gone? what about the articles we wrote, and the history? All gone and thrown out the window.

You are welcome, but don't get your hopes up. This place will stay as it is until it rots and doesn't make the owners money off of ads.

If you guys want this site back to the way it was, I suggest you form a petition and a campaign to boycott this and DAC. As former owners, we'd take the site over again and fix everything, but we'd need your help to make it happen.
But please is someone does want lead this effort let feel free to take over because I honestly don't think I should be running the petition(someone who has been around longer) I just wanted to set it up.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #13
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobbyLOT 737-300 is a legend of the hobby

That is actually Todd, not Jim.

With that said, if he did say that, then I guess he wanted to see if people were supportive about returning the site back to them. Even then, a petition is worth virtually about as much as the electricity is used to make it (or the paper it is written on.) But the boycott part might hit them hard in terms of ad revenue, and from there, action of some sort will be taken.
Old 07-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #14
DeltaA321

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOT 737-300 View Post
That is actually Todd, not Jim.

With that said, if he did say that, then I guess he wanted to see if people were supportive about returning the site back to them. Even then, a petition is worth virtually about as much as the electricity is used to make it (or the paper it is written on.) But the boycott part might hit them hard in terms of ad revenue, and from there, action of some sort will be taken.
I see your point but I do not see how a boycott is that possible. Even with say 30 members agree to not get on the website for 1 week. Most of the people are guests and so many people would still get. So I agree with you but do not understand how it could happen.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:48 AM   #15
RJ Captain

c5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dogc5maier is a top dog

I am not against signing a petition but I, too, consider it of little value. For me the sad part is that this is a site whose worth was/is primarily created by people that spend voluntarily some of their time to add to it in one capacity or another. These people have found themselves one day in the situation where their efforts had been sold for an undisclosed sum to someone unknown without their prior consent.

Now, I don't say that the former owners had not invested their own time and money into it themselves and if they wanted to leave had the right to look for some sort of recompense. But for me the merkantile part of this site should have been made more transparent ahead of any deal closure.

I am an active member on quite a number of other fan fora and none of those (to my knowledge) has been made into a "money machine". And, of course, I have no idea whether the repeated sales of this site have been lucrative for the different owners or not. What I do know is that other sites work on the basis of voluntary fees to pay for the server and the founder is neither bancrupted nor getting rich from them. And I like that kind of situation.

Christoph
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: