Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
i like planes

Southwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dog
Apollo 18- What really happen?

Okay, so. I just watched the movie Apollo 18. Did some research and read something that there was an Apollo 18 mission that the Russians and US didn't announce. Now, I know the movie is fake. But was there really an Apollo 18 misson the government didn't tell about?

I just really want to know after watching that movie.
Southwest&Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
RJ Second Officer

dom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting started
Re: Apollo 18- What really happen?

I also watched the movie and asked myself the exact same questions and so did one of my friends. The only thing I came up with is that there was an Apollo 18 mission but it was cancelled (supposedly).
dom4419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
i like planes

Southwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dogSouthwest&Blue is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom4419 View Post
I also watched the movie and asked myself the exact same questions and so did one of my friends. The only thing I came up with is that there was an Apollo 18 mission but it was cancelled (supposedly).
You know the end part where they're giving the names and the report deaths? I wanna know if that is what really happen. If that's really how they died.

But, on the movie, where Anderson is in the Russian craft and getting ready for lift off, then Nate comes to the window and starts beating the window. I thought Anderson was gonna die right there. Then I didn't see what happen to Nate. I saw him, then saw blood.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #4
First Officer

jwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast iconjwalters692005 is a diecast icon

Time to take off the tin foil hats

We will never know the answer to this.
My name is Joshua Walters, and I'm addicted to 1:400 aircraft.
jwalters692005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
RJ First Officer

c5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest&Blue View Post
Okay, so. I just watched the movie Apollo 18. Did some research and read something that there was an Apollo 18 mission that the Russians and US didn't announce. Now, I know the movie is fake. But was there really an Apollo 18 misson the government didn't tell about?

There could never be a "mission the government didn't tell about", as the launch, the trajectories and the communication of all satellites, manned or unmanned, are constantly tracked - not just by US and Soviet Union/Russian official circles but for a good part also from independent observatories.

You just cannot hide a Saturn V.

This is also one of many reasons, why the Moon hoax conspiracy theory doesn't hold water.

Christoph
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

I have seen the trailer, because in Italy this movie will arrive...late. It is more similar to an horror film than a science-fiction based on a real history...supposed that it is a real history. I don't think that there really was an Apollo 18 mission: this mission was prepared but never realized. The budget was cut, and Apollo mission ended with Apollo 17 (also if Apollo 18,19 and 20 were planned).
But the most important thing is that i don't believe that there is or there was an alien on the moon: probably there are thousand of alien civilizations in our and other galaxies (from bacteria to advanced civilizations), but they aren't so close to the Sun (otherwise they would have already contacted us by decades!).
There is another interesting story ( a great fake for me) about Apollo 20 mission...and perhaps Hollywood will realize another movie...a Russian-American mission to check the spaceship on the dark side of the Moon:

...so, in summary:

- Apollo 17 = normal, end of Apollo mission.
- Apollo 18 = secret mission = alien.
- Apollo 20 = secret mission = space ship

- Apollo 19 = ???...a "city" on the Moon?

Charter airlines lover
Searching for: Herpa Singapore Airlines B747-400F NG
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dog

Quote:

Before this B-Grade movie came out, Apollo 18 was usually the nickname the the Apollo side of the mission with Soyuz 19, better known as the Soyuz-Apollo mission (it was the first time that two spacecraft of 2 different nationalities docked in Orbit, a lot of cooperation was needed to make it work (like engineering a way that both can have a compatible docking bay)), despite it not being an official Apollo mission.

If there was such a launch, I'm very sure many Floridians could likely come out and say about how they saw a Saturn V blast off from KSC one day (I mean, it was the 70s, the Rat had already moved into Orlando, and you can actually have a very good view of a rocket going up from Cape Canaveral from Orlando).

And don't get me started on people who lived in the towns even closer by, like Titusville, Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and so forth. Not only would they have seen it, chances are high they would have felt it.

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 01-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #8
RJ First Officer

c5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributorc5maier is an excellent contributor

"despite it not being an official Apollo mission."

Well, it was officially called "Apollo Soyus Test Project (ASTP)", so it was an official Apollo Mission, just not officially named Apollo 18. The remaining Apollo spacecraft were all used for the Skylab mission - so no Apollo 20 mission to the moon has happened either.

Christoph
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #9
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5maier View Post
"despite it not being an official Apollo mission."

Well, it was officially called "Apollo Soyus Test Project (ASTP)", so it was an official Apollo Mission, just not officially named Apollo 18. The remaining Apollo spacecraft were all used for the Skylab mission - so no Apollo 20 mission to the moon has happened either.

Christoph
I meant it being part of the Apollo program itself (in other words, sending Astronauts to the moon.) The spacecraft were also called Apollo mind you.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 AM   #10
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dog

Besides, we all know they only went up to help the Autobots.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #11
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

The cast tell you everything you want about this movie... I have never heard of any one in the movie...
So if they want a Apollo 19 movie. Give us a budget and some stars.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #12
Senior Captain

Conventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dog

No, the original purpose of Apollo 18 was to dig out the Monolith they found on the moon...you know, Stanley Kubrick knew it all before
Old 01-12-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
i like planes

Charter- I'm not a big fan of scary movies. But this one, I watched by myself, in the dark, my door closed nobody home. So, maybe some people would classify it as a horror movie, but it was more of a doc. movie. But saying there was an alien of the moon, is like saying that rock on Mars was an alien.

But I got my answer. From my social studies teacher, LOT, and Charter.

Andre, I know what you mean. I looked to see who was in it and I didn't see anybody I knew.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #14
RJ Second Officer

dom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting starteddom4419 is getting started

Quote:
You know the end part where they're giving the names and the report deaths? I wanna know if that is what really happen. If that's really how they died.

But, on the movie, where Anderson is in the Russian craft and getting ready for lift off, then Nate comes to the window and starts beating the window. I thought Anderson was gonna die right there. Then I didn't see what happen to Nate. I saw him, then saw blood.
We'll never know for sure, the US government will never let something like that out (if it's real).

Nate was killed by those alien things, they got in his suit then killed him.
dom4419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #15
Nathan.I

southwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributorsouthwest freak is a good contributor

Nope the real mission was the astronauts were set out on a mission and they were attacked by a group of advanced honey badgers led by Barney Frank that liked to plant smurfs in peoples brains and probe them with smurfs and that is the real mission. Trust me I worked at the pentagon and I know I know what most people don't know

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: