Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog
Microsoft Flight Trailer

Here is the new Microsoft Flight Trailer.

I'll i really need to say is that it is a major disappointment... i thought they were going to release the bets flight simulator ever, not an arcade game.. What do you guys think about it?

(Found on DA.C)
UA-DL-AA-US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dog
Re: Microsoft Flight Trailer

We can only wait and see this Summer when it's released. It will be awesome
Old 01-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
Delta Lover

DeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dogDeltaDude is a top dog

I am very disappointed. This does not even come close to what I thought it was going to be. I think maybe I will stick to FSX or I might even get X-Plane 10.

http://kingmontinternational.weebly.com
Twitter: @KIA_Airport // Instagram: kingmontinternationalairport
DeltaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
Senior Captain

UA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dogUA-DL-AA-US is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
We can only wait and see this Summer when it's released. It will be awesome
Now if i wasn't expecting a simulator, i would be happy and excited to get this and try it out (cause it's free and all..) but i guess the reason why i'm disappointed is because i was expecting something like FS2004 or FSX..
UA-DL-AA-US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:06 PM   #5
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dog

Well, I'm not going to say much on the matter, but by the sounds of it it's way better than the previous. Info from a bud of mine who worked a little on it.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
Captain

SP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dogSP-LLC is a top dog

I guess it looks alright. But I heard that only Microsoft will have the right to make addons?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #7
The wings of the A380

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog

Come on, what is this for ****, we want a simulator. I've just been to the KLM Flight Simulators and those were way better. The scenery of the plane I flown in (B737-400) was not so great. But she has flown so great! This.. Is an arcade game.. Flying through Honolulu.. Wowww.... Only turboprop? Come on.. Please Microsoft. FSX is Okay, This is nothing at all.. Next time a Proper simulator?
DutchCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #8
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dog

You guys forgot, they disbanded the only people who knew how to make a Simulator (Aces). The former Aces guys formed a new team known as Cascade Game Foundry (though I haven't heard much from them since they disbanded.)

Either way, for the time being, I think FSX may as well be the standard. I'm not sure if any of you remember, but when MS announced flight, they did announce (though in a very nice, fancy way) they were really trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator. In other words, they were making Ace Combat for people too peaceful to shoot missiles, but yet, too impatient to learn how an aircraft work, rather than something with the complexity of Falcon 4.0 or DCS: Black Shark (or the Project Tupolev Tu-154B2 addons for FS9 and X for that matter, THAT is a realistic sim there).

Seeing this is free to play, seems like you'll be able to just download this, and you'll be playing online, and with addons being MS only and very expensive (think of it like World of Tanks, where some of the tanks are $30+). Oh well, no big loss, plenty of other, nice sims out there, with a world that contains far more than just one city (come on, we haven't seen that since MSFS 2.0), and aircraft that I can get regardless. Not to mention that there are always people that will try to prop up a older game to be really nice if there is no proper replacement (though with X-Plane out there, that is less of an issue, an its safe to say, MS just gave X-Plane the dominant role in this genere.)

Last edited by LOT 737-300; 01-06-2012 at 08:42 PM.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
RJ Captain

klm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciatedklm.b777 is appreciated

I have seen a different trailer about Microsoft Flight and that one had better graphics and more planes to choose from.. Now they used the same name only they made a game of it with only 4 planes..

I was looking forward to this new simulator, but not to a new game..
klm.b777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #10
RJ First Officer

MaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting started

I was a beta tester for this game and it sucks! It's basically a game not a flight simulator. And there are no airliners
MaxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #11
Senior Captain

Conventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxDelta View Post
I was a beta tester for this game and it sucks! It's basically a game not a flight simulator. And there are no airliners
Well this would make it a no-go for me. I always thought Flight would be something like a "Super Mega-FSX", with state-of-the-are graphics, physics engine etc.
But I see it from the positive side, I can still use FSX on my older PC as there is no need to update it for MS Flight.

Funny how the mentioned in the video that MS Flight is optimized for Gamepad and Mouse Use - seems more like an arcade game to me. What about the use of special Hardware like the Saitek Yoke ?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 PM   #12
RJ First Officer

MaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting startedMaxDelta is getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conventi View Post
Well this would make it a no-go for me. I always thought Flight would be something like a "Super Mega-FSX", with state-of-the-are graphics, physics engine etc.
But I see it from the positive side, I can still use FSX on my older PC as there is no need to update it for MS Flight.

Funny how the mentioned in the video that MS Flight is optimized for Gamepad and Mouse Use - seems more like an arcade game to me. What about the use of special Hardware like the Saitek Yoke ?
Yes FSX is much better. I will not be buying the full version of Flight.
MaxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:44 AM   #13
First Officer

alexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dogalexczarn is a top dog

IF Flight was like a redeveloped FSX with the same/more features, yes I would definitely consider it! But at the moment, NO. Besides FSX with all the latest addons, like ORBX/Aerosoft/A2A, etc etc is looking sooo good nowadays, besides the latest hardware can now run FSX smoothly at very high detail!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: