Air Hostesses - Page 40 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 AM   #586
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog
Re: Air Hostesses

OK guys - 2 post per day until I clear the backlog of ANA models.

First the boring stuff...

ANA 1979

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #587
Southwest Airlines

kardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast iconkardar757 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
OK guys - 2 post per day until I clear the backlog of ANA models.

First the boring stuff...

ANA 1979

Look at her mouth... Gee i wonder what she's been doing

Chesapeake International Airport (KCPK)
kardar757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM   #588
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Very strange! No sign of my other posting for today?? Perhaps I'd better tone it down a little...

... for my fine-feathered-friends ...

3 French birds

Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #589
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

Doc: These dolls are so nice I mean I'm not a big puppetfriend, but they are really sweet... so japanese like... Are these hand-made? Are the airlines selling these?
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #590
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferihegy View Post
Doc: These dolls are so nice I mean I'm not a big puppetfriend, but they are really sweet... so japanese like... Are these hand-made? Are the airlines selling these?
No, they were mass-produced in 2005 but I think they were a fairly limited series and disappeared off the shelves quickly. I believe they are made of resin and they still turm up from time to time on eBay and the likes. They used to be stocked by a number of aviation hobby shops, especially in Asia but they were sold out before I discovered them. Don't know if ANA offered them to PAX or not.

I think the sculptures are great and I have a soft spot for animé - must hark back to my Speed Racer, Prince Planet and Gigantor days!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #591
Operations Director

ANA 1982

Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #592
Operations Director

The alternative post: This one has a late 70's feel to it.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #593
Operations Director

Penultimate in the ANA series

This is the penultimate post in this mini-series highlighting the evolution of All Nippon Airways hostess uniforms.

ANA 1990.

IMO that's a sweet-lookin' uniform!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #594
Operations Director

The Alternate Post - JetStar Asia

Old 01-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #595
Trijets Lover

Ferihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributorFerihegy is a good contributor

My favorite doll so far is the 1974 one
Ferihegy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #596
Operations Director

Final Post ANA Air Hostess Collection

Today is the finale for the ANA Air Hostess Uniform Collection.

The last of the series was a pair of dolls, each wearing the ANA 2005 uniform with differing neckerchiefs.

It is hardly surprising that air hostesses have become the subject of dolls - they were truly glamorous role models for generations of young girls and they would make a thread in their own right. I will revisit the theme from time to time. We return to normal scheduling tomorrow...

Last edited by flyingdoc; 01-26-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #597
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

Hey Doc? If they are ANA dolls, why don't they look Asian?

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 AM   #598
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
Hey Doc? If they are ANA dolls, why don't they look Asian?
That's the Animé style!

Well, it's late after the Australian Open Mens Final... perhaps it's time to slip into some "Mile High" Air Hostess pyjamas?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM   #599
Operations Director

Airlines have been using pictures of their air hostesses from the very beginning to advertise their companies. Indeed, the quality of the inflight service was a very major selling point before the introduction of low cost carriers. United had pics from the early 1930's, but it didn't just stop with advertising airlines. The glamour factor made stewardesses very popular to advertise and endorse all manner of products (as I will show you over the next few weeks).

Today, some retro KLM ads.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:22 AM   #600
Captain

FedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast iconFedEx777 is a diecast icon

Wahoo thought this was good for this thread.
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/h...rtfedex052.jpg

Jason
FedEx777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: