Air Hostesses - Page 168 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #2506
Rex
W900 Team Member

Rex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobbyRex is a legend of the hobby
Re: Air Hostesses

Philippine Airlines, July 2010

Thanks to our cabin crew for an excellent service. I hope to fly with them in the future.

I had my seat-mate take this photo after we touched down at HKG.

IFFG - Infinite Flight Fan Group
Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #2507
Widebody collector

speedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributorspeedbird380super is a good contributor

Nice photo Rex!

How was it travelling on Aeroflot btw? Will be putting up any pics of those?
speedbird380super is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 08:45 AM   #2508
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Lovely shot Jay - thanks for sharing!

Today, Aires Columbia

flyingdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #2509
Operations Director

flyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dogflyingdoc is a top dog

Druk Air (or Royal Bhutan Airlines) is the flag carrier of the Kingdom of Bhutan.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:26 AM   #2510
Operations Director

EgyptAir Express - a regional subsidiary of Egyptair operating E-170's.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #2511
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobbymmu69 is a legend of the hobby

Thumbs up!
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #2512
Earning My Wings

Cabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciatedCabin_Secure is appreciated

WRT to the 'Aeroflot' pics... I've stood for a photo in the engine like that* and no cardboard was required... merely an instruction from the captain to stand slightly on my toes so as to keep the weight off my heels.

More than likely the model was a bit finicky about slipping and falling out of the engine (girl doesn't know how to sit/stand in an engine, tsk tsk she's not a REAL hostie!!!) :p

*Would like to clarify I mean in that pose, not the without-clothes part, I'm a classy hostie not some trolley trash
Cabin_Secure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #2513
Earning My Wings

Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is flying under the radar
The Flight Attendant - Jet Engine Love Affair

For everyone's viewing pleasure, I figured I would pass along tihs brief compilation of photographs of various hosties from various airlines in various states of dress (or undress, as the case may be) positioned alongside various jet engines. I hope these photographs can be enjoyed for their artistic contributions as opposed to immediately being dismissed as exploitative.

Remember, all of these women posed on their own free will. God love 'em!

"There are no victims. Only volunteers."

Apparently this is what started it all

This pretty lass worked for PSA -- in reference to their stews, that was known to stand for Pure, Sober & Available!

A Braniff Hostie. They used to have a slogan, "If you've got it, flaunt it!" Way to go, Braniff! Too bad you're still not around . . .

Look! It's the Double-Mint Twins! Double your pleasure, double your fun!

Ah yes. There are certain advantages to flying smaller, private jets as opposed to the big commercial airlines. Namely, the flight attendant-to-passenger ratio is better!

What can we say about Ryanair that hasn't been said already? I mean besides the expletives! BTW, that's Edita Schindlerova in the purple bikini sitting on top of the jet engine. I think she's their most famous flight attendant.

These jet engines seem to be a favorite resting place for Ryanair flight attendants. The turbine blades must keep them cool on hot days while they're working on their tans.

Aye Carumba! Even the Mexican airline Viva Aerobus is getting in on the action! Muy bien!

Pity the poor flight attendants of the defunct Spanish airline Air Comet. They had to pose for a calendar to generate some income because their bankrupt employer stiffed them on their paychecks! Talk about REAL exploitation!

Not to be outdone by Aeroflot, the Ukranian airline Windrose also jumped on the hottie-flight-attendant-calendar bandwagon. It's so nice to see that the former USSR is embracing all the decadent things the West has been familiar with for decades!

Last edited by Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half; 08-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #2514
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobbyvince1159 is a legend of the hobby

Another first for Pan Am and the TravelQuality shot's got quality,the calendar from Aeroflot(and the Ukrainian) i'll try to get....

Last edited by vince1159; 08-10-2010 at 02:52 PM.
vince1159 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #2515
RJ Captain

Dudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting startedDudishdanny is getting started

I'm not sure tanning yourself on a jet engine 30,000+ ft high is a good idea... i'm sure her looks will bypass that
Dudishdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #2516
Operations Director

Captain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dogCaptain Wahoo is a top dog

I never realized Jay was such a stud! Maybe moreso than you Doc!

If you love something let it go, if it doesn't come back, track it down and kill it.
Captain Wahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:58 AM   #2517
Operations Director

I am sorry I didn't get my reply off last night as intended - many new posts to reply to since so I will modify and summarise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post

Thumbs up!
Thanks for the great vid - it dispels forever the myth of the cold Germanic stew. I really loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabin_Secure View Post
WRT to the 'Aeroflot' pics... I've stood for a photo in the engine like that* and no cardboard was required... merely an instruction from the captain to stand slightly on my toes so as to keep the weight off my heels.

More than likely the model was a bit finicky about slipping and falling out of the engine (girl doesn't know how to sit/stand in an engine, tsk tsk she's not a REAL hostie!!!) :p

*Would like to clarify I mean in that pose, not the without-clothes part, I'm a classy hostie not some trolley trash
I have really enjoyed the pics you've posted before and would love to see more. I have a huge collection of pics of hosties posing in engine nacelles. Not many Aussies though. I am sure you are right - she is not a real hostie. I was going to post a couple of pics last night but have been pipped at the post! If you can find some that you don't mind posting - bring them on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaps_Forty_And_One_Half View Post
For everyone's viewing pleasure, I figured I would pass along tihs brief compilation of photographs of various hosties from various airlines in various states of dress (or undress, as the case may be) positioned alongside various jet engines. I hope these photographs can be enjoyed for their artistic contributions as opposed to immediately being dismissed as exploitative.
Good compilation! Not the pics that I would personally have chosen - most have been shown before. I have been considering starting an "alternative hosties thread" within Vintage Wings to showcase the pics that really don't belong here. The Air Comet calendar has made me think about doing this again. I have a lot of other pics that can never be shown here or could be but would detract. Perhaps I might still run a mini-thread dedicated to engine photos - it's been on my to-do list for a while. A twins min-thread is also in the mix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Another first for Pan Am
Yes, and no!

The earliest shots I have of air hostesses posing in engine nacelles hail from the 1960's. Pure jets were introduced into service in the late 1950's. Some - such as the Comet and Caravelle - did not have underwing nacelles that lent themselves to these sort of photos. The B707's and DC-8's were the first to feature. I guess that in those days, most of those elegant ladies of the skies would have considered that sort of thing inappropriate. By the late 60's, attitudes were becoming more relaxed and by the 70's these photos were very commonplace.

Although the Pan Am stew featured above was one of the earliest shots, by my reckoning it was not the photo that started the trend. Here is an earlier shot, again in a DC-8 and again a Pan American Airways hostess though. If anyone has an earlier photo - please post it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wahoo View Post
I never realized Jay was such a stud! Maybe moreso than you Doc!
I'm shattered Cap!!!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #2518
Operations Director

Today, from Czechoslovakia, CSA Czech Airlines...

Old 08-11-2010, 07:35 AM   #2519
ATP Captain

matt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobbymatt109 is a legend of the hobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdoc View Post
Today, from Czechoslovakia, CSA Czech Airlines...
Don't you mean Czech Republic, Sir - unless the photo was taken before the 1st Jan 1993?

For Sale | My Collection
matt109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:10 AM   #2520
Operations Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt109 View Post
Don't you mean Czech Republic, Sir - unless the photo was taken before the 1st Jan 1993?
Forgive me - I'm old. I think the uniform dates from the mid 90's.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: