Ebay seller problem. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Ground Control > General Squawk Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #1
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor
Ebay seller problem.

Hello everyone, I will try to make this short. Some days ago I purchased a plane model on ebay requesting a DHL Intl Paket (and offering to pay for it via paypal) shipment, a few minutes later I placed the order. I chose this because Italian post are veeery slow and I am starting university again next week. As a surprise the following day the item is shipped via normal post without even a reply to my email. Italian Post is bad internationally, but I received a model from within Rome, where I live in a day and it wasn't even tracked. Anyway, now the item is stuck in Milan and I have sent an email to the seller saying I am upset about it, without threatening with a bad review or such and I get the rudest email saying it's my fault and that I should have said (which I did...). NOT even a sorry, just accuses and basically she told me it's my business now. What do you think? How would you react? Thanks for your answers.
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor
Re: Ebay seller problem.

Waiting for a response!
Old 02-16-2017, 08:08 PM   #3
Senior Collector

Albert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast iconAlbert is a diecast icon

How do you know the model is stuck in Milan? Not much you can do but wait til it arrives. If it doesn't, open a case against the seller asking for a refund as 'non received'. If you have copies of your e.mail message, you can use that in your case. Also negative feedback can warn others about the seller. Good Luck!

Old 02-16-2017, 08:20 PM   #4
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
How do you know the model is stuck in Milan? Not much you can do but wait til it arrives. If it doesn't, open a case against the seller asking for a refund as 'non received'. If you have copies of your e.mail message, you can use that in your case. Also negative feedback can warn others about the seller. Good Luck!
Hello, thanks for your answer. I forgot to mention the seller is German, and through Italian post website I tracked the model and it has been in Milan's customs for days... had the model been shipped as requested this wouldn't have happened. It's just I knew it would have taken a long time and I don't feel like play dirty but I should really give a bad feedback, despite they gave me a good one, she has insulted me after all, said it was my fault and not even apologised after not even accepting the truth I emailed her my preferences first. Unfortunately she has a lot of good reviews... so I am destined to suffer!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
Flyin' High

Robin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dog

You'll have to give stars based on your experience with some things. I thinks there is also one about mail contact. Just give the seller one star for that .

For the rest, do what Albert said.

You could always give neutral or negative feedback as well
Old 02-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #6
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dog

I can't see what the problem is,i don't know what ebay is in Italy but in the UK it's an estimated date for delivery so i always give it an extra few days before worrying and i've had sellers send items differently in the past because it's easier for them and me in some cases....You said they've already left you feedback so don't worry (i'm still waiting for feedback from two weeks after the item arrived!)...Patience...

1939 - 2011
vince1159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:10 PM   #7
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
I can't see what the problem is,i don't know what ebay is in Italy but in the UK it's an estimated date for delivery so i always give it an extra few days before worrying and i've had sellers send items differently in the past because it's easier for them and me in some cases....You said they've already left you feedback so don't worry (i'm still waiting for feedback from two weeks after the item arrived!)...Patience...
It's just that I asked for DHL (which is the easiest thing to do in DE), and got a slower shipment which I can't afford in terms of timing because I won't be able to be home next week.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:16 PM   #8
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
It's just that I asked for DHL (which is the easiest thing to do in DE), and got a slower shipment which I can't afford in terms of timing because I won't be able to be home next week.
Did you selected the shipping method or just asked the seller for it? Ebay rules says:
Quote:
Selecting your shipping method
You can select your shipping method in the Order Details section on the Review Your Item page. Click the Show all shipping options link next to the Shipping heading. Up to 3 different shipping options may be available for each item. The cost and estimated delivery times are displayed for each shipping option.
So if you just "asked" the seller for DHL instead of the option proposed by Ebay you'll have no rights ro open a case against the seller

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #9
Master ATP Captain

vince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dogvince1159 is a top dog

Quote:
Is it a business or private seller...

1939 - 2011

Last edited by vince1159; 02-17-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:01 PM   #10
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1159 View Post
Is it a business or private seller...
I think it's a business.
Old 02-18-2017, 01:57 AM   #11
Master ATP Captain

Quote:
I think it's a business.
Perhaps they have a contract with someone,have you got a mate or neighbour that could look after it when it's delivered if you're away...

1939 - 2011
Old 02-18-2017, 03:56 AM   #12
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

I agree with Wingslover. Unless they offered DHL you don't really have a case. If you messaged them before and they agreed to send DHL then yes but otherwise the seller is correct.
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Buy from me and I will always honour your wish for the type of delivery service you want. Ad knowing that the Italian Government needs and wants taxes, your purchase price simply gets reduced on the customs form!
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #14
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpaYVR View Post
Buy from me and I will always honour your wish for the type of delivery service you want. Ad knowing that the Italian Government needs and wants taxes, your purchase price simply gets reduced on the customs form!
Wow! What's your account? I am waiting for March as I bought far too many models this month!
Old 02-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #15
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Quote:
Wow! What's your account? I am waiting for March as I bought far too many models this month!
I just listed a bunch of models under buy & sell

March is good as I will be in Florida so depending on timing I can ship through DHL from Canada or USA which ever is cheaper for you.
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: