Robin's collection! - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
Flyin' High

Robin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dog
Robin's collection!

Hello,

Last year October, I started this hobby of collecting 1:500 scale model aircraft. I got 3 models for my birthday, and quite quickly after that, I knew that I wanted to go a bit further and build an airport diorama.

Almost a year later, I now have 23 models . I just started building my airport diorama. It's not gonna be special or what, I just bought the airport set from Herpa with the buildings and I bought the ground foil.

I figured this is about the right to start making my "Collection post". Of course I will be adding more and more models to my collection and I will be keeping this thread up to date with all the new arrivals I will be getting in the future.

Almost all my models up till now are bought from the AviationMegaStore in Amsterdam... With a few exceptions.

Cheers and happy collecting!
Robin Wallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
Flyin' High

Robin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dogRobin Wallet is a top dog
Re: Robin's collection!

This is the first part of this collection thread:

I've gotten all these models before I started this thread so I will put the images in order of dates I got them as far as I can remember.

Air New Zealand 777-300ER, "Desolation of Smaug" livery

Emirates A380-800, "Expo 2020" livery

Air Berlin DHC-8-Q400

Virgin Atlantic A340-600
Unfortunately, it's left vertical stabilizer fell off, will need to fix that

Air New Zealand A320, "Lord of the Rings Arwen & Eowyn" livery

Swiss Air A320
Unfortunately, it's right vertical stabilizer fell off here too, will need to fix that again...

Air Berlin A330-200

Etihad A340-600

KLM 737-800

Finnair A340-300, "Angry Birds" livery

Air New Zealand 787-9, "All Blacks" livery
Got this one for Christmas 2014 from my parents

Air New Zealand A320

That's all for this part. Stay tuned for the next part!
Cheers and happy collecting

Last edited by Robin Wallet; 08-18-2015 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
Roaring into the clouds

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog

Starting off with a good fleet. The Air New Zealand livery looks great on the A320SL.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
Flyin' High

Welcome to part 2 of this collection thread! I got these models before I started this thread!

Southwest Airlines 737-200, 1970's colors
Got this model for Christmas 2014 from my brother

Qatar Airways 787-8

TUIfly 737-800, "DB Air Two" Livery

TUIfly 737-800, "DB Air One" livery

TUIfly 737-800, "Haribo GoldbAIR" livery

Arkefly 787-8

KLM Embraer 190, New livery

British Airways Concorde

TNT Cargo BAe 146-300

Virgin Atlantic A340-600
My second one of these!

Dreamlifter 747-400LCF
Love this one

That's the end of this part!! Stay tuned for more new arrivals

Cheers and happy collecting!

Last edited by Robin Wallet; 08-19-2015 at 03:40 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #5
Flyin' High

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Starting off with a good fleet. The Air New Zealand livery looks great on the A320SL.
Thank you

I really like the liveries of Air New Zealand in general
Old 08-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
Roaring into the clouds

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog

The Qatari is a desperately needed model here.. You don't even want to know..
Old 08-18-2015, 04:00 PM   #7
Flyin' High

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The Qatari is a desperately needed model here.. You don't even want to know..
You mean the 787?

Old 08-18-2015, 04:33 PM   #8
RJ Captain

Kmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Wallet View Post
You mean the 787?
Great start up, bud. And yes he means the Qatar 787. Also desperately wanted here. Nice touch with the Southwest too!
Kmonaghen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:35 PM   #9
Flyin' High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmonaghen View Post
Great start up, bud. And yes he means the Qatar 787. Also desperately wanted here. Nice touch with the Southwest too!
I was quite lucky with the 787, got it at a model-train shop in Rotterdam. It was the last one in stock. Is it rare?

I like the Southwest 737. The only classic in my collection

Last edited by Robin Wallet; 08-18-2015 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #10
Sympathy for the devil 😈

Wingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dogWingslover is a top dog

Hey!

Nice collection and nicep ics! Can you also show us your airport?

Ps: I didn't knew the Qatar 788 was rare

My collection: http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/...usselsairlines
Wingslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #11
Flyin' High

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Hey!

Will do that soon, still need to attach the gates to the main terminal.

I'm not sure if the 787 is rare though. I've seen a lot of people looking for it so I thought I'd ask

Old 08-18-2015, 06:35 PM   #12
RJ Captain

Kmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dogKmonaghen is a top dog

Quote:
I was quite lucky with the 787, got it at a model-train shop in Rotterdam. It was the last one in stock. Is it rare?

I like the Southwest 737. The only classic in my collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingslover View Post
Hey!

Quote:
Will do that soon, still need to attach the gates to the main terminal.

I'm not sure if the 787 is rare though. I've seen a lot of people looking for it so I thought I'd ask
Not sure if it has a "RARE" status yet but it definitely is hard to find considering everyone who has one doesn't want to part with it.
Kmonaghen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #13
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Lovely models and great pics! Always nice to see new collections here

PS: It's "787-8" and not "787-800"
Old 08-18-2015, 11:34 PM   #14
SpeedBirdOneThreeNine

solicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dogsolicitor82 is a top dog

wonderful variety of models you have in your fleet, Robin...love the ANZ, Emirates, Virgin, KLM, Qatar but my fav has to be the...British Airways Concorde...what a masterpiece, I miss her in the skies!!!
solicitor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #15
RJ Captain

NKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciatedNKLSP is appreciated

What a lovely collection you have! Lucky that you have two of the Virgin A346. I must agree though that the Qatar B788 is quite hard to find nowadays. Been searching for that for a while now and still haven't gotten one.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: