1:500 Errors - Page 8 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #106
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor
Re: 1:500 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
That's because the wings are attached laterally instead of vertically. I wouldn't call it an error.

The engines are seperate parts, so the seam there is unavoidable.
If that's the price to pay for the improvements, then I'll pay it gladly!
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2017, 09:08 PM   #107
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

I really don't mind that and I thought that gap was there because of the flaps! How can the go down without touching the fuselage?

Anyway, that really don't bother me
Old 01-12-2017, 09:16 PM   #108
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
I really don't mind that and I thought that gap was there because of the flaps! How can the go down without touching the fuselage?
I think that's part of it anyway.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #109
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Well, they clearly go down in real life and on other models! ;-)
Old 01-12-2017, 10:18 PM   #110
Earning My Wings

ragefury32 is flying under the radar

Not sure if this is an error, or just a really bad design decision, but check out the really sloppy wing-fuselage join on the Hogan Cathay new livery B777-367ER (B-KPM)...

Big ugly seam running down the plastron - in comparison, the Herpa AF 777-238ER has none of that...

Hey - even the 8 USD F-Toys B777-281 doesn't have that ugly wing-fuselage join problem.

The odd thing is that the new Cathay Dragon A330 from Hogan does not have the same issue...

However, it does have some weird anti-gravity induction silver painted-on nozzle on its engine pod rather than a real engine nozzle with, oh, I dunno, a nozzle on it...

ragefury32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 PM   #111

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

The Cathay is not really an error... it's simply because the wings are not laterally inserted.
Same goes for many other earlier models.

Herpa uses an updated version of Hogan's 777 mould.
Herpa used to have the Hogan mould (777 NG1), but have developed the new mould later.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:32 AM   #112
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
That's because the wings are attached laterally instead of vertically. I wouldn't call it an error.
Is it then a error if the wing on my American 787 keeps falling out?
FlyingFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:04 AM   #113
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFan1 View Post
Now that we're used to the laterally inserted wings the old ones just look horrible and bulky, and they are - especially on airbuses, the central part is larger than it should be.
Old 01-13-2017, 10:26 AM   #114
Roaring into the clouds

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog

Quote:
The errors in this thread are mostly livery wise, e.g. incorrect painting of patterns or colours
Old 01-13-2017, 11:32 AM   #115
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
The errors in this thread are mostly livery wise, e.g. incorrect painting of patterns or colours
Well that wasn't specified, but just assumable...
Old 01-13-2017, 11:46 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchCollector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
Well that wasn't specified, but just assumable...
Yes, most of the mistakes here are actually production mistakes:

Gears placed backwards, printing errors (typos, missing windows or doors, missing registrations, etc), wrong engines, wrong moulds, etc.

Seamlines which are present in all the models of a specific release (for example: Hogan Cathay 777 have seamlines under the wings because they're not laterally inserted) are NOT mistakes
Old 01-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #117
Earning My Wings

ragefury32 is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Yes, most of the mistakes here are actually production mistakes:

Gears placed backwards, printing errors (typos, missing windows or doors, missing registrations, etc), wrong engines, wrong moulds, etc.

Seamlines which are present in all the models of a specific release (for example: Hogan Cathay 777 have seamlines under the wings because they're not laterally inserted) are NOT mistakes
Well, the Cathay 777 wing-fuselage join seamline is not a mistake, it's more like a bad design decision. Of course, I've seen the same Hogan planes with little sprue shards off the landing gear (which BTW has issues with the wheels falling off the bogie in the latest batches) and streak marks on the engine cows.

Goddammit, CX. Can't you lean on Hogan and complain about the sloppy handiwork? When I saw the much better work done by Aero 500 on the new livery 777-367ER my heart sank.
ragefury32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:03 PM   #118
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog

Quote:
Now, that is something i would call an error. But as Leo pointed out, even though it's not very obvious, it's not that kind of error that this thread is about.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: