3D Printing - Page 7 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:39 AM   #91
RJ First Officer

c5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast icon
Re: 3D Printing

So have a hopefully nice weekend, Adam.

As the cost of postage also plays into this thing: Where is your company based? I don't quite understand your entry "Home City - France; Home Country - Ireland".

The "Inner Leaf" webpage tells me you are situated in Bristol, is that correct?

Christoph
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #92
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5maier View Post
So have a hopefully nice weekend, Adam.

As the cost of postage also plays into this thing: Where is your company based? I don't quite understand your entry "Home City - France; Home Country - Ireland".

The "Inner Leaf" webpage tells me you are situated in Bristol, is that correct?

Christoph
Postage costs will depend on several factors including your location, what you order (quantity) but must importantly on whether 3D Printing alone are offered or if we need to decal them or provide decals. Yes we are based in Bristol in England. Once we have ironed out what we can offer we can finalise postage costs but for all 3D Printed parts we would work with a printing company that's offers the best overall quality and price which will likely be international printing houses who have fixed postage costs. Once the Saab is complete I will use that as a test bed to explain printing costs, postage costs etc for all products.
3DPrinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #93
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon

I would love a 3D scanner too. So I can just copy models... Not that far away, technology is already here...

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 05:43 AM   #94
Master ATP Captain

lollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top doglollomz is a top dog

Very interesting, I'll wait for the finished SAAB.

Lollo

lollomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #95
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPrinting View Post
What are the size of the square cylinders you need? We could model them and make them available to you in whatever size or length you need.
Exactly the same size as those on the Herpa jetways. However, I would very much prefer ready-made jetways rather than assembling them myself at this point in time. It would take much time and effort having to construct a hinged structure at both ends.

I guess you can use the dimensions of the existing Herpa jetways and model them after the 1:400 Gemini ones.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #96
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor

Hi Everyone,
Here are the first two digital images of the two main materials that we are looking to print in.

Image 01: The first image is for a material called FUD (Frosted Ultra Detail) which is a high detail material, slightly fragile and translucent. This would need a thin coat of primer (White is recommended) to bring out the details as its hard to see them due to the nature of the material.

Image 02: This image is for the second material we like for this project, called WD (White Detail). For parts like the propellers etc it needs to be chunkier than the FUD but is slightly stronger. It is also available in black.
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-saab-2000-fud-001.jpg   3D Printing-saab-2000-ws-001.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #97
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog

While you have done a great job on the model, i still think the best idea would be to keep the fuselage blank, meaning no windows or doors. Just for the sake of making painting them and decaling them easier. I know others might disagree with me.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #98
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

I agree with Oskar. I don't think the 3D cockpit windows are good. I would leave the doors and windows off allowing decals to be used for those features. I like the progress though.
Citiflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #99
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight fan View Post
While you have done a great job on the model, i still think the best idea would be to keep the fuselage blank, meaning no windows or doors. Just for the sake of making painting them and decaling them easier. I know others might disagree with me.
Ok, we can make a fourth option available to everyone and that is a model without the detail as you have described, just with a blank canvas. I will upload an image of that later today.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #100
RJ Captain

SAAB 2000 Prices:
I have done my best to keep these prices reasonable based on the hours spent modeling the plane, the cost to 3D Print the items and the postage costs.

Non - Colour Offer:

I would like to offer non-colour, non-decal models of the SAAB 2000 as follows (I am looking into the cost of the other colour options including decal tampo printing but do not have any fixed answers yet from suppliers). The prices below are based on either of the planes shown in the images above as well as the option of removing the detail so people can decal them themselves. All prices are in € (Euro).

SAAB 2000 @ 1/500 Scale:

Printing (excluding postage, see below)
1 x Model in either FUD or White Detail - €20 (approximate)
3 x Model in any one material - €30 (approximate)

(as you can see its almost the same price to order 1 as to order 3 as the printing companies charge a start up fee for every order so buying three at the same time is cheaper than buying them separately).

Postage:
Postage is the same regardless of the number of models you buy and is set by the printing company, not us. All prices exclude VAT and Sales Tax (allow about 20% on top of the figures below)

United States
$6.50 Standard (3-5 Business Days)
$9.50 Two-Day (2 Business Days)
$15.50 Next-Day (1 Business Day)

Canada
$11.50 USPS First-Class - no brokerage fees (2-8 Business Days)

Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg
$6.50

All other EU countries, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Vatican, Andorra, Liechtenstein
$9.50

Rest of World
$19.99

Please let me know what you think, as always I welcome feedback.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #101
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
I agree with Oskar. I don't think the 3D cockpit windows are good. I would leave the doors and windows off allowing decals to be used for those features. I like the progress though.
We will recess the cockpit windows to match the other windows for this type of model.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:45 PM   #102
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Here are some DB entries of the jetways, for your reference:
Gemini Jets 1:400 Airport Accessories Airport Jetways - Wings900 ID# 111

Herpa 1:500 Airport Accessories Airport Jetways - Wings900 ID# 309

Hopefully you consider making them in 1/500 scale!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #103
RJ Captain

Hi Everyone,
We have made an alternative model (no windows or doors) and updated the cockpit windows. Hope its better now.
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-saab-2000-ws-010.jpg   3D Printing-saab-2000-ws-011.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #104
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPrinting View Post
Hi Everyone,
We have made an alternative model (no windows or doors) and updated the cockpit windows. Hope its better now.
Looks great, but I think you should get rid of the line around the nose, too. May be it's just me but it reminds me of...
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #105
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmu69 View Post
Looks great, but I think you should get rid of the line around the nose, too. May be it's just me but it reminds me of...
No problem, we can do that. Did you have a chance to ready our message about prices? Would love feedback on that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: