3D Printing - Page 64 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:15 AM   #946
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor
Re: 3D Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8900 View Post
You can take a look how the 3D-print will look like - I attached a screenshot to clarify what I mean The [x2] means that you'll get two models, the [A] means that they come assembled - [S] would be for sprues
Thanks for explaining
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2016, 03:57 PM   #947
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Hi, I'm sure I saw, at some point, on the forum, some discussion/instructions on how to prepare the 3D printed models for painting. I've been through this thread, assuming it was here, but cannot find the instructions. Could someone point me in the right direction, was it a different thread?

Thanks in advance.
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:18 PM   #948
Second Officer

Mumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..airman View Post
Hi, I'm sure I saw, at some point, on the forum, some discussion/instructions on how to prepare the 3D printed models for painting. I've been through this thread, assuming it was here, but cannot find the instructions. Could someone point me in the right direction, was it a different thread?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

It's in this thread, page 59 and reply #874, see the links.

http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-sca...tml#post814786

This is the shapeways site for these instructions:

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/archi...1a92137e5002ff

Old 12-11-2016, 08:12 AM   #949
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Thanks Mumrik....saved to favs now.
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #950
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor
3D Printing - £5 per Model

1:500 3D Printed Models £5 Each (More than 50% cheaper than Shapeways)

Hey everyone, after alot of trial and error we finally got ourselves a printer and are able to use it for these models. We can now offer our own 3D Printing Service for all models in 1:500 (£5 each) 1:400 (£5 each) and 1:200 Scale (£10-£15 max each).
  1. We offer each aircraft in White or Black. White prints in 50 Microns (Shapeways print in 30 Microns) and the Black prints in 25 Microns.
  2. All models will arrive on a support lattice which you need to remove yourself (Carefully with a pinchers).
  3. Minimum order is £50
  4. Postage is the same as shapways (£10 per order flat rate regardless of where you are in the world).

Please email me directly on adam@inner-leaf.com with your orders until such time as I get a shop up and running.

Photos to follow of how our test models printed but I can guarantee they are exceptional quality.
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-image1-1-.jpg   3D Printing-image2-1-.jpg   3D Printing-black2.jpg   3D Printing-image3-1-.jpg  

Last edited by 3DPrinting; 02-22-2017 at 02:49 PM.
3DPrinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:22 PM   #951
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Am I missing something here? I don't think I get it

So...
all 1:500 models are now costing £5 each, but I have to spend at least £50 (10 models)?

What if I wanted to buy less than 10 models?
Old 02-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #952
Second Officer

Citiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast iconCitiflyer is a diecast icon

They look good. At least I would think they will look good in white. The problem is the minimum order. I wouldn't want to spend £50 in the first instance not knowing how good the items are.

I'd order perhaps two and then I would know whether they stand correctly and dont break when removing them from the excess. It's a bit of a difference between £20 (for two incl. postage) and £60.
Citiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #953
RJ Captain

Ranger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributorRanger is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citiflyer View Post
They look good. At least I would think they will look good in white. The problem is the minimum order. I wouldn't want to spend £50 in the first instance not knowing how good the items are.

I'd order perhaps two and then I would know whether they stand correctly and dont break when removing them from the excess. It's a bit of a difference between £20 (for two incl. postage) and £60.
I totally agree, most of us will find the minimum order a big turn-off and I don't like the sound of a fiddly process to seperate the models!

Finally what does the micron count mean, would these be better or worse quality than the Shapeways models?
Old 02-23-2017, 04:29 AM   #954
RJ Captain

Replies:

1. The minimum order was to allow everyone to get the best value for money. To achieve this price of £5 per model we need to be able to print about 25 aircraft at once (factoring the cost of the material, cost to run the printer etc). However if people want to place smaller orders please get in touch, as I wrote I am free on my email address to reply to any questions you have.

2. Black V White. Black is the best material you can print in for surface finish and quality. It prints at 25 micron layers (40 layers per mm). Shapeways prints in 36 layers. The lower the layer number the stronger and better quality the models are. The White material prints in 50 Micron Layers. Its unlikely you will notice the difference between the white and black from a visual perspective.

Quality: It should be noted that all of the materials are better quality than Shapeways because we print using a different printer and a different printer method so the surface finish on all of our models regardless if they are white/grey/black or clear (we can print in all of those so please ask if you prefer one over the others) will be better surface finish.

3. Support Material - If you don't want them then let me know when you place your order and I can remove them. For aircraft with propellors you will need to remove them yourself as its not possible to ship them intact (propellors are too fragile) but for all other aircraft then its not problem for me to remove them for you.

4. Postage - I am happy to price the postage on an order by order basis as I know some of you are here in the UK with me so postage is alot less than say posting to Europe or USA etc. As I say just get in touch and we can find the best solution.

Last edited by 3DPrinting; 02-23-2017 at 05:00 AM.
3DPrinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 AM   #955
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

I have another question:

Is there a list of models you are able to print or a website where I can see how they look like?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 AM   #956
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFan1 View Post
I have another question:

Is there a list of models you are able to print or a website where I can see how they look like?
All of our models are currently for sale on our shapeways shop so you can see our catalogue. If you wish to order them however please order directly through us rather than shapeways so we can print on our machine and you save about 50% on the shapeways prices.
https://www.shapeways.com/shops/prin...l+Aircraft&s=0
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #957
RJ Captain

More Photos
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-image1-3-.jpg   3D Printing-image2-3-.jpg  
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #958
RJ Captain

Thanks

Just a quick thank you to everyone who has placed orders with us, I am impressed by the response this has received and look forward to getting your orders shipped as soon as they are ready.
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #959
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Are models still available in sprues? Or they will always come assembled now?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: