3D Printing - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #76
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor
Re: 3D Printing

P.s.s Of course cost will be a factor but just to get an idea of interest from people please bare with me with this question.
3DPrinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #77
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike21 View Post
Sorry Oskar that's what i meant but it would Apeal more to me being a freighter.
Ah, ok. I was starting to think there was some kind of external differance between them.
CEO of Moscow Dedovsk International Airport
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #78
Guten Tag!

elkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributorelkiboy6 is a good contributor

I just want a few Saab 2000's in an all white livery. That's so I can customize them...

What I have been doing
elkiboy6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #79
Glider pilot

DreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributorDreamlinerAviation is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkiboy6 View Post
I just want a few Saab 2000's in an all white livery. That's so I can customize them...
Me too!
DreamlinerAviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #80
Second Officer

jkwan12345 is flying under the radarjkwan12345 is flying under the radar

3d printing is a pretty neat technology. Attached are a few pics of the a320/319 I've worked on. The pictures show the model in the unpolished state, then polished, then with a test decal. I think they look pretty good and close to an a320.

One a319 is painted in a grey primer, with another coat of white.
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-image.jpg  
1:500 Wishlist:

1. United 744 Battleship
2. jetBlue erj-190
3. Virgin America
4. Jetstar A320
6. fronteir a319
jkwan12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #81
Second Officer

Here is the picture of the raw model
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-image.jpg  

1. United 744 Battleship
2. jetBlue erj-190
3. Virgin America
4. Jetstar A320
6. fronteir a319
Old 12-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #82
Second Officer

Looks pretty close, any advice on its shape of the nose is welcome
Attached Thumbnails
3D Printing-image.jpg  

1. United 744 Battleship
2. jetBlue erj-190
3. Virgin America
4. Jetstar A320
6. fronteir a319
Old 12-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #83
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPrinting View Post
The A380 jetway would be no problem. Would you be able to direct me to a site that would have the dimensions so we can model it accurately?
I will have to look into this, and will post when I find such site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomek-czarnyszewicz View Post
I guess to make particular A380 jetways doesn't have a sence. If they will be made in shape of Heathrow or Frankfurt or any other airport, than people wouldn't use them on their fantasy airports.
Or you want to do few different designs, to be sold as sets for designated aiports.

Several things:
1) I am very much in favor of generic jetways. This way they can be customized with some decals to look like glass jetways:

or just paint them to a custom color:

You can also make them with a "ribbed" texture, just like Herpa's generic jetways:

2) I guess if you will make an A380-capable jetway, it would only make sense if you could offer it as a set, so that it will not look too different from the other two:

3) The current problem with Herpa's jetways is that they are of a fixed length and cannot be adjusted. It is quite unrealistic, not to mention hard to position on an airport layout. You have to build around its dimensions. In real life, you see jetways in all sorts of lengths to accommodate to the position of the doors it is servicing, relative to its attachment to the terminal:

The other thing that fixed-length jetways cannot do is to enable "double spot" parking for two small planes where only one jumbo can normally fit. Tokyo's Haneda international terminal has two double-spot parking to its left:

Lastly, the other GSEs that do not exist in the Herpa world, which I think is very important are the following:

1) A380 catering equipment:

2) mobile gates

3) airstairs that are adjustable:
http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-sca...tml#post218267

Looking forward to all your projects! And I hope you keep listening to us!
Old 12-03-2013, 03:46 AM   #84
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor

The beauty of 3D Printing is that we can customise any model to suit everyone so for example if we make an A380 jetway say 50mm long but someone wants one 68mm long we just update the file and print that. Making real world adjustable printed parts is possible but we prefer to make bespoke models of fixed sizes with no moving parts as its quicker for us and cheaper for you.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #85
RJ Captain

Also if some people want one a different height off the ground than our standard model just ask and we can update the original file.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #86
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

Quote:
The beauty of 3D Printing is that we can customise any model to suit everyone so for example if we make an A380 jetway say 50mm long but someone wants one 68mm long we just update the file and print that. Making real world adjustable printed parts is possible but we prefer to make bespoke models of fixed sizes with no moving parts as its quicker for us and cheaper for you.
Quote:
Also if some people want one a different height off the ground than our standard model just ask and we can update the original file.
Doing the jetways is very easy to make the adjustable in way of their high and lenght. The jetways suppose to be done from two pieces, one smaller that the other one just of thickness of the walls. The bigger and the thinner empty inside to keep light weight of them and better stability. Also "gears" could be done same way: two parts one tube or two tubes mounted undeneath of the jetway and one rod or frame with two rods with wheels.
Take a closer look what did Herpa and just do it better.

People will use different size of the planes at the gates and ordering new set of jetways, because they just change B737 to B777 at the gate make not sence, or the beg of jetways will have the price of beg of peanuts.

Still looking for 1/500 scale models:
- LOT Polish Airlines Ju-52 (SP-AKX) - sample from Herpa

Last edited by tomek-czarnyszewicz; 12-03-2013 at 04:12 AM.
tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:28 AM   #87
RJ Captain

Smile Re: 3D Printing

Quote:
Doing the jetways is very easy to make the adjustable in way of their high and lenght. The jetways suppose to be done from two pieces, one smaller that the other one just of thickness of the walls. The bigger and the thinner empty inside to keep light weight of them and better stability. Also "gears" could be done same way: two parts one tube or two tubes mounted undeneath of the jetway and one rod or frame with two rods with wheels.

People will use different size of the planes at the gates and ordering new set of jetways, because they just change B737 to B777 at the gate make not sence, or the beg of jetways will have the price of beg of peanuts.
Or we could do that
Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #88
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

Quote:

Exactly what I had in mind!

I had been scouting around for plastruct square cylinders but none of them match the dimensions of the current Herpa jetways. You only need to telescope two different sizes and presto, you have adjustable jetways!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #89
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikouki View Post
Exactly what I had in mind!

I had been scouting around for plastruct square cylinders but none of them match the dimensions of the current Herpa jetways. You only need to telescope two different sizes and presto, you have adjustable jetways!
What are the size of the square cylinders you need? We could model them and make them available to you in whatever size or length you need.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #90
RJ Captain

I will be away until Monday everyone so don't worry if I don't answer your queries before then. My guys are still working on the models in the meantime and hope to have some great images to show you all on Monday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: