3D Printing - Page 4 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #46
Roaring into the clouds

DutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dogDutchCollector is a top dog
Re: 3D Printing

Looks good, but I'm not 100% sure about the cockpit windows; But I leave that to the experts on the forum
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #47
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Oh wow, that looks amazing!!!
Just correct the cockpit windows and it will be even better.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #48
Captain

Eurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast icon

I suggest not to actually have the doors and cockpit windows included in the mould but apply them later (decals or tampo-printing)
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #49
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
I suggest not to actually have the doors and cockpit windows included in the mould but apply them later (decals or tampo-printing)
Agree 100%.

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #50
RJ Second Officer

HAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radar

@ Eurojet:

Exactly my thinking.

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #51
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
Agree 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAJ-09L View Post
@ Eurojet:

Exactly my thinking.

Agreed too. Otherwise it would look like the SCD on the 747 freighter of Herpa (the ones with open nose)...
Old 12-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #52
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAJ-09L View Post
I don“t know how the prototype will turn out, but judging from the rendering the cockpit window frames and the frames of the doors and the emergency exit may appear slightly too pronounced. (Maybe it`s just my impression...?)
We are building various levels of detail to suit different printing machines so this first one is a rough outline to get the massing of the plane correct. Once this is complete we then zoom in on the detail. With the Herpa models, from what I can see, all the details on the fuselage such as windows etc are painted on not embossed or engraved so for the full colour version we will possibly do the same or add that extra level of detail and emboss or engrave. We are working it out as we go along but thanks for you comments.
3DPrinting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:26 AM   #53
RJ Captain

3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor3DPrinting is a good contributor

Hi Everyone,
We are looking into how to get Tampo-Printing done in Europe, anyone have any good contacts that can help us out?
Old 12-01-2013, 05:35 AM   #54
RJ Captain

Hi,
If we could provide the models with decal paper of a particular livery, would people be able to apply their own or would people only be interested in buying with the decal paper already applied? Looking into Tamp Printing and it might be too expensive for such small runs.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #55
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPrinting View Post
Hi,
If we could provide the models with decal paper of a particular livery, would people be able to apply their own or would people only be interested in buying with the decal paper already applied? Looking into Tamp Printing and it might be too expensive for such small runs.
It would be fine for me if you would provide the model with decals. But would it come painted ? (Gears etc...)
Old 12-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #56
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
It would be fine for me if you would provide the model with decals. But would it come painted ? (Gears etc...)
By Painted do you mean a base coat, say a white or do you mean tamp printed and then provide the decals on top? We'd probably be able to do one or the other.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #57
Senior Captain

geosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top doggeosnail is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DPrinting View Post
By Painted do you mean a base coat, say a white or do you mean tamp printed and then provide the decals on top? We'd probably be able to do one or the other.
I mean like painted wings, black props and painted gear...
Old 12-01-2013, 06:01 AM   #58
Senior Captain

Also I would like to ask, if you could possibly 3D print me some designs when I supply you with a file? And what type of file would you accept?
Old 12-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #59
RJ Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by geosnail View Post
I mean like painted wings, black props and painted gear...
I think the colour of the models will be the key for most people so i am looking into this at the moment. Printing can achieve single colour (translucent or white/black) or full colour models but if Herpa is the level of quality people want then neither would be good enough so I would need to find a way to decal prints onto a white model or tampo print directly to the model.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #60
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

For me at the moment, I want more quality GSEs than a new plane type (although this would be good too). If adjustable jetways can be done in 1:400, why not in 1:500? Also, if cheap-o F-Toys can make adjustable stair trucks, then perhaps it can be done with slightly better quality? I bet all of these would sell like hotcakes!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: