Herpa breaking news. - Page 5 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:17 AM   #61
The Fourth Cycle

koukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributorkoukuugaisha is a good contributor
Re: Prayer to Herpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakfuki View Post
Nobody's ever going to be happy with this hobby, and that's the bottom line. One person loves British Airways, and the next person loves Ryanair (Although, I wouldn't be able to understand why. LOL). One person likes the detail of 1/500, but the next guy doesn't. What a lot of people haven't acknowledged is that detailing a 1/500 model like a 1/200 is impossible. If that's the detail and quality you want, then 1/500 isn't for you. StarJets was the best at detailing crap all the way down to little red arrows and black marks on the wings and fuselages. That's expensive to do, people. Herpa has made some with StarJets level detail only to turn around and make some that were lacking. There are enough crappy molds in other scales from other companies, too, you know? This isn't just a Herpa problem. If this were a bigger hobby, and was really important to more people than us, then they might, might, (one more time) might pay attention to our drivel. Until then, I'd really like to be able to get on Wings900, read people's stories, swap experiences, get pointers on building stuff, add stuff to my collection list, and be able to see what's coming out rather than reading about someone complaining and whining about Herpa not making them happy. It's always constant complaining week after week about Herpa not making a plane they wanted, or maybe an engine was a little too plump. Who cares? That's just how it is. They don't do it on purpose. There's only so much accuracy that can be achieved when stuff gets this small. I don't hate anybody on this site, or in this post in particular, but if you want to complain (and you think it will help; which it won't) then let's start our letter writing campaign to Herpa. Until then, folks, we're all complaining to one another, and not to the proper people. Until then, don't be all nerdy by telling people that the tailfin on a plane is the wrong angle by a millimeter. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. Then again, if you don't buy the "garbage" many on this site claims Herpa makes, then they're gonna stop making these planes after a while. Hell, I think that out of all the products Herpa makes, these planes are more trouble to them than the cars and trucks they produce (which are actually pretty damned good, I might add). Oh, and don't send me death threats over anything I say. LOL.
While I do agree that the amount of whining in this thread and in the message boards has recently been excessive (and I would like to point out, brought about by mostly one poster), I disagree with your opinion or suggestion of just keeping mum. What is the whole point of a FORUM anyway? People ought to be free to express an opinion - something that a manufacturer may (and not necessarily should, would, or even could) choose to adopt. Look at 400scalehangar. Believe it or not, manufacturers other than Herpa find these message boards quite helpful and functional. There is already a German forum somewhere, and I even recall Herpa having its own-hosted message board some years back. They DO recognize the NEED to stay IN TOUCH with collectors in some way. People here whine a LOT but are not heeded simply because the rest of the world, as opposed to Germany, is actually the smaller and minor market for Herpa. Not to mention the barrage of ideas that may or may not be deemed economically viable by the/ a company.

It is important to express an opinion. Opinions, when put together, lead to a forum. A forum may be an avenue to form a solution. Civilizations which have failed to write down their ideas for generations have merely put all their thoughts to waste, and have perished.

All those who have written down their suggestions to Herpa or otherwise on this thread have contributed to the forum, including you. Those who have kept quiet will forever hold their piece, and be reduced to an insignificant member. No one should prevent or muzzle another from expressing his own. And that's the pork right there for you!
koukuugaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2010, 06:32 AM   #62
RJ Captain

Sabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributorSabena747 is a good contributor

It's all down to economics: make them a cheap a possible and sell them as expensive as possible. People do have to live from it, and don't forget that Herpa is european firm with a relative high personel cost and the legal obligation to comply with copyright laws. We can deplore that, but that is just the way it is.

About the detail: Inflight500 (now almost disappeared from the market with some marginal releases over the last few months) and Aero500 can do it, probably because they save money on other aspects of the production.

Writing letters and whining won't help. As long as the majority of their potential customers keep buying stuff, they won't change. In fact, the big mistake lies in the distribution of the other brands. In Europe, only Herpa is visible in lots of shops. Other brands can only be found on the internet if you know where to look for them or in specialized shops. If another company would be able to break that monopoly that would help.

Furthermore: beauty is they eye of the beholder: I don't like the looks of the baby-busses, because the former onces were a lot better. But on the other hand, i buy the 737 mould, which isn't too great either. The DC-10 mould sucks too, but apparently lots of collectors don't find it that far off of the original.

So to conclude: buy what you like and leave what you dislike. I don't build an airport so that gives me the opportunity to display all kinds of scales. Sometimes i'm amased at the beauty of a regional jet by Herpa in 1:500 and appalled by the lack of detail on their 747s and 777. And at the same time I applaude the efforts of ************ in 1:400 scale for their great vintage planes yet sometimes curse them for screwing up a beautifull mould with the wrong markings ! I even started collecting 1:200 now, because for smaller aircraft like the AN-2 or the Viscount it just suites better.

All good things come to those who are patient!
Sabena747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #63
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dog
Thumbs up Re: Prayer to Herpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabena747 View Post
It's all down to economics: make them a cheap a possible and sell them as expensive as possible. People do have to live from it, and don't forget that Herpa is european firm with a relative high personel cost and the legal obligation to comply with Copyright laws. We can deplore that, but that is just the way it is.

About the detail: Inflight500 (now almost disappeared from the market with some marginal releases over the last few months) and Aero500 can do it, probably because they save money on other aspects of the production.

Writing letters and whining won't help. As long as the majority of their potential customers keep buying stuff, they won't change. In fact, the big mistake lies in the distribution of the other brands. In Europe, only Herpa is visible in lots of shops. Other brands can only be found on the internet if you know where to look for them or in specialized shops. If another company would be able to break that monopoly that would help.

Furthermore: beauty is they eye of the beholder: I don't like the looks of the baby-busses, because the former onces were a lot better. But on the other hand, i buy the 737 mould, which isn't too great either. The DC-10 mould sucks too, but apparently lots of collectors don't find it that far off of the original.

So to conclude: buy what you like and leave what you dislike. I don't build an airport so that gives me the opportunity to display all kinds of scales. Sometimes i'm amased at the beauty of a regional jet by Herpa in 1:500 and appalled by the lack of detail on their 747s and 777. And at the same time I applaude the efforts of ************ in 1:400 scale for their great vintage planes yet sometimes curse them for screwing up a beautifull mould with the wrong markings ! I even started collecting 1:200 now, because for smaller aircraft like the AN-2 or the Viscount it just suites better.
I've kept myself to answer to this thread until now. I totally agree with you in every point!

Quote:
All good things come to those who are patient!
Great! With this phrase I think this thread could be closed.

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #64
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

I agree with all of you: "be patient", "all good things come to those who are patient", "buy what you like and leave what you dislike", "we need of quality improvement", "airlines give money to Herpa and decide the models"...
...but i don't like to be passive and to see a bad situation going on. If i can do to change something, i will do. If there is a way to talk more and more, i will talk more and more. If we are able to vote Wings Club models and choose which model we will have, also if i don't like the votes and the decisions, i will accept it because the majority win. But why don't give votes also for the regular collection? Now we see the new issues four months before: why Herpa doesn't put in its site a forum where customers can vote the models? Give a big range of models, make it possible to vote, try to involve the clients, the customers, who give you a lot of money buying the models! I don't think to say something of strange, i want to be part of my hobby.
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #65
msn37709

RP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributorRP-C7777 is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post

Great! With this phrase I think this thread could be closed.
...And turn this message board into one big FARCE.
Old 06-24-2010, 08:08 PM   #66
Fleet Builder

Jakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributorJakfuki is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukuugaisha View Post
While I do agree that the amount of whining in this thread and in the message boards has recently been excessive (and I would like to point out, brought about by mostly one poster), I disagree with your opinion or suggestion of just keeping mum. What is the whole point of a FORUM anyway? People ought to be free to express an opinion - something that a manufacturer may (and not necessarily should, would, or even could) choose to adopt. Look at 400scalehangar. Believe it or not, manufacturers other than Herpa find these message boards quite helpful and functional. There is already a German forum somewhere, and I even recall Herpa having its own-hosted message board some years back. They DO recognize the NEED to stay IN TOUCH with collectors in some way. People here whine a LOT but are not heeded simply because the rest of the world, as opposed to Germany, is actually the smaller and minor market for Herpa. Not to mention the barrage of ideas that may or may not be deemed economically viable by the/ a company.

It is important to express an opinion. Opinions, when put together, lead to a forum. A forum may be an avenue to form a solution. Civilizations which have failed to write down their ideas for generations have merely put all their thoughts to waste, and have perished.

All those who have written down their suggestions to Herpa or otherwise on this thread have contributed to the forum, including you. Those who have kept quiet will forever hold their piece, and be reduced to an insignificant member. No one should prevent or muzzle another from expressing his own. And that's the pork right there for you!
While I do agree that opinions are important, nobody is using their 2-cents to actually do anything about their complaints. I'm just saying that everybody who complains about Herpa does nothing about it as a whole. I'm just tired of nothing but complaints everytime I get on here. True, I could just not read them, but there's a lot of posts that are disguised as something worthwhile only to find out someone hates Herpa again. Nobody is ever happy with the landing gears, the one panel line that only an anal retentive and an engineer would notice, and a plethora of other things that are always an issue. Nobody takes any action. But what would action do, really? Herpa does not care when they have planes selling out with every release. And yes, I have contributed to the forum. I just thought I'd say what was on my mind. It really wasn't meant to change the way things are done at Herpa. All I'm saying is that if WE are going to complain, then WE need to get something together, and present it to Herpa for all the good that will do. I doubt it will mean anything to them if WE tell them what we hate about their products, but people like me might be surprised if they did listen, and results were to be achieved. I'm not opposed to trying, but let's stop complaining and take action. Oh, and thanks for a thoughtful response rather than blasting me.
Jakfuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #67
RJ Captain

SalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributor

Quote:
While I do agree that opinions are important, nobody is using their 2-cents to actually do anything about their complaints. I'm just saying that everybody who complains about Herpa does nothing about it as a whole. I'm just tired of nothing but complaints everytime I get on here. True, I could just not read them, but there's a lot of posts that are disguised as something worthwhile only to find out someone hates Herpa again. Nobody is ever happy with the landing gears, the one panel line that only an anal retentive and an engineer would notice, and a plethora of other things that are always an issue. Nobody takes any action. But what would action do, really? Herpa does not care when they have planes selling out with every release. And yes, I have contributed to the forum. I just thought I'd say what was on my mind. It really wasn't meant to change the way things are done at Herpa. All I'm saying is that if WE are going to complain, then WE need to get something together, and present it to Herpa for all the good that will do. I doubt it will mean anything to them if WE tell them what we hate about their products, but people like me might be surprised if they did listen, and results were to be achieved. I'm not opposed to trying, but let's stop complaining and take action. Oh, and thanks for a thoughtful response rather than blasting me.
Calling all moderators, I think it is time we have a new message board section: a rant section, or wailing wall if you want to call it.

Seriously, we ought to have a separate section for it since there have been lots of gripes lately. It would be undemocratic to just shoot them down.
SalmonellaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #68
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I agree with all of you: "be patient", "all good things come to those who are patient", "buy what you like and leave what you dislike", "we need of quality improvement", "airlines give money to Herpa and decide the models"...
...but i don't like to be passive and to see a bad situation going on. If i can do to change something, i will do. If there is a way to talk more and more, i will talk more and more. If we are able to vote Wings Club models and choose which model we will have, also if i don't like the votes and the decisions, i will accept it because the majority win. But why don't give votes also for the regular collection? Now we see the new issues four months before: why Herpa doesn't put in its site a forum where customers can vote the models? Give a big range of models, make it possible to vote, try to involve the clients, the customers, who give you a lot of money buying the models! I don't think to say something of strange, i want to be part of my hobby.
Hey my friend, don't misjudge my post. Being patient isn't the same to being passive. If I was passive I would never made a single custom!!!
I've wrote it's time to close this thread because I've read too many of the SAME complaints (please don't take me wrong, nothing personal against you)! I'm very disappointed too about this dive in quality terms. I've already expressed my angry against those A32x moulds, Tristars 500 using wrong moulds, Bae 146-100 and -200 using -300 fuselage and so on...the list is long.
And I would very like to have more Latin American airlines, mainly brazilian ones. I would like to have more Star Alliance planes released. And my wishlist is huge. But this doesn't mean that I would complain over and over again. During all those months of "complaining threads" I've read many times the answer to this matter: bussiness.
I don't think someone who works for Herpa doesn't read our threads and wishlists, maybe Mr. Borgman already had read. And I cannot believe no one complained to him personally, for example in Dusseldorf Boerse, everytime I was there I saw him. I think Herpa has already been submerged by tons of e.mails bringing complaints, requests or wishlists. But this doesn't means that our requests would/could be satisfied, there's too many reasons, all summarised by one word: bussiness. For example: I've read somewhere that TAP does not give licence to release it's narrowbodies to Herpa so Herpa cannot release the A32X family, only the widebodies, altough in the past a pair of 737s were released. Other airlines ask very high licence fees, so it's not viable to make these planes at affordable prices, others agree with the condition the models being exclusively sold inflight, Herpa's cashcow is LH and other german airlines and so on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP-C7777 View Post
...And turn this message board into one big FARCE.
I totally disagree with you! Really exagerated from your part what you've written. Continuing complaining is useless to say the least, that's why I've wrote my oppinion about closing this thread, this not means to turn the message board into a farse.
It's much more useful to open a sticky thread where each one can write his/her complaints and oppinions (NOT wishlists - I'm sure wishlists are continuosly sent to Herpa) about the lose of quality or lack of airlines choices. When the sticky thread is full of answers from the W900 users then the link of the thread should be sent to Herpa, so someone there can read. And then wait PATIENTLY for the answer, instead of open another "complaining thread". Independent if the answer comes or not, I think anyone is mature enough to decide what to do: buy or not buy the models, switch to another scale or abbandon the hobby. It's only a matter of choice...

Old 06-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #69
RJ Captain

SalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributor

Either the mods DELETE this entire thread or keep it open and/ or make it a sticky, renamed as an "OPEN LETTER TO HERPA" or something like that.

Why close this thread? I really don't see the point. The action should either be of the above, delete or keep. @PT-TAA, you just contradicted yourself.
SalmonellaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #70
Doctor Custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonellaMD View Post
Either the mods DELETE this entire thread or keep it open and/ or make it a sticky, renamed as an "OPEN LETTER TO HERPA" or something like that.

Why close this thread? I really don't see the point. The action should either be of the above, delete or keep. @PT-TAA, you just contradicted yourself.
Contradicted? Why??...
In few words close this and open a sticky one, (I didn't know an already opened thread could be changed to sticky and/or renamed) ONLY that one and there write our oppinions and sugestions (NOT wish lists please!), when full of posts, send the link to Herpa, so we are sure they got our points. This I believe is the most useful way instead to open dozens of 'complaining threads', we've seen from some months till now.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #71
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

Don't worry Sergio, i think that to exchange opinions is the "salt" of our life, and then your opinions, and also your always "polite" and "whispered" disagreement, are always welcome! (This to say that many of us give very violent judgements on others and their opinions. Or,it happened to me, when they want to write some about you, judging a thread giving positive or negative vote, write "Troll" and for me it is a stupid thing because i don't understand what do they mean...). By the way: when there is a civil debate each thread is marvellous. I think that none can say to close a thread for ideological reasons, except the threads full of bad words or completely lacking respect for someone. Each thread is a wealth for us, for the others and for this forum, each single thread, also if you write only "Hello to everyone". And the freedom of expression is fundamental in our life.
SalmonellaMD: i agree also with you, this could become a sticky thread, with NO WISH LISTS, but like a way to give voice to us, to exprime our judgements and our positive or negative opinions about Herpa. Indeed i think that because Herpa is the biggest and most important 1:500 scale models manufacturer, is also very important to have a sticky thread about it!
For RP-C7777: why should we turn the message board into one big farce? What your idea is? I please you to write what you mean because sometime very few words can lead us to a misunderstanding.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-25-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:53 AM   #72
The Dark Side

Quote:
Understood that everyone can and must give his opinion and his judgement about what he is buying with a lot of money,
why you can vote about what Herpa Wings Club model must be produced and you can not vote for the regular collection? Or for part of the regular collection? Or for only ONE model of the regular collection? Herpa has produced marvellous models; Herpa is producing marvellous models; but Herpa is producing also awful models about the quality point of view, and Herpa is producing always, always, always the same airlines: i am tired to need to understand that it is a sponsor reason, a business reason and so on. WE PAY AND WE MUST GIVE OUR OPINION, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE. WE MUST GIVE OUR JUDGEMENT. WE MUST GIVE OUR SUGGESTIONS TO IMPROVE THE COLLECTION WE PAY FOR!
Also your opinion is welcome and it is extremely useful for our debate: really thanks my friend.

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-25-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #73
The Dark Side

Smile Herpa (good) answer.

Hi friends. Some weeks ago i have written a new letter to Herpa (Mr. Borgmann), because i was interested about Kras Air Il-86 and some Wings Club models, and i want to share with you the answer i have received.
Kras Air Il-86 () will be released for October/November.
About Wings Club models i asked if Air Algerie B737-800WL, Jet4You B737-400, Syrian B747SP and Royal Brunei A340-200 would be produced, and the answer is that "some of the models i have mentioned will be produced". I am happy about this answer, because "some" of four models is better that nothing. Clum models produced until now are: Pluna B737-200, Alaska B737-400, British Caledonian A310, Kras Air Il-86... Doing a fantasy game, Mr. Borgmann answer could means two or three models of my list produced: September/October and November/December issues (two models), plus the special free of charge model, and in this case three of the four mentioned models will be in our hands; but it also means that two models will be surely produced. And i love these four models, especially Air Algerie and Jet4You, because i think they are important for our 1:500 collection!

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 09-14-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #74
First Officer

Napoleon1072 is getting startedNapoleon1072 is getting startedNapoleon1072 is getting startedNapoleon1072 is getting startedNapoleon1072 is getting startedNapoleon1072 is getting started
Re: Herpa (good) answer.

Hopefully the air algerie will be one of those models. A great addition to any French airport.
- 1/400 Air France A320/321 Skyteam
Napoleon1072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #75
Puddle Jumper

Etihad is flying under the radar
Re: Herpa (good) answer.

Dear Charter,

thanks so much for your commitment.
For me I'll hope the Air Algerie, the Syrian and the Royal Brunei will be realized.

Grazie mille e tanti saluti

Jens
Etihad is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: