Herpa breaking news. - Page 3 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #31
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Re: A big letter for Herpa

I have not yet been answered by Herpa and i think this time i will not.
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2010, 07:25 AM   #32
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Prayer to Herpa

Hi friends. This is not a wish list, this is not a simple way to write something, i don't want to be redundant. I want to do a prayer to the 1:500 manufacturers and to Herpa (the most important meanufacturer) in particular:
Please, you live thanks to us, thanks to the customers, thanks to those who have a great passion and spend a lot of money for this passion, collecting!
Please, ask to your customers what kind of airplanes, airlines and liveries are the most wanted.
Please, try to plan the future together with your customers, asking what is better for you and for us collectors.
I repeat: you live thanks to our money, and i think you should listen our wishes and our technical advices.

I am writing here because many of us have written letters and e-mail to Herpa, and the answers were not always satisfactory; i know that Herpa (Mr. Borgmann) reads the posts of this forum, then i would really create a collaboration between us and Herpa. I think it would be a good thing for Herpa and for us: a collaboration by e-mail, by letters, by Dietenhofen if we organize a trip there, by pigeon... i don't know, we can find the way to walk together for a better future, for a better Herpa, for a better collection.
The situation today is not very good for Herpa and it is not very good for us customers: we have to find a solution to improve the quality,the number of airlines, liveries and models produced. Is real that there are part of our world without models: in particular China Mainland, Africa and South America. It is no more excusable and understandable. We have the strenght to change the things, at least we must try!

Subscrive to this thread if you agree, more we are more our voice is strong; i think this is one of the last attempts to seek collaboration with Herpa.
There are too many problems with normal issues, Wings Club models , "ghost" models (ex. SAA A340-200 and not only), there is much discontent among us, among the customers, the ways between customers (collectors) and Herpa are divergent, we do not more understand Herpa politic, so... try to find a solution together. Communication is important and useful for all!
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover

Last edited by Charter; 06-20-2010 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 AM   #33
Alaskan Bush Pilot

Deltaconnection96 needs to improve
Re: Prayer to Herpa

I completely agree. I would also like herpa to produce some more 1:400 scale models. Yes gemini is a good manufacturer but herpa seems to really pinpoint the accuracy! The few herpa 1:400s i have are mostly good like the JAL 777 and Continental 767-400. I would say the only bad model I have is the Northwest A319. This is because it easily overbalences from the back and tips upward. Thanks and good ideas!
Deltaconnection96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 07:47 AM   #34
ATP Captain

Canadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast iconCanadiankid is a diecast icon

agree. Herpa seem to make lots of yesterday series models, which are good if
you want to create this type of airport, but I have found many of us want the herpa collection to be with the now and less of these crappy moulds too.
Canadiankid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
Polish Wings collector

tomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dogtomek-czarnyszewicz is a top dog

What to add, just keep our tombs.
I hope that someone is reading it, not only from Herpa - but also from InFlight500, Hogan, Netmodels, 5Star, Jet-X, Sky500 and whoever else.
Not only reading but also doing something - finally it will bring the money to manufacturers and happiness to collectors.

And since that time they have life in peace.

Still looking for 1/500 scale models:
- LOT Polish Airlines Ju-52 (SP-AKX) - sample from Herpa
tomek-czarnyszewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:24 PM   #36
ATP Captain

Conventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dogConventi is a top dog

Dedicated collectors are one thing, the general public another. Herpa must please both sides, because they won´t sell most exotic aircraft/airlines to the average hobby shop customers who, for example, in Germany, are mostly used to Lufthansa, Condor, Air Berlin etc.
And let´s not forget that industry orders are very important to Herpa.
Conventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #37
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

While I'm not happy with Herpa right now, I really dont know how any sort of collaboration would work. Nor am I sure what you expect is possible. Representaives from herpa are fairly easily accessible and they claim to listen to collectors and thier wishes.

I do concur that its not entirly clear how much Herpa listens, it appears that they are fairly aloof of our issues, but then thats more of an opinion than a fact. Every once in a whille Herpa will pull through and do something, or release a model that is just prefect and clearly shows they have been listening. However this process works along the principle "One step forward, two steps back".

I would like a little more clear indication from herpa that they are listening, and not just randomly acting, and hoping that people willl buy the random stuff they make.

A problem is, is that its very difficult to say which models sell, which wont. Retailers complain all the time that its fairly random what sells. And even if we convince them to release certain types, like retro aircraft, props, or special liveries and hybrids, who is to say those will sell? There appears to be demand on the forums, but the forum is just a fraction of the hobby. At the end of the day, herpa needs to stay in business. Thus they work with licenses and contracts with the likes of lufthansa, hence so many models, because they bank when lufthansa orders bulk. The people who buy these the most are occasional (Gelegenheits) shoppers who have small collections, and prefer types they flew on. Thats what sells the best, thus herpa makes tons of European LCCs, to please small shoppers. There are only a handfull of us who have 100+ piece collections. I'm willing to bet that 90% of herpa customers have collections under 50 pieces.

Anyway, herpa has had a bad year. Very little of what they are offering appeals to me. They are turning towards worse and worse molds, and not doing anything about it. So not only are the offerings poor, they are undesireable on the count of thier bad quality.

The best thing that herpa could do to make me happy is to go back to previous moulds. I want them using hogan moulds again. I already wrote them about this, twice, in reference to the A320, but no reply and obviously nothings changed. If we can get them to aknowledge that this is an area where the collectors are unhappy and get them to take accounability for mistake of using said mould, but dumping it into the sea, and reviving the popular and perfect NGIII version, I would certainly consider it a success.

For me, the moulds are more important than whats on them, I am more inclined to buy a model that is beautifully made on a fine mould, than I am buying a model from an obscure carrier with bland livery on a terrible mould. I think the same axiom is true for occasional collectors as well.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #38
Як-40 Капитан

LOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dogLOT 737-300 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiankid View Post
agree. Herpa seem to make lots of yesterday series models, which are good if
you want to create this type of airport, but I have found many of us want the herpa collection to be with the now and less of these crappy moulds too.
Herpa did just what you wanted. Models that appealed largely to a younger (16 -) audience. Needless to say, it caused many to run off to 1:400. All these models I would like to buy released by herpa and others have made me thinking about starting to increase some more focus on 500 scale.

Either way, tons of "modern" models made by herpa out there too! In fact, looking at herpa's releases now, I'm happy that they finally got the message and balanced out the older stuff with newer stuff! You may not like it, but I'm sure the guy who collects older stuff is happy to have the chance to get some nice retro stuff, and you should be happy that you still see a nice mix of new stuff!

Now the only thing that hasn't made herpa 1:500 as attractive for me is the price, sometimes even outdoing a larger 1:400 scale of the same type from the likes of GJ, but with far less details (I don't know where that 50% increase in the price came from, but it certainly isn't too fun!) If it was back in the 2006 price range at the places I order from ($17-$25 per model), it would be far more attractive to me! Even then, I would also like to see all the printed detail that guys like IF500 and Aero500 can offer, and somehow at a lower price than herpa. As far as the releases that appeal to me go, the livery/mould choices are great, but the details that herpa fails to print as well as price makes me just wait for another version (be it a 1:400 or a cheaper one from the other guys) to come out.
LOT 737-300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #39
RJ Captain

SalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributorSalmonellaMD is a good contributor

I think overall, it is very nice to hear what other collectors think and how they feel about this and that model and about why this other one has not been released. This forum has been witness to many good ideas and suggestions. All of these ideas are there for the picking. But no one seems to heed them. Herpa certainly seems to ignore many of our suggestions. It just remains silent, and has been so all these years.

What if W900 and DAC both go silent? Silent about Herpa? Would Herpa be happy? What if Herpa found itself without its patrons? There is a saying that you realize the value of one thing only when you have lost it.

I propose that there be a 24-hour period of silence with regards to anything about Herpa on this forum. A blackout.
SalmonellaMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #40
The Dark Side

I am trying to do something to save our collection. I am trying to use this forum because i think it is the best "voice" for the collectors. I don't know if Herpa can (and want) communicate with Wings900 owners (and the owners want to create a link with Herpa) to create a space to vote and choose the future releases, to find a way making happy everyone! I would like a new way of diversifying production, for example:
low cost
charter
regular airlines
classics
old airplanes
yesterday
military
regional

Or:
wide bodies
narrow bodies
regional

i am trying to do something because our 1:500 collection is dying: Herpa is the only manufacturer and it is working in a very bad way, the other are disappearing (Easyjet B737-700, a good news, a good choice, something waited from most of us...were deleted!). I try to have ideas to save our collection, maybe i am wrong, maybe i am alone because you think that everything is not useful, because the situation is irreparable.
If herpa chooses to go for his street without listen the other, at the end he will be alone! (and we are very close to the end).

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #41
RJ First Officer

c5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast iconc5maier is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
I want to do a prayer to the 1:500 manufacturers and to Herpa (the most important meanufacturer) in particular
To be honest: I have a lot more faith in God listening to my prayers that in herpa.

Regarding the choice of which models to make, I can even understand their problem, Digital has explained it very well.

But their seeming ignorance concerning e.g. quality issues mentioned here is very frustrating and I would appreciate if they would openly contribute to this forum with some honest information on what is going on and what we can expect for the future. I think it would do them good. (And this comment is not solely addressed to herpa, but to other manufacturers as well.)
c5maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #42
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

I'd like to see from herpa more regional/cityjets and short haul planes like

Dash 8-Q400's
ERJ-170's
ERJ-190's
CRJ-700
Maybe starting to have CRJ-900NextGen's
ATR-42's
ATR-72's
Dornier 328 (Turboprop version)
RJ-100/BAe 146
A wider array of airlined for the A320 family
And maybe airlines with aircraft on order such as VA A330-300 and AC B787
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 06:31 AM   #43
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
I'd like to see from herpa more regional/cityjets and short haul planes like

Dash 8-Q400's
ERJ-170's
ERJ-190's
CRJ-700
Maybe starting to have CRJ-900NextGen's
ATR-42's
ATR-72's
Dornier 328 (Turboprop version)
RJ-100/BAe 146
A wider array of airlined for the A320 family
And maybe airlines with aircraft on order such as VA A330-300 and AC B787
Excuse me Easyjet: of course you can write whatever you want, but this is no a wish list thread, this is a thread about our problems with Herpa! If you write your wish list you denaturalize the thread, the problem and the eventual answers are no more the point!
P.S. For the wish list there are many other threads, including a sticky thread!

Charter airlines lover
Old 06-21-2010, 06:50 AM   #44
Easyjet

Easyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributorEasyjet is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Excuse me Easyjet: of course you can write whatever you want, but this is no a wish list thread, this is a thread about our problems with Herpa! If you write your wish list you denaturalize the thread, the problem and the eventual answers are no more the point!
P.S. For the wish list there are many other threads, including a sticky thread!
Sorry for putting it in the wrong thread, no need to bold it. Then why is it not called "Problems with herpa" ?
Easyjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #45
The Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyjet View Post
Sorry for putting it in the wrong thread, no need to bold it. Then why is it not called "Problems with herpa" ?
Because "a prayer to Herpa" is a step beyond, because our problem is not "a problem with Herpa"; our problem is that probably Herpa thinks that there are no problems with the collectors and with the models!

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: