Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-04-2011, 06:49 AM   #16
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dog
HERPA Scenix CARDBOARD diorama release of Munich airport

this is where you get a price feeling of the diorama!

A cardboard diorama from HERPA for up to 3 models in 1:500 scale.
It is a VERY nice idea of adding pieces of ready made airport with ground foil etc
How do you feel about the cardboard?

I had seen it in the Toy fair in Nuremberg and it looked pretty damn good! But I thought it was a preview
Old 08-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #17
Red Eagles!

Flight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dogFlight fan is a top dog
Re: HERPA Scenix CARDBOARD diorama release of Munich airport

For that price, i don't like it. But i could use those gates for my planned Moscow Dedovsk International(former Moscavia International).

My YouTube channel
My collection
Flight fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 AM   #18
Just give me wings!

ALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dogALEXAKOS is a top dog
Re: HERPA Scenix CARDBOARD diorama release of Munich airport

It's not expensive considering the cost of other solutions to a diorama. I don't suppose there is any gluing and fixing involved. you you're one off to as ready diorama set.
I am just skeptical about the resistance to sunlight and other means of wear.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:57 AM   #19
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon
Any news about the Munich terminal from Herpa?

Any news about the Munich terminal from Herpa? Pictures other than the one and only I've seen so far?

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:
*Herpa Norwegian, United, Qatar and China Southern B787, 1:500
*Herpa BA A380, 1:500
*Sky500 Cebu Pacific A330 1:500

Don't sent PM. Send me an email instead:
andre(at)wings900.com
Antesyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dog
Re: Any news about the Munich terminal from Herpa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antesyd View Post
Any news about the Munich terminal from Herpa? Pictures other than the one and only I've seen so far?
I don't know what you have or have not seen, but pictures of a (very well executed) sample terminal were posted in the DUS fall 2011 report thread: http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-sca...11-report.html

There's also a full article in Wingsworld #5/2011, which describes the assembly in detail. I would guess it will be available by Christmas, but don't take my word for it.
mmu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #21
ATP Captain

Antesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast iconAntesyd is a diecast icon
Re: NEW RELEASE: 1:500 Herpa Airport Accessories Airport Cardboard Kit

Thank you.

Do they only ship one floodlight with the model? That's kind of cheap.

//Antesyd

“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.” – - Albert Einstein

The latest arrivals:

andre(at)wings900.com
Old 11-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #22
ATP Captain

Too bad I can't buy this mag for my Galaxy tab 10.1.

The latest arrivals:

andre(at)wings900.com
Old 11-20-2011, 10:57 AM   #23
Wings900 Team Member

mmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dogmmu69 is a top dog

Quote:
Too bad I can't buy this mag for my Galaxy tab 10.1.
... or iPad, Kindle, you name it. Might be a good idea for Herpa to launch a digital edition considering shipping is 1 € extra per issue in Europe and 3.33 € per issue for the rest of the world. Compared to the price of 6 € per issue in a subscription in Germany, that's quite a premium. Why don't you point it out to them?

Quote:
Do they only ship one floodlight with the model?
The pictures in the article show four of them. The article also states that some delicate parts are printed more often than needed so you get a second chance. There will also be some plastic parts for jetways and lamps. My guess is that a reprint of the article will accompany the kit.

Last edited by mmu69; 11-20-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #24
ATP Captain

Anyone got pictures of the real model yet?

//Antesyd

The latest arrivals:

andre(at)wings900.com
Old 02-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #25
UK Model Retailer

herpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dogherpacollectorUK is a top dog

Antesyd, I don't think there will be any pictures until its delivered by Herpa. I have been asking Herpa every so often, as I have customers who have pre-ordered and don't like to keep them waiting. They expect that it will be March when this kit is available. I have pre-ordered one for myself, it looks interesting. When I get it, I will photograph it!

Herpa, Hogan, Sky500, Inflight500, Phoenix, JC Wings and Gemini Jets stockist.
herpacollectorUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #26
ATP Captain

Thank you. I thought it would be on display at the Toy fair...

//Antesyd

The latest arrivals:

andre(at)wings900.com
Old 02-08-2012, 05:29 AM   #27
Wings900 Team Member

Some photos of the sample were posted earlier: http://www.wings900.com/vb/1-500-sca...11-report.html

I'm surprised it wasn't exhibited at the toy fair, though.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:04 AM   #28
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Frankly they can keep the diorama, I just want the telescopic airbridges! Although they probably have the Munich 'M' on the side too underotunately. Come on Herpa, give us telescopic, non-airport specific, airbridges for our layouts.

Alternatively I could just buy one of these and see if I can make my own based on what I can see of the Herpa airbridges.
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #29
ATP Captain

How hard can it be to modify a cardboard terminal?

//Antesyd

The latest arrivals:

andre(at)wings900.com
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #30
1/500 Dreamer

..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor..airman is a good contributor

Quote:
How hard can it be to modify a cardboard terminal?

//Antesyd
It's less about how hard it is (although erasing an 'M' would be a bit tough, I suspect that's printed into the card already), but the sheer number of the airport diarama's that you would need to buy at $28 in order to get anough jetbridges for my own diarama.
..airman is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: