Question about Herpa monthly catalogues. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-11-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Herpa Wings 1:500

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor
Question about Herpa monthly catalogues.

First of all, great forum, I have been reading it for quite a while and finally I managed to join it! I have been a costumer at Herpa for about 15 years and am just expanding my old collection with the new generations models. Anyway, I have a simple, if stupid, question, and please forgive me if this has been discussed before. What do the numbers 01-02 or 03-04 on the Herpa Wings catalogues mean? Do they mean the months? The semesters, etc? Does it mean those models will come out (when)?
I am particularly waiting for the new British Airways A380. Can anyone out there help me?

Thank you very much!

Edoardo
Edoardo94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon
Re: Question about Herpa monthly catalogues.

The numbers, like 01-02, mean in which month you can expect a release but as we all know here this case is unlikely, they either arrive before or after the month mentioned on the catalogues. Herpa usually releases two batches of models every month, in the mid and at the end of a month, and in these batches are models from released catalogues, they aren't predictable, normally they are leaked about a week before they hit the shops.

Hope this helped!
FlyingFan1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFan1 View Post
The numbers, like 01-02, mean in which month you can expect a release but as we all know here this case is unlikely, they either arrive before or after the month mentioned on the catalogues. Herpa usually releases two batches of models every month, in the mid and at the end of a month, and in these batches are models from released catalogues, they aren't predictable, normally they are leaked about a week before they hit the shops.

Hope this helped!
Very helpful! Thanks a lot.

Old 01-11-2017, 05:04 PM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

Ciao Edoardo, welcome to Wings900 family; it is always nice to see a friend from my home city, we are so few. Happy collecting.
How many models do you have?
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 05:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Ciao Edoardo, welcome to Wings900 family; it is always nice to see a friend from my home city, we are so few. Happy collecting.
How many models do you have?
Very good to make your acquaintance! I have been collecting since about 2002, but then I didn't have access to the internet, how many of us are there? Lol, not trying to sound stalking-ish.

I used to have about 150 planes, unfortunately I had a cleaning lady who used to break each every time she came, so I am only left for a handful NGI about 15... I sort of stopped collecting them by the end of high school, but now I am getting back to it with the newer generation which I really like (have about 12/13 of them)! Currently working on Schipiol Pier F. Pictures to follow! With the internet everything is so different, it used to be an incredibly lonely hobby.

Thanks for your welcome!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #6
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
Very good to make your acquaintance! I have been collecting since about 2002, but then I didn't have access to the internet, how many of us are there? Lol, not trying to sound stalking-ish.

I used to have about 150 planes, unfortunately I had a cleaning lady who used to break each every time she came, so I am only left for a handful NGI about 15... I sort of stopped collecting them by the end of high school, but now I am getting back to it with the newer generation which I really like (have about 12/13 of them)! Currently working on Schipiol Pier F. Pictures to follow! With the internet everything is so different, it used to be an incredibly lonely hobby.

Thanks for your welcome!
From Rome, active, i think just you and me. From Italy not so many.
I am collecting since June 10th 1996, the day of the first of "Independence Day" in Italy (Giulio Cesare theatre), buying the Libyan Arab Airlines B727-200, Roual Jordanian L-1011 and A320 from Galleria San Carlo (Via del Corso).
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
From Rome, active, i think just you and me. From Italy not so many.
I am collecting since June 10th 1996, the day of the first of "Independence Day" in Italy (Giulio Cesare theatre), buying the Libyan Arab Airlines B727-200, Roual Jordanian L-1011 and A320 from Galleria San Carlo (Via del Corso).
How wonderful! It's truly amazing, my first were a Bangkok Air 717, an Airbus livery A330 and I think a Boeing livery 747... not on the same day. Great memories. At the original Baby Store in Piazza Bologna.

Tags
herpa, herpa 1/500

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: