Herpa NGII and Starjets 747 moulds - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #16
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog
Re: Herpa NGII and Starjets 747 moulds

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747-enthusiast View Post
Well done!
Thanks man!

I think you might like this!
Just find out this model. It's for sale at the "For Sale, Trade or Swap" section, at the thread created by Rob (Lockheed_L188)

https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-...iadinstance.1/

It seems to be a sample model from an unknown manufacturer.
The mould is simply great (IMO). The wings seem to be laterally inserted (judging by these pics).

The only drawbacks to me are the gears (too short. However, they seem to be nicely detailed and maybe rollable?) and the engines (pylon/engine mounting actually).

It looks so nice, maybe very close or even better to Starjets mould
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
First Officer

B747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dog

I agree, the model (fantasy, but I love CP livery) is very good. Let's hope one day we will have such 747s in our scale. Believe me, I even considered moving to 1:400 having seen other participants' collections in that section.
B747-enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 01:02 PM   #18

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

I know that feel... sometimes 1:400 really seems to be better!

Old 01-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #19
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747-enthusiast View Post
I agree, the model (fantasy, but I love CP livery) is very good. Let's hope one day we will have such 747s in our scale. Believe me, I even considered moving to 1:400 having seen other participants' collections in that section.
Big Bid did I think seven different CP Air 747 1:500 models, just beautiful and well detailed models!
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:39 AM   #20
First Officer

B747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dog

Yes, they are beautiful! Unfortunately, I do not have any of them.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:53 PM   #21
Captain

HerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributorHerpaYVR is a good contributor

I was in Krakow last October, wish i knew you lived there, beautiful city, stayed at the Hilton across from the Mall.

I have 12 CP Air models made from Aero 500 and Big Bird. Beautiful, limited editions. They are in boxes which I look at and never dare take out. Just gorgeous, and I think about selling them, but I just cant bring myself to do it as they are just gorgeous and hard to find! There is just something about that CP Air Livery, that draws me to it!
Herpa Wings 1:500 Collector
It's not just a hobby - It's a passion
HerpaYVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #22
First Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpaYVR View Post
I was in Krakow last October, wish i knew you lived there, beautiful city, stayed at the Hilton across from the Mall.
It is a pity I did not know. Let me know next time you visit Kraków.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:39 AM   #23
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Yes, I also fear that... But I guess there are many other cargo 747-400s waiting to be released, for example...

Today I messed around using Photoshop and I tried to create a B747-400 using the Herpa B747-8 mould and the wings of a B747-400 in NGI mould (cound't find a pic of a Starjets 747 at the right angle).

I really like the result, this is what the perfect 747 would look to me!
Better than this, only with Starjets GE engines and wings (NGI have too much wingflex)!

In my opinion:

- Perfect cockpit window size, shape and placement
- Perfect nose (This particular LH 748 seems to have a perfect round nose, other B747-8 seem to be a bit pointy)
- Perfect gears (B747-8 needs a shorter nose gear though)
- great engines (Starjets GE engines are even better)
- wonderful wingbox
- perfect tail section

Why would you ever change the beautiful laterally-inserted wings on the 747-8 to the old ghastly, bulky way?! Also, don't take it too personally, but despite the mistakes, I still prefer the NGII wing attachment on NGII than that on NGI, that huge, straight, gap before the wings was horrible. (Pic. A330-300 but you get the idea).
Attached Thumbnails
Herpa NGII and Starjets 747 moulds-screen-shot-2017-01-24-4.29.08-pm.jpg  
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edoardo94 View Post
Why would you ever change the beautiful laterally-inserted wings on the 747-8 to the old ghastly, bulky way?! Also, don't take it too personally, but despite the mistakes, I still prefer the NGII wing attachment on NGII than that on NGI, that huge, straight, gap before the wings was horrible. (Pic. A330-300 but you get the idea).
I thought I had already replied your post
So, sorry for the delay.

I just used NG1 wingbox because I couldn't paste the wings of the 744 onto the 748 wingroot. But I agree with you: laterally inserted wings are always the best option.

About the NGII vs NGI wing attachment, don't worry, I understand your opinion.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:14 PM   #25
banned

Edoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributorEdoardo94 is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
I thought I had already replied your post
So, sorry for the delay.

I just used NG1 wingbox because I couldn't paste the wings of the 744 onto the 748 wingroot. But I agree with you: laterally inserted wings are always the best option.

About the NGII vs NGI wing attachment, don't worry, I understand your opinion.
Thanks! Always kind!
Edoardo94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: