F-Toys New Releases - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #1
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog
F-Toys New Releases

F-Toys have released the JASDF B747-400 and the upcoming B777-300ER, both scale 1:500.
The rest of the batch contains other JASDF aircraft (C-130, YS-11, Chinook), but unfortunately in other scale.

Just have these pictures.

F TOYS1 1 500 Boeing 777 300ER Japan Government Aircraft with Pushback | eBay

The 777 comes with a pushback tug (with towbar) and the 747 comer with stairs truck.
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2016, 01:34 AM   #2
SITTING ON TOP OF CLOUD 9

CLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciatedCLOUD 9N is appreciated
Re: F-Toys New Releases

Im not familliar with this brand. do all the older ftoy releases (JAL) have the same landing gears as this one? The front landing gear looks like herpa OG in this picture...kinda makes it look toyish.
CLOUD 9N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 04:03 AM   #3
Second Officer

Mumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributorMumrik is a good contributor

Nice to see a new release from F-Toys, even if I would have hoped for some more 787 an A350 or other models in 1:500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOUD 9N View Post
Im not familliar with this brand. do all the older ftoy releases (JAL) have the same landing gears as this one? The front landing gear looks like herpa OG in this picture...kinda makes it look toyish.
Yes the landing gears on these are the same as earlier releases.

Old 10-06-2016, 07:58 AM   #4
First Officer

B747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dog

F-toys have released many interesting models which, when made by other manufacturers, are either difficult to buy or very expensive. But I do not like their quality, therefore I have not bought any. They look "toyish". Am I wrong?
B747-enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:58 AM   #5

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLOUD 9N View Post
Hi!
F-Toys is a japanese manufacturer of several models (ships, planes, helicopters, etc).
They release commercial planes in scale 1:500, but always from Japanese airlines.
Their models are made of plastic, and usually don't have much quality, specially the gears. However, they may be cheap sometimes and much easier to collect than Hogan releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747-enthusiast View Post
F-toys have released many interesting models which, when made by other manufacturers, are either difficult to buy or very expensive. But I do not like their quality, therefore I have not bought any. They look "toyish". Am I wrong?
Yes, they may look toyish but a few modifications would make them look rather good. And they can also be used in dioramas, I bet they would look nice
Old 10-06-2016, 10:06 AM   #6
Student pilot

Malefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dogMalefiska is a top dog

I was in Japan this summer and I bought several F-Toys models, you will see what is a diorama made with them soon
Old 10-06-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
First Officer

B747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dogB747-enthusiast is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malefiska View Post
I was in Japan this summer and I bought several F-Toys models, you will see what is a diorama made with them soon
I look forward to the photos.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #8
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dog

I have a JAL DC-10 and an ANA L-1011 and both looks great, except for the gears, which are still a way better than the OGs.

Always keep improving! 'The excellency of today will be future's mediocrity.'
PT-TAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 01:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT-TAA View Post
I have a JAL DC-10 and an ANA L-1011 and both looks great, except for the gears, which are still a way better than the OGs.
pics pics pics
Old 10-08-2016, 12:27 PM   #10
Doctor Custom

PT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dogPT-TAA is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
pics pics pics
Will do, hopefully soon!!

Old 10-09-2016, 12:53 AM   #11
ATP Captain

hikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast iconhikouki is a diecast icon

I'm more interested in the ground equipment that come with the planes...
Old 10-10-2016, 09:24 PM   #12
Doctor Custom

Here they are! On my oppinion they are very well done, print wise, except for the cockpit windows. Regarding moulds, they are great, even better than the diecasts in many ways. The wings have very fine recessed lines for the slats, flaps, spoilers and panels, and the stabs in the same way; the engines are very well done, the JT9D-59s of the DC-10-40 are perfect, the RB-211s of the L-1011 are very good, but I don't know if the exhausts are that long, I have to check. Fuselage shape and size are great on both, they have thin panel lines and even come with antennas. The down side are the junction line and the landing gears, those on L-1011 are better than on DC-10. The ANA L-1011 have decals for the fuselage and wings regs, I haven't applied then yet, where the DC-10 seems to have come with the regs from the factory. Pity they became rare, I really would have picked more!

Old 10-11-2016, 01:05 AM   #13
First Officer

Indeed, the DC-10 and L-1011 are better than I expected. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Old 10-11-2016, 01:07 AM   #14

You can even say that the L-1011 is 1:200 scale and not 1:500
That Tristar is probably the most well done F-Toys 1:500 model i've seen so far.

Herpa have lot of things to learn...
Old 10-11-2016, 02:19 AM   #15
First Officer

Sergio, could you post photos of a F-Toys 747, please?

Tags
f-toys, japan, jasdf, models, plastic

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: