Herpa new A320 family mold. - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #1
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Herpa new A320 family mold.

Ciao my friends.
As for the B737-800 also Herpa A320 and A321 have become beautiful. I realized some photos, even close-up photos, to show and share my feeling about the A320. I know many will continue to complain and i am a collector that always complained with Herpa because of its stupid models and horrible molds, but this time i say that maybe nothing can be done to improve it because it started to be almost perfect. There was an evolution in Herpa molds and now the A320 looks beautiful. One of the most awful things was the nose landing gear, a stupid and very thin piece of plastic, while now it is more sturdy and well done.
Let me post the photos of a brief (recent) story of Herpa A320 and A321 molds.

Bulgaria Air A320

Air Malta A320

StarJets Virgin Sun A321

Herpa British Airways A321

Herpa airberlin A321WL

I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Re: Herpa new A320 mold.

Herpa Eurowings A320WL

Herpa British Airways A320WL

[IMG]http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i457/cico12/Comparisons/DSCN1971_zpsiea***gx.jpg[/IMG]

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #3
Captain

Eurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast icon

I fail to see any improvement. The nose has maybe slightly changed but has certainly not become significantly better. As for the wheels they have become hideous in my opinion, totally oversized. Still no change for the CFM engine pylons. I am not convinced and decided not to buy the latest BA A320.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #4
The Dark Side

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #5
G- & EI- collector

Anglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dog

The NGVI that never was. Why oh why didn't they stick with it?

Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #6
The Dark Side

In my opinion airberlin A321, British Airways A320 and Eurowings A320 have reached a good balance; just look at the previous models, even Air Malta for example, completely different nose and much more similar to a 1:1 A320!

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #7
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
In my opinion airberlin A321, British Airways A320 and Eurowings A320 have reached a good balance; just look at the previous models, even Air Malta for example, completely different nose and much more similar to a 1:1 A320!
Not exactly. I've been following the model for a years now. I own a pair of digital calipers (a high precision measuring tool) and I've tracked no change to the mould itself, across the entire A32X series NGV. The only thing Herpa has improved is the cockpit window placement. Their workers have gotten more adept at getting it right more consistently. This gives the appearance of more accurate model. The mould is as bad as it was when it was released in 2009. Now, at least, they're making the most of it, so it doesn't look like a complete abomination. The rare NGVI (Turkish Airways retro) was perfect. I wonder what became of it?
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #8
The Dark Side

Well Digital, what we want from Herpa? If you look at the BA A320 and Eurowings A320 we can't be completely disappointed! The nose section and the cockpit windows, if we look at them with attention and with a close-up photo, look not so bad.

Charter airlines lover
Old 03-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #9
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

The NGVI that Allan posted has the best nose section of all moulds.
This new mould was amazing, too bad it was ditched!
Leonardo Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:16 PM   #10
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Well Digital, what we want from Herpa? If you look at the BA A320 and Eurowings A320 we can't be completely disappointed! The nose section and the cockpit windows, if we look at them with attention and with a close-up photo, look not so bad.
The NGVI is gorgeous. The Iberia sample and Turkish A320 are proof they can do it right, if they want to. The NGV is... purchasable now. I'd give it a C+. I'm willing to spend money on A320 models, but there is a whole cavalcade of little things wrong with it. The photos you posted prove the model is decent, except for the Eurowings. They failed with the cockpit window again, it seems. It's certainly come a long way since the Air Bulgaria model, but it's not just the nose, but the pylons and fat landing gear take a lot from it.

I've been eagerly awaiting the NGV's replacement since 2009. Hopefully. Hopefully soon.

Last edited by Digital; 03-11-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #11
just crazy

Faucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dogFaucett Peru is a top dog

I will not take any Airbus A320 family models from Herpa until we see something similar to the NG VI.
I really hate the fat engine pylons and gear of the recent releases.
I am very disappointed. We waited sooo long for what?

I will no longer spend a single cent for them.

I acquired six Turkish A320s for custom work and might get even more, if I can.

PROUD TO BE OWNER OF FAUCETT PERU TriStar http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8421/7...63ccf9b0_c.jpg THANKS TO SERGIO & STAR PERU Fleet, THANKS to BERT, CB CUSTOMS.
Faucett Peru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #12
Puddle Jumper

Austrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributorAustrian03 is a good contributor

NG V is still a disaster. Everyone who has seen an A320 in real should know that. After i got the Thomas Cook A321 i stopped buying A320 Family Models... i am very disappointed.
These little models cost so much money... sometimes i am really thinking to switch to 1:400 scale...
Austrian03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 03:39 PM   #13
RJ Captain

getifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
The NGVI that never was. Why oh why didn't they stick with it?
Because they got their Witty Wings toolset back and want to exhaust the old tools!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
The NGVI that Allan posted has the best nose section of all moulds.
This new mould was amazing, too bad it was ditched!
The interim-mould (Turkish Airlines + Iberia sample) is not ditched. It’s there in standby position and will reappear as soon as the Witty Wings-toolset is worn out.
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #14
Captain

Eurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by getifero View Post
Because they got their Witty Wings toolset back and want to exhaust the old tools!

The interim-mould (Turkish Airlines + Iberia sample) is not ditched. It’s there in standby position and will reappear as soon as the Witty Wings-toolset is worn out.
The only positive thing I can think of is that they have more time to develop a more accurate mould instead of rushing to finish the new mould (like it was with the B737).
Still a very strange business model.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 05:09 PM   #15
G- & EI- collector

Anglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dog

We can only hope that the NEO will be an improvement. Then they can simply use different engines for CEO and NEO.
Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: