Herpa new A320 family mold. - Page 6 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-06-2017, 05:28 AM   #76
RJ Second Officer

simao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributor
Re: Herpa new A320 family mold.

His email is listed here:

Stephan Külgen - Product manager Wings

HERPA Miniaturmodelle GmbH - Online - Contact product management

I this the only thing that appears to be wrong in the new mold are the wheels
simao28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2017, 06:27 AM   #77
RJ Second Officer

HAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
What do you guys think about we sending emails to Herpa, suggesting the modifications to the A320 mould???

It worked with the B737-800 new mould.
And also, since they're developing the mould, the chance of modify it based on our requests and suggestions is higher than a mould which is already totally developed (I believe...).
But I think that presenting a prototype on a fair means that the basic things are already done/ decided.

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:30 AM   #78
RJ Second Officer

simao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributor

Yes, that's probably right.
We will have models with these wheels and "nothing" can be done at this point

Old 02-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #79
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAJ-09L View Post
But I think that presenting a prototype on a fair means that the basic things are already done/ decided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simao28 View Post
Yes, that's probably right.
We will have models with these wheels and "nothing" can be done at this point
I still think It's worth to try.

From the early Gol 737 PR-GTE model to the latest 737s with Split Scimitars, a lot has changed...

Who should I email to? Stephan?
Old 02-06-2017, 07:44 AM   #80
RJ Second Officer

Yes, Stephan Külgen is probably the best option since he is the manager for the Wings branch.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #81

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

Just sent him the email... i'll post the answer as soon as I get it
Old 02-06-2017, 10:22 AM   #82
RJ Second Officer

HAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post
Just sent him the email... i'll post the answer as soon as I get it
Thank you for your effort!

HAJ-09L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #83
Captain

Eurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast icon

If more people write a mail, it's more likely they will listen.

My mail has already been sent.
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #84
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

May I ask what you wrote in your mails?

I like this uprising of collectors
FlyingFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM   #85
Captain

Eurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast iconEurojet is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFan1 View Post
May I ask what you wrote in your mails?

I like this uprising of collectors
Compliments for the stairs and the decision to update the A320-moulds (it's a step in the right direction an such bla bla), but the urgent need to reduce the gear size before release.
I also asked about the new ATR mould.

Take the time and write a mail too!
Eurojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:10 AM   #86
RJ Second Officer

The "new" ATR mold shows up in ACB's facebook page.
It seems they only thing new is the wheels that now are also big compared to the plane.
And those windows

Some times the change is worse...
Attached Thumbnails
Herpa new A320 family mold.-16463087_1087956761315226_5205314852083333894_o.jpg  
Old 02-07-2017, 07:13 AM   #87
787 dreamliner of dreams

MM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dogMM9024 is a top dog

What a bad looking model. Sad that this very important aircraft was soo ruined by Herpa. Actually that's not a ATR mould. Herpa Herpa you worked it out with the 737 and you build an absolute awsome Dash 8 Q400 why ruin thislittle beauty????

Last edited by MM9024; 02-07-2017 at 07:16 AM. Reason: missing smiley
MM9024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by simao28 View Post
The "new" ATR mold shows up in ACB's facebook page.
It seems they only thing new is the wheels that now are also big compared to the plane.
And those windows

Some times the change is worse...
I will write email ASAP to Stephan about this

I actually see two problems: too big cockpit windows and oversized gears.
Correcting them, this model would look very nice in my opinion.

PS: Would be cool to move these posts about the ATR to the "Herpa Breaking News" thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Stephan have replied my email, here we go.
Here's my email:

Quote:
Hello Mr. Külgen!
I've seen an image of the new Airbus A320 family moulds, taken at the Toy Fair 2017.

First of all, I really like the fact that Herpa is finally creating a new mould for the A320 family.
The current mould have too many flaws, which bother not only me but other collectors aswell.

About the new mould, it looks wonderful in my opinion. The nose section seems to be very accurate, the tail and wings are well done, the wingtip fences and winglets look great too. There is no wingflex this time, which is definitely great too.
The engine pylons, which were one of the biggest flaws of the current mould, are wonderful in this new mould.

However, two problems are bothering me and other collectors:
The gears are still oversized (a problem also present in the current mould) and, judging by the only picture i've seen, the CFM engine of the A319 looks oversized.

Take a look at this picture of a real A319 with CFM engines:
https://d31asmy75eposw.cloudfront.ne...1476261300.jpg

Now take a look at this pic of the new moulds:
http://www.michael-milan.de/models/nue1.jpg

See how the gears on the model are too big, and the engine is also too big.
The A320 family have a small nose gear wheel and a much smaller CFM engine.

This old A320 model from Herpa have a perfect gear and perfect CFM engine size:
http://modelutions.de/catalog/images/DSC08091.JPG

So, I really hope to see these flaws corrected on the new A320 mould.
This mould looks wonderful, i'm really pleased. But correcting these two problems would make it outstanding.
Would be a much more accurate mould ��

Thank you for your attention!
Best Regards!
Here's his reply:

Quote:
Hi Jenny, (WTF, he called me "Jenny")

hier gleich der zweite...

Glad to hear that you in general like our new A320 family in 1/500. These are the first test shots that were finished just in time for the toy fair. In the next step, we will internally review these before giving approval for the first productions. Certainly, some modifications will still be necessary. We will double check the CFM engine and also the nose gear, as you (and others) have specifically pointed out that you feel that something is not right about it. 
Thank you for sending through your comments.

Gruß
Stephan

Last edited by Leonardo Mello; 02-07-2017 at 07:20 AM.
Leonardo Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:11 AM   #89
RJ First Officer

FlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast iconFlyingFan1 is a diecast icon

I guess he wanted to send this mail to his colleague Jenny Hetzel complaining (Hi Jenny,..hier gleich der zweite) that you are the next one to complain about the new mould.
It seems like he accidentally send this to you
Old 02-07-2017, 08:33 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFan1 View Post
I guess he wanted to send this mail to his colleague Jenny Hetzel complaining (Hi Jenny,..hier gleich der zweite) that you are the next one to complain about the new mould.
It seems like he accidentally send this to you
Yeah, I immediately thought about Jenny Hetzel too

Anyway, i'll send him an email about the ATR and I'll post at the Herpa Breaking News thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: