Herpa new A320 family mold. - Page 2 - Wings900 Discussion Forums Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:500 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #16
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog
Re: Herpa new A320 mold.

Is there someone liking these models?
I know Herpa must improve them but, personally speaking, i like Thomson and airberlin A321WL, and i like Eurowings and British Airways A320WL.
I don't feel to complain so much with Herpa for these last models, not perfect but even not bad.
I complain with Herpa for their mistakes and flaws (like the missing grey on the BA A320 engines, for example) or, even worst, for the poor or completely missing quality check.
I want Novair A321 in 1:400 and 1:500 scale!

Charter airlines lover
Charter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2016, 01:35 AM   #17
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

I don't know. Herpa's A320 NGV is about as attractive as Donald Trump's haircut. He's winning, but no one knows how he got there.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 02:06 AM   #18
Proud Thinking Human

Vic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dogVic Diesel is a top dog

I don't think the newer A320s look that bad - at least when compared with models that Herpa screwed up by completely mis-printing the cockpit windows (Delta Belle TriStar) or mis-placing the cabin window row (Air Koryo TU-154). There is room for improvement though, I hope the NG VI mould gets into action sooner than later.

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things..."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Vic Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #19
RJ Captain

getifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top doggetifero is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurojet View Post
The only positive thing I can think of is that they have more time to develop a more accurate mould instead of rushing to finish the new mould (like it was with the B737).
Still a very strange business model.
What’s new? The main objective is profitability. In order to achieve this, the (high) investment costs for (bought in) tool- and mould-making have to be amortized over the longest possible timeframe. We already saw this policy with the DC 10 and are experiencing it still with the 747.

Nevertheless there were some minor improvements of the »Witty Wings« A320-family toolset over the years. The »wingflex« of the A320 was corrected. And now the angulation and length of the front gear (and the diameter of the front wheels?) could have been slightly adjusted. At least it looks somewhat better on the A320 (and worse on the A321).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglojet View Post
We can only hope that the NEO will be an improvement. Then they can simply use different engines for CEO and NEO.
I hope you are right. Lately herpa has not been very selective regarding engines (refusing to renew the somewhere lost RR Trent 800).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Diesel View Post
I don't think the newer A320s look that bad - at least when compared with models that Herpa screwed up by completely mis-printing the cockpit windows (Delta Belle TriStar) or mis-placing the cabin window row (Air Koryo TU-154). There is room for improvement though, I hope the NG VI mould gets into action sooner than later.
I agree. Compared to the Turkish A320 the adjusted »Witty Wings« A320 WL’s are a disappointment, compared to the (let’s say) Air France (80th Anniversary) they are a slight improvement. The Delta Belle Tristar and Air Koryo 154 where victims of poor printing control, both a tragedy in itself but a whole different story though (that is excellent moulds wasted by far too often recurring printing errors).
getifero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:52 AM   #20
RJ First Officer

kamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributorkamal is an excellent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
Is there someone liking these models?
I know Herpa must improve them but, personally speaking, i like Thomson and airberlin A321WL, and i like Eurowings and British Airways A320WL.
I don't feel to complain so much with Herpa for these last models, not perfect but even not bad.
I complain with Herpa for their mistakes and flaws (like the missing grey on the BA A320 engines, for example) or, even worst, for the poor or completely missing quality check.

I think its hard sometimes to judge a model over a picture, thats why I could not give you my opinion until I receive the latest models and check them with my own eyes.

I totally agree with you Charter they really look much better now, and if we looked back 2 or 3 years ago, you will discover that Herpa did a lot of improvements on the A320s mold:

1- They have fixed the Wings flex. For me this was the most horrible flaw in the mold especially for the A319 models.
2- They improved the nose section, its maybe still not perfect but its not as long as before.
3- The shape of the tail is corrected.
4- They are adding exit markings on all the models now.

The only thing left in my opinion that needs to be improved is the engine pylons, if Herpa managed to fix it then we will have a perfect mold, but all I can say now that I am really happy with the final results that we have reached with the A320 mold, and looking forward for more improvements.
Searching for: Sky500 0738VA Virgin Atlantic A340-600
kamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #21
RJ Second Officer

B-HUF is flying under the radar

Am I the odd one who thinks the nose of the new Herpa A320 mould is actually too pointed? I think the nose of the NGV is too round, but the NGVI still doesn't get it right in my opinion...
The NGIV still looks the best.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:39 AM   #22
G- & EI- collector

Anglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dogAnglojet is a top dog

There is no 'new' mould. It lasted one release and two samples before being replaced by NGV again.
Anglojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #23
RJ First Officer

nebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast iconnebula is a diecast icon
Re: Herpa new A320 family mold.

i could be very wrong, but i'm quite sure there is no actual NGVI Mould at all! i have compared the so called "NGVI" mould with the lysia 1:500 mould turns out they are pretty much identical.
i think Herpa might of ditched this mould because the inconsistency of the mould. the Lysia Dragon air a320 had a balance issue. it couldn't stay in the up right so i had to lower the front landing gear for it to work. the Iberia A320 has some paint issue with the nose, and it also didn't stay upright.. but it was an easy fix. if that was the concern Herpa had i think it would be a wise idea to ditch the mould now until it is refined at a later stage.
nevertheless, i think this mould is by far the best a320 family moulds in 1:500.. hope Herpa could find a way to utilise this beautiful mould. (please see the comparison below)
Attached Thumbnails
Herpa new A320 family mold.-l1070770.jpg   Herpa new A320 family mold.-l1070771.jpg   Herpa new A320 family mold.-l1070772.jpg   Herpa new A320 family mold.-l1070773.jpg  
Searching for 1:500 Lysia Singapore airlines cargo 747-400f 1:500 Herpa Pan American World Airways B 747SP club model. Lysia Dragonair A330-342 1:500"25th Anniversary"
My collection http://www.diecastmodelaircraft.com/collection/nebula

Last edited by nebula; 04-08-2016 at 11:34 PM.
nebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #24
The Dark Side

Charter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dogCharter is a top dog

So, the majority of you consider "perfect" (or almost perfect) this mould:

Apart from the nose section, quite good even if it seems more like a B757 than an A320

do you really like this stupid flexible piece of plastic called nose gear???

Charter airlines lover
Old 04-15-2016, 03:57 PM   #25
RJ Second Officer

simao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributorsimao28 is a good contributor

We get it Charter, you don't like it
You will have a nice choice of A320 model in the future to come.
For me I will only get the TAP A321... because there will not be another in 1:500
simao28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #26
Captain

Digital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast iconDigital is a diecast icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter View Post
do you really like this stupid flexible piece of plastic called nose gear???
Hell yes I love that stupid flexible piece of plastic landing gear! One of the things I've despised most about the metal NGV landing gear, is that they do not look to scale at all. They are fat, sausage like tree trunks that look more like they belong on an OG model. The plastic ones are far more refined, filigree, and closer to scale. They may be more fragile, but plastic is far easier to repair than metal. To me, the the mould of the model you're showing us wins every competition hands down.
Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #27
They told me to change it

Leonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dogLeonardo Mello is a top dog

1) The gear is NOT part of the mould

2) Hell yes we like it. This mould is oh soooo much better than NGV.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:45 AM   #28
RJ Second Officer

HAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radarHAJ-09L is flying under the radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
Hell yes I love that stupid flexible piece of plastic landing gear! One of the things I've despised most about the metal NGV landing gear, is that they do not look to scale at all. They are fat, sausage like tree trunks that look more like they belong on an OG model. The plastic ones are far more refined, filigree, and closer to scale. They may be more fragile, but plastic is far easier to repair than metal. To me, the the mould of the model you're showing us wins every competition hands down.

Exactly!!!

HAJ-09L is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:30 PM   #29
First Officer

skwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dogskwai56 is a top dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula View Post
i could be very wrong, but i'm quite sure there is no actual NGVI Mould at all! i have compared the so called "NGVI" mould with the lysia 1:500 mould turns out they are pretty much identical.
i think Herpa might of ditched this mould because the inconsistency of the mould. the Lysia Dragon air a320 had a balance issue. it couldn't stay in the up right so i had to lower the front landing gear for it to work. the Iberia A320 has some paint issue with the nose, and it also didn't stay upright.. but it was an easy fix. if that was the concern Herpa had i think it would be a wise idea to ditch the mould now until it is refined at a later stage.
nevertheless, i think this mould is by far the best a320 family moulds in 1:500.. hope Herpa could find a way to utilise this beautiful mould. (please see the comparison below)
Actually, I suddenly realize that the new NGVI mold is same as the Lysia A320 mold!! Look at the main landing gear, they really look the same!! There is no new mold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mello View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
Let the picture speak for itself.

I dont care it is a stupid flexible piece of plastic. I am getting a model so i want it to be as accurate as possible. I am not getting toys i dont need it to be sturdy. The diagonal part of the front landing gear of NGV bugs me everytime i see it. I HATE IT
skwai56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:54 PM   #30
The Dark Side

How different we are! In Italy there are some other great collectors (Luca, Guido, Marco, Joe, Lollo) and almost all of them hate the plastic landing gear!
We all prefer an even oversized landing gear, like Sky500 or Herpa NGIV, but strongest and not a small plastic trunk.
Anyway the world is beautiful because there are different opinions, i am happy with Herpa A320 models so far.

Charter airlines lover

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: