Wings900 - Model News

Go Back   Wings900 Discussion Forums > Wings900 Model Terminal > 1:200 Scale Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Earning My Wings

Acegeus is flying under the radar
Question de Havilland Comet 106 1:200 BOAC/Air France

Greetings to all,

I am willing to buy the 1949 de Havilland 106 Comet jet in BOAC or Air France livery colors, and I would appreciate if you have some recommendations

I want it to be very detailed and realistic 1:200 scale, to have a stand and to be made out of diecast metal or have rubber tires (if possible removable landing gear - like Hogan does) and to be finished in BOAC or Air France livery colors.

I attached some pictures to be shore

Many thanks,
I look forward to hearing from you

Best, Acegeus
Attached Thumbnails
de Havilland Comet 106 1:200 BOAC/Air France-de-havilland-comet-1-boac.jpg   de Havilland Comet 106 1:200 BOAC/Air France-boac-de-havilland-comet-4.jpg  
Acegeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
Förum King

MYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dogMYT DC-10 is a top dog
Re: de Havilland Comet 106 1:200 BOAC/Air France

You mean for a custom?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Earning My Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYT DC-10 View Post
You mean for a custom?
Not necessarily, I'm looking everywhere on the net to find a manufacturer that makes the model I require - for example, Hogan is making Concorde and Caravelle exactly the way I wanted and in the exact livery colors I liked, so it wasn't necessary to order a custom...too bad they don't make Comets in the same way

A few days ago I found another rare model - Boeing 377 Stratocruiser made by another manufacturer at 1:200 scale. Unfortunately, the models that I require are very rare at 1:200 scale (Vickers Vanguard is one of them...)

Last edited by Acegeus; 06-30-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
Earning My Wings

DLSAN is flying under the radar

Hello
Just take an old UK DINKY which has a correct shape at 1/200, paint it, and ask F-DCAL.net to sell you custom laser decals.
You gave me a good idea, will manage to; and in the meantime be advised that two AF viscount are to be released soon by HOBBY MASTER and next month by HERPA
See you, Dominique
DLSAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 AM   #5
Earning My Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSAN View Post
Hello
Just take an old UK DINKY which has a correct shape at 1/200, paint it, and ask F-DCAL.net to sell you custom laser decals.
You gave me a good idea, will manage to; and in the meantime be advised that two AF viscount are to be released soon by HOBBY MASTER and next month by HERPA
See you, Dominique
Thanks for the idea but I really want it to be ready-made by a factory and be perfect from all points of view ( you know what I mean)

About the new released items - also thanks you for the notification but the Vickers model that I am looking for is the Vanguard not Viscout - Vanguard is the prototype after the Viscout is made,and I hope to find it also at 1:200 scale die cast metal made - the same problem here, it exists at 1:400 or 1:500, not at 1:200

One thing makes me happy - I found the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser at 1:200 exactly the way I wanted, which means, since it's a new release, that there may be chances to find even my desired models at this scale soon

Best regards, Acegeus

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: